Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 12:26 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL Tranny is short for Transgender or transexual. Most of the ones I met don't like the shortened version because it's usually used in a derogatory manner. Most just want to be thought of as human beings without being labeled, not unlike you or I. I don't like the bandwagoners either. They over state even the most simple of things. The mob mentality is a human failing to be sure. It is used to justify many horrific events.
In your example I think we agree. If you are anti-illegal you are a xenophobe or racist. No sometimes you just believe in law and order. Race is not the qualifier. LOL
Well there we go again somebody getting their feeling hurt by calling em a tranny instead of a "transexual". I mean cmon. If you are "different" folks are gonna look at you that way so you best learn how to deal with it from the jump. Sitting around crying about it isn't going to help IMO. It does get the mob on your side though I guess. Some are in it for just that thing too which is the saddest part because it makes it worse for all the others. Just like the fake race hustlers. When real racism rears it's ugly head many are numb to it now because of all the boy who cried wolf incidents. In reality if the media went away and the "mob" went away 99% of folks would just live happy lives. Sure some would "talk" behind their doors but who cares they do that anyway. Now if you even look at somebody wrong or comment on anything you are deemed some sort of "hater" no matter. It's gotten ridiculous in my opinion........beyond actually.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:39 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,551 times
Poor HC King had to stand there and take pics with the freak.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Do you consider other forms of body modification as "mutations?"

Tattoos? Piercings?

Or is it just those icky, sicky LGBT folk?
A tattoo doesn't do anything near the scope of reversing sex determination.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:44 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well there we go again somebody getting their feeling hurt by calling em a tranny instead of a "transexual". I mean cmon. If you are "different" folks are gonna look at you that way so you best learn how to deal with it from the jump. Sitting around crying about it isn't going to help IMO. It does get the mob on your side though I guess. Some are in it for just that thing too which is the saddest part because it makes it worse for all the others. Just like the fake race hustlers. When real racism rears it's ugly head many are numb to it now because of all the boy who cried wolf incidents. In reality if the media went away and the "mob" went away 99% of folks would just live happy lives. Sure some would "talk" behind their doors but who cares they do that anyway. Now if you even look at somebody wrong or comment on anything you are deemed some sort of "hater" no matter. It's gotten ridiculous in my opinion........beyond actually.
Well when the term is used in a derogatory way it is insulting. They didn't make it a derogatory term, those who hate them did.
If you are different? This gives license for abuse? Ridicule?Harassment? I hope not. They dont sit around crying about it, but it does wear on them a bit. If every minority called you cracker, or redneck when they referred to you after a while it would wear on you too. Why? Because these are derogatory terms and you know they are not using it as a compliment.
The media does inflame and I do blame the media and PC politicians for making race and gender an ongoing issue. At the same time people who intentionally use derogatory labels are just as guilty. If you know it is derogatory and use it any way, you aren't doing it to be neutral or nice.
If your neighbor constantly refers to your sister as your (Lesbo) sister or your Dyke sister you would get annoyed after a while especially if you know that the neighbor knows her name and is using the derogatory term to be disrespectful.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Ah! Another fine example of rightie tolerance. Isn't that special?
I'm not a righty...and I'm very tolerant....pardon your misnomer.

If I wasn't...I'd be in jail.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:47 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Are they modifying your body? If not, then why does it bother you? Their road does not conflict with yours.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:47 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,333,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
If a person feels they belong in the body of the opposite gender, that is their personal feeling and their right.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:49 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,748,380 times
Quote:
If a person feels they belong in the body of the opposite gender, that is their personal feeling and their right.
you are correct. and it is my right to call them what they are. its.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:50 AM

Quote:
And it's my right to feel they are beyond stupid for doing so....at least my "feeling" is logical.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:52 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,050 times
Quote:

Really? Do I win something for this? I mean, I am worse than slavery, gender
and racial discrimination, the influenza epidemic of 1918, the marginalization
and genocide of native peoples and a civil war?

Well, go ME!
We're working on a trophy for you even as we speak. That's quite the accomplishment. Kudos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies