Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 02:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,273,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Jim Crow was once the law as well.

Not all laws are good, especially oppressive and tyrannical laws such as Jim Crow laws and Obamacare.
Jim Crow was never the law of the land.

And Obamacare isn't tyrannical, nor is it oppressive.

If you think it's a bad law, then i'm sure a case can be made. Make it without hyperbole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 05:09 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,140,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
If it was already defunded, why did the GOP vote over 40 times in order to do so?

This isn't in question, it's public record and acknowledged by the GOP.

Either you are dead wrong, are they are the dumbest people on the planet.

Both.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:37 AM

9,327 posts, read 16,692,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
exactly, not to mention wasting our money...they are worse then children...
how do you change your affliliation to no party?
I filled out a form online (NY state) and mailed it to the Voter's Registration Board of the county courthouse. NO PARTY was one of the choices.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:55 AM

28,972 posts, read 30,346,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I filled out a form online (NY state) and mailed it to the Voter's Registration Board of the county courthouse. NO PARTY was one of the choices.
thank you...will look into it immediately, sick and tired of this government
I heard on the Radio this morning, that even though Ted Cruz will run, they will sabotage him, like they did Herman Cain to get him out of the running...they don't want anyone in that will work for the people....very sick of it....

Old 09-23-2013, 06:39 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,346,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Quote:
thank you...will look into it immediately, sick and tired of this government....
I really hope people are becoming more aware of things and moving in this direction.

The truth is there is not a single high-ranking politician (anyone at the national level or with national level aspirations) who is a Democrat or Republican who does, will, or has the intention of, working for We The People.

Everyone of them, Dem and Repub alike, is bought, sold and owned by special interests: private defense contractors, multinational CEOs, heads of global banks and energy concerns and, of course, lobbyists.

THESE are the people who run our government, because they buy our politicians and then tell them what to do. It's gotten to the point that legislation is being drafted BY private corporations which entail the handing out of contracts and such TO specific corporations and contractors.

One party is just as bad as the other, and anyone who can't see this or refuses to acknowledge it is a blind, hypocritical partisan hack imbecile.

No reasonable person should ever vote for a Democrat OR a Republican for any national office ever.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:54 AM

19,023 posts, read 26,000,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Just keep repeating that and nominating candidates that repeat it too and you will have no means to do further harm, as those candidates will lose like Romney lost and this viewpoint will be relegated to the fringe corners.

The idea that the best government is one that coddles the rich with tax-cuts while cutting subsistence programs for the poor, is not only immoral but economically discredited.
Mitt lost because he is nothing more than a gun grabber from Mass... Your fool in the WH is a looser because he is a gun grabbers right out of spending money, which made the news long before this thread came out.

Just let me know when spending your way to prosperity really works.... more so considering what so called money IS these days. I see now why congress got of of the printing fake pretend money. That was called 'United States Note'. My best guess is congress back then FEARED getting caught with their fingers in the cookie jar.

But now of course while i don't 'KNOW IT' I'ld bet there is no gold in Ft Knox too, because 'we' have been had...

The feds didn't have enough MONEY I guess to Spend their way into prosperity, and the people are getting sick of floating them loans.... So is Germany and China. Maybe try asking Putin huh?

Old 09-23-2013, 06:59 AM

28,972 posts, read 30,346,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I really hope people are becoming more aware of things and moving in this direction.

The truth is there is not a single high-ranking politician (anyone at the national level or with national level aspirations) who is a Democrat or Republican who does, will, or has the intention of, working for We The People.

Everyone of them, Dem and Repub alike, is bought, sold and owned by special interests: private defense contractors, multinational CEOs, heads of global banks and energy concerns and, of course, lobbyists.

THESE are the people who run our government, because they buy our politicians and then tell them what to do. It's gotten to the point that legislation is being drafted BY private corporations which entail the handing out of contracts and such TO specific corporations and contractors.

One party is just as bad as the other, and anyone who can't see this or refuses to acknowledge it is a blind, hypocritical partisan hack imbecile.

No reasonable person should ever vote for a Democrat OR a Republican for any national office ever.
You are absolutely correct....I cannot for the life of me, fathom, that other people refuse to see this? It's like they are so blind, and defined by their political party, and when ever someone does run, that would work for the people, you watch, in 2016, they will sabotage the candidate, via media!!! It is pathetic that more american's are unable to walk up....

thank you for your post...very wise and accurate!

Old 09-23-2013, 09:22 AM

19,023 posts, read 26,000,702 times
Quote:
You are absolutely correct....I cannot for the life of me, fathom, that other people refuse to see this? It's like they are so blind, and defined by their political party, and when ever someone does run, that would work for the people, you watch, in 2016, they will sabotage the candidate, via media!!! It is pathetic that more american's are unable to walk up....

thank you for your post...very wise and accurate!
Most other people still think there is something Obama is going to give them for free before he leaves office. they have nothing better to do, do they, then wait?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies