Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2013, 01:26 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Well-being of America??
There is NO well-being if it gets funded!! More money will be paid out than what is coming in!! It is NOT sustainable! This will be in the red like Medicare and SS in no time while destroying the jobs of millions of people!! Why should the next 10 generations be stuck footing the bill for this too?

Stop being so pigheaded.
If enough Americans feel that way, they will elect enough Republicans into the House, Senate, and/or White House, thereby giving them the mandate to repeal it.

Why do you refuse to let the process driven by the will of the people work once it doesn't go your way? Talk about being pig-headed...

Old 09-29-2013, 01:29 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Would you care to post data from those poll results?

As Harrier has said already, if those polls actually show what you claim, it is because the left wing propaganda machine has successfully deluded people with their lies - lies which you have wholeheartedly swallowed.
Most Americans against defunding Obamacare: Survey

Quote:
A solid majority of Americans oppose defunding the new health care law if it means shutting down the government and defaulting on debt.

The CNBC All-America Economic Survey of 800 people across the country conducted by Hart-McInturff, finds that, in general, Americans oppose defunding Obamacare by a plurality of 44 percent to 38 percent.

Opposition to defunding increases sharply when the issue of shutting down the government and defaulting is included. In that case, Americans oppose defunding 59 percent to 19 percent, with 18 percent of respondents unsure. The final 4 percent is a group of people who want to defund Obamacare, but become unsure when asked if they still hold that view if it means shutting down the government.
You can call it what you want. I call it: "people aren't as stupid as you'd wish they were."

Even if people don't like Obamacare, most are still sufficiently rational that they don't think it right or fair to cause widespread economic harm over the zeal to oppose the law.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:46 AM

29,827 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

You can call it what you want. I call it: "people aren't as stupid as you'd wish they were."

Even if people don't like Obamacare, most are still sufficiently rational that they don't think it right or fair to cause widespread economic harm over the zeal to oppose the law.
Haha, yea, I almost believe what the left wing media has to say

Old 09-29-2013, 01:47 AM

29,827 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

Haha, yea, I almost believe what the left wing media has to say

And really, most people have no clue what Obama care is, what it does, or what it will cost. Half believe it's just another freebie give away program, so sign me up

Old 09-29-2013, 03:00 AM

742 posts, read 678,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Oh no i might have to start voting Democrat now...
Op you confused the troll with your disinfo! LOlOllOOOL!!1111

Old 09-29-2013, 05:07 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,551,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Maybe our government should learn how to manage money and spend within their means??
I find it interesting that the government won't do what households across America must do. Live within their means. Households can't just print money and push the debt off onto their kids. If we had a family member who did this, how strongly would we disapprove? Yet this is what the government does.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:11 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,551,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
The ACA was passed 3 years ago. Not only was Obama re-elected, he absolutely demolished Romney at the polls. Americans have spoken, they re-elected Obama even after ACA was passed. What's the hold up then? Why should a small tea party minority be allowed to destroy the country?

Why should the country be paralyzed every single time the debt limit needs to be raised? It just creates a never ending cycle of gridlock and political bargaining every year. Don't be surprised then when investors no long invest in the USA because politics have become too unstable.
Why should raising the debt ceiling time and time again be expected by the democrats? What you're missing is that this is an over spending problem that needs to be fixed. Every time we raise the debt ceiling we come one step closer to defaulting on our debt and sending this country into chaos. Is that really the legacy you want to leave our kids? Just because it's unlikely to happen in our lifetime doesn't mean it's right to push the problem off on our kids and our grandkids.

The republicans are using the leverage they have to stop the madness. The dems would do the same if the situation were reversed. That's just politics. Why the dems think they should just be allowed to run amok because they hold the majority is beyond me. We have a two party system so that one can hold the other accountable. THAT is what the republicans are doing. Holding the dems feet to the fire over the budget and forcing unpopular decisions that must be made. As it is, obama care is too expensive. That needs to be fixed. The budget needs to be fixed. The answer to too much credit card debt is NOT get another credit card. Repeatedly raising the debt ceiling has to stop. It should only be raised with good reason and because we spent what we had is not good reason. It is long past time to balance the budget. I don't care whose fault our current situation is. It's time to fix it and if those in Washington can't fix it, it's time to replace them with people who can. We have to, at least, be on a path that leads to a balanced budget at some point as we cannot simply continue to borrow. That can lead only to one end. Defaulting at some point in the future which will destroy our economy and quite likely our country. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that's what obummer wants. As things are, he is going to leave a mess much bigger than the one Bush is blamed for for his successor. I don't think the dems care though. I think they're willing to destroy the economy to punish the rich. These are scary times. I'm glad that the reps have the leverage to force the dems to revisit the budget because they cannot be allowed to run amok and just spend what they want.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:14 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Listening to obama speak the other night, his undignified manner and his misleading words ...
Sounds like your let your bias compromise your ability to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Why should a Janitor working as federal employee cleaning up the offices of a government agency be blamed for Obama's problems? Should he be paid later than some millionaire on Social Security? Not everyone working for the Federal Government is evil!

Now back to my original question!
That's just the point: Your original question requires placing fairness and justice above the exploitation and exclusivity that is the foundation of right-wing politics, so the best way for right-wingers to address the issue is to obfuscate and otherwise evade anything that undercuts their petulant, self-centered, irresponsible effort to get their way at any cost, after losing about 40 issues on the same issue.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:18 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Seriously? Republicans are doing everything they possibly can to sabotage our economy. They need to stop being babies and accept the fact that Obamacare is here to stay and the voters have spoken.

did we get a new president and senate and I missed it???
are you telling me it has been the house all these last 5 years that ran up a 17 TRILLON debt??
gosh and he I was going to blame Obama

Old 09-29-2013, 05:24 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,006,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I find it interesting that the government won't do what households across America must do. Live within their means. Households can't just print money and push the debt off onto their kids. If we had a family member who did this, how strongly would we disapprove? Yet this is what the government does.
While I agree in principle and it makes sense....on the national government scale how does one do this. With my family in such cases when more money is needed, we try to find other sources of income or cut back on expenses, and the decisions can be made quick and fast. On the government scale, that is impossible as there are too many hands in the pot if you will....try to trim back foreign aid and military overseas and you have the pitchforks out from some groups...try to trim back domestic programs the same thing....so you get bogged down into where nothing any group proposes to cut can get passed. Same with raising revenue....there were many tax cuts from the 80s into the last decade...and on our taxes I do each February there are this and that deductions....thus less money is flowing in to the government. When you try to raise more income via removing some deductions or raising some taxes once again the pitchforks come out again and once again stalemate.

Sometimes I would wish that one party would sweep into power with a huge majority and just do something (regardless of the party) and see what happens. This one party controls one branch and the other party controls the other branch of congress in today's world just leads to in action on big items due to lobbyists pouring money into the hands of the politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies