Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 02:29 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,997 times

Advertisements

The Last Word

I laughed so hard at this woman. Someone should have pulled her off with a hook. She could hardly talk.
She works in a trauma center and she was shaken over three people? WOW she needs to find a new line of work. "There is something evil in America" "we have to work to get rid of it" "this is not America" "This is not good" LMAO what a duff she is. Then she goes on to say, its and evilness its an illness when people raise arms against each other. Really? I guess when you went to college you skipped history right doc? Jeezzz its full of nothing but people killing each other wholesale.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:00 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Yeah, sucks when people actually feel for the victims.

Might want to look at your own communication before you criticize others.
Just saying.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:28 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
The Last Word

I laughed so hard at this woman. Someone should have pulled her off with a hook. She could hardly talk.
She works in a trauma center and she was shaken over three people? WOW she needs to find a new line of work. "There is something evil in America" "we have to work to get rid of it" "this is not America" "This is not good" LMAO what a duff she is. Then she goes on to say, its and evilness its an illness when people raise arms against each other. Really? I guess when you went to college you skipped history right doc? Jeezzz its full of nothing but people killing each other wholesale.
Should we outlaw all guns? No.

Should we realize we have a culture that is producing this type of behavior? Hard to ignore reality.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:35 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,355,463 times
Quote:
The Last Word

We live in a world where everyone is desensitized to pain of others over information overload from the news, and you're complaining about the last person with a soul.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:30 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
We live in a world where everyone is desensitized to pain of others over information overload from the news, and you're complaining about the last person with a soul.
No, you lack comprehension, as does a previous poster. The OP doesn't malign anyone for having a soul. He states that this type of thing has long been a part of history. It's not new, it's not something that has just come about, it's something that anyone who has studied history, knows is not new.

I feel for all those killed, injured, and their friends and family for loss or injury to their loved ones, but to say this is not America? Sorry, this type of thing has happened, not only since the dawn of time, but from the Dawn of America.

Did you know the first reported school shooting in the U.S. was July 26, 1764?

Look up Barnett Davenport for more interesting reading.

It's not new, only more sensationalized.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:33 AM

She is a trauma dr. She is supposed to be working where its a high level of stress and be able to think strait. She could hardly create a sentence. LOL Instead she went on some stupid rant of evil and society bla bla bla. She should be removed for not being capable of doing her job.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:36 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Default Trauma Dr. can barely create a sentence.

Quote:
The Last Word

Say what?

Old 09-17-2013, 05:57 AM

Now watch the libs go after guns. This guy bought the gun that Uncle Joe said to buy. Now they will bash guns in general. I bet it will be we just don't need guns on the left. LOL But they just lost two seats in Colorado for voting for gun control. I think many will think twice before pushing for more gun control. slap them down if they do. No new gun laws because some libs can't control their emotions.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:18 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
The Last Word

It takes a morally bankrupt person to laugh at this. People who work in extremely stressful environments, such as trauma personnel, see things you cannot even begin to imagine, and in a crisis, save your hide. Your disdain is both infantile and ridiculous.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:30 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yeah, sucks when people actually feel for the victims.

Might want to look at your own communication before you criticize others.
Just saying.

???

You are TRAINED in medical school and residency NOT TO EXPRESS EMOTION and come unglued in stressful situations. Why?

1. it impairs you ability to act
2. anxiety expressed by the physician will cause the nurses to panic
3. nurses and ancillary staff act more effectively when you speak to them in a calm, measured voice
4. patients (if still awake) become anxious and combative if everyone else is anxious

We consider those who are emotional and anxious as those who were not properly trained. One can show emotion later when no one is looking (one would have to have a heart of stone not to be affected). Such events cannot be ignored, but physicians CANNOT become emotional in public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies