Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 05:32 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,972,392 times

Advertisements

And who holds you accountable buu. You have posted more than once about your church, how young people are being taught in Sunday School proper thinking with regard to humanity, and yet the level of contempt from you in your messages is astounding. How can you talk about others being held accountable when you do not hold yourself accountable. Be the change you want to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I'm holding you accountable for what you posted. Stop trying to evade responsibility for what you wrote.

You evidently have failed to remember the context of this fight you've been waging. In a discussion of monetary policy, promulgated by a Fed Chair originally appointed by a previous POTUS, who as a matter of fact, was a Republican, you decided to try to place blame on the current POTUS. Your action was ridiculous beyond measure, I called your comments out on that fact, and you've failed repeatedly to maturely and reasonably accept repudiation of your corrupted comment. Yes: "Extremist" right-wing is the correct label for this nonsense you've been engaging in since the first message in the thread. You've established very well, just from how you refuse to admit your failure, that extremist nature.
You hate the president, personally, viscerally. We heard you loud and clear. Message received. Give it a break. It isn't relevant to the discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 05:41 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,975,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob
Yep, that inflation is just destroying us .... errr... wait a sec??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
When the printing stops, who is going to fund your welfare at 0 percent interest? Hmmmmm??
Your view represents profound ignorance and a lack of understanding of the difference between monetary and fiscal policy. Not only is that "printing" not being spend on programs but the deficit is shrinking and
shrinking fast.

Quote:
The U.S. government posted a narrower budget deficit in August compared with a year ago, keeping the annual gap on track to be the smallest in five years.
US Budget Deficit Shrinks 35 Pct. From Last Year - ABC News

Old 09-22-2013, 06:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,304,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Sorry, when the Fed creates an accommodating monetary environment to borrow, real cars get made and sold, real houses get built as well as other products and services. Real people build those things and receive real paychecks, which they then spend in the economy, which collectively raises GDP. There is nothing artificial about it. Those are real people , houses, cars and paychecks.
It's been asked of you many times. Then why doesn't the government just print and give everyone $100,00? $200,000? Hell, make everyone a millionaire and away goes the wage gap.

All is then well, right?

I asked that knowing full well that you know your argument is B.S.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:32 AM

26,578 posts, read 15,145,042 times
Quote:
I'm holding you accountable for what you posted. Stop trying to evade responsibility for what you wrote.

You evidently have failed to remember the context of this fight you've been waging. In a discussion of monetary policy, promulgated by a Fed Chair originally appointed by a previous POTUS, who as a matter of fact, was a Republican, you decided to try to place blame on the current POTUS. Your action was ridiculous beyond measure, I called your comments out on that fact, and you've failed repeatedly to maturely and reasonably accept repudiation of your corrupted comment. Yes: "Extremist" right-wing is the correct label for this nonsense you've been engaging in since the first message in the thread. You've established very well, just from how you refuse to admit your failure, that extremist nature.

You hate the president, personally, viscerally. We heard you loud and clear. Message received. Give it a break. It isn't relevant to the discussion.
Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough and you couldn't grasp it.

Obama says we are in year 5 of a recovery...I am arguing that this is incorrect.

Besides all of the evidence from the federal government on how things are getting worse for every day Americans during the "recovery" -- the fact that QE has increased during the "recovery" to the highest levels of QE of all time...is more proof that the president is wrong.

Tell me how increasing QE stimulus over the course of 5 years is a sign of economic recovery. It almost seems like you agree with me, because you dodge the arguments and facts and focus on the emotions of supporting or not supporting a president.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's been asked of you many times. Then why doesn't the government just print and give everyone $100,00? $200,000? Hell, make everyone a millionaire and away goes the wage gap.

All is then well, right?

I asked that knowing full well that you know your argument is B.S.
It's clear you don't understand how this works. The Fed doesn't print money, the Treaury does that. What te Fed does is sell and buy bonds. When it sells bonds, it takes in money that can be transferred to the government. When it buys bonds, it accepts government bonds in exchange for cash. So, if you want $100,000 from te Fed, they expect you to trade them for bonds.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

Obama says we are in year 5 of a recovery...I am arguing that this is incorrect.

Besides all of the evidence from the federal government on how things are getting worse for every day Americans during the "recovery" -- the fact that QE has increased during the "recovery" to the highest levels of QE of all time...is more proof that the president is wrong.

Tell me how increasing QE stimulus over the course of 5 years is a sign of economic recovery. It almost seems like you agree with me, because you dodge the arguments and facts and focus on the emotions of supporting or not supporting a president.
Your objective is to produce a gotcha by showing Obama lied. What is true is that the nation is in a recovery. That doesn't mean we're all showering in champagne. It's a slow recovery that still needs help. Also, ditching the crutches too fast will put us back into recession.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:11 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,724,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
And who holds you accountable buu.
What did I actually write that you feel I need to be held accountable for? Specifically.

The magic of you not having anything worthwhile to say in response to what I wrote is attributable to how sound my comments are. If I didn't deem them sound, I wouldn't have posted them.

Quote:
You have posted more than once about your church, how young people are being taught in Sunday School proper thinking with regard to humanity, and yet the level of contempt from you in your messages is astounding.
Actually, moral repudiation. Let's be clear; what you are referring to is me saying: "What you support is wrong." Why are you surprised I'm trying to teach right and wrong?

Quote:
How can you talk about others being held accountable when you do not hold yourself accountable.
Don't blame me for nonsense you made up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Or perhaps I posted something different than you wanted to see posted, despite your desire for me to have placated your desire to project only the messages you like. My comment in response to yours was about what you wrote, how wrong it was, how it reflected negatively on the credibility of your comments overall. That's it. It was about you expressing inappropriate hate for President Obama. Don't think to try to evade responsibility for what you wrote by ignoring what I pointed out.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:15 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,304,530 times
Quote:
It's clear you don't understand how this works. The Fed doesn't print money, the Treaury does that. What te Fed does is sell and buy bonds.
Yes, they get this money by selling trinkets at flea markets.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Your objective is to produce a gotcha by showing Obama lied. What is true is that the nation is in a recovery. That doesn't mean we're all showering in champagne. It's a slow recovery that still needs help. Also, ditching the crutches too fast will put us back into recession.
Obama may not have lied in this instance. He certainly has lied in other instances. However, this could be a case of naivety on Obama's part.

We are not in a recovery. Things have gotten worse over the past 4 years for most Americans per the federal government. The good things that Obama supporters point to like the stock market, declining interest on the national debt, and housing markets are all being artificially manipulated by an increasing QE Economic Stimulus to the tune of $85,000,000,000.00 a month. Unemployment is down from not counting people whose unemployment checks ran out...they are still out.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:

Or perhaps I posted something different than you wanted to see posted, despite your desire for me to have placated your desire to project only the messages you like. My comment in response to yours was about what you wrote, how wrong it was, how it reflected negatively on the credibility of your comments overall. That's it. It was about you expressing inappropriate hate for President Obama. Don't think to try to evade responsibility for what you wrote by ignoring what I pointed out.
So in other words you refuse to answer my question to you and you refuse to address the facts.

I get it, you have a strong emotional attachment to the president, but you should still address facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies