Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 11:31 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,805 times

Advertisements

The DEMOCRATS are the ones that want to shutdown government! If you going to start a bashing thread, at least have your facts straight.

FAIL.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:35 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,340,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
The DEMOCRATS are the ones that want to shutdown government! If you going to start a bashing thread, at least have your facts straight.

FAIL.
Seriously? Republicans are doing everything they possibly can to sabotage our economy. They need to stop being babies and accept the fact that Obamacare is here to stay and the voters have spoken.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:35 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post

FAIL.
The facts are that Republicans are the ones using the negative effects of the shutdown as leverage to assert the agenda that they can't carry through elections and legislation. So obviously, the Republicans are the ones who are trying to shut down the government if they don't get their way.

So, as reasonable people can plainly see, I am right and you are wrong.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:38 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,127 times
...the government has been shut down, by one side or the other, 22 times since 1979...we're all still here

Old 09-28-2013, 11:40 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Seriously? Republicans are doing everything they possibly can to sabotage our economy. They need to stop being babies and accept the fact that Obamacare is here to stay and the voters have spoken.
...or they need to wait until they win sufficient control of the House, Senate, and White House, and then pass a repeal.

That's how this country used to be governed.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say "if you don't get your way through the process we've set up, just conduct economic terrorism until you get your way." Republicans might as well tear up the Constitution and use if for toilet paper; they have now joined the ranks of anarchists and terrorists. Oh, the irony...

Old 09-28-2013, 11:42 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,006,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
The facts are that Republicans are the ones using the negative effects of the shutdown as leverage to assert the agenda that they can't carry through elections and legislation. So obviously, the Republicans are the ones who are trying to shut down the government if they don't get their way.

Agree....the bill was passed by both house and senate and then deciding at the last minute not to fund it is to me like crying over spilled soup. I say the best option is to let it go into effect and then see what happens. If it is as bad as some people say, then the Republicans will easily pick up more seats in the 2014 election. If not, then the Democrats will be right. But goodness, let it play out.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
What exactly are they doing to "sabotage" the economy??
They already said they will approve raising the debt ceiling. They just don't want to approve funding for the ACA ON TOP of raising the debt ceiling.
The Democrats want ALL OR NOTHING(shutdown). Working together right!

You guys just don't care that the ACA is bad. You simply support it because Obama signed it into law and nothing else. You guys simply cannot grasp the fact that it is unsustainable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

Like Obama did with Sequestration?
Show me 1 Republican that supports shutdown??

Old 09-28-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
Agree....the bill was passed by both house and senate and then deciding at the last minute not to fund it is to me like crying over spilled soup. I say the best option is to let it go into effect and then see what happens. If it is as bad as some people say, then the Republicans will easily pick up more seats in the 2014 election. If not, then the Democrats will be right. But goodness, let it play out.
Not quite. Not a single Republican voted for it. At least that's true for the Senate, not sure about the House.

We won't know the effects by 2014. The worst part of it got delayed by Obama until after the 2014 election so that it doesn't cost them any votes.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:49 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,932,094 times
The ACA was passed 3 years ago. Not only was Obama re-elected, he absolutely demolished Romney at the polls. Americans have spoken, they re-elected Obama even after ACA was passed. What's the hold up then? Why should a small tea party minority be allowed to destroy the country?

Why should the country be paralyzed every single time the debt limit needs to be raised? It just creates a never ending cycle of gridlock and political bargaining every year. Don't be surprised then when investors no long invest in the USA because politics have become too unstable.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:50 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Oh no i might have to start voting Democrat now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies