Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 03:18 AM

29,637 posts, read 16,661,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I disagree. Islam contradicts what many liberals believe in, like the equal treatment of women, freedom in general.
That would be said of all religions.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:23 AM

15,582 posts, read 10,592,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Did it happen here in the USA? Pretty sure this kind of thing happens a lot over there. What makes this one so special?
It does happen over there all the time. This one kinda got me though, not sure why. I think it was because they were at a fantastic looking mall shopping with their kids. Nothing like catching a bite to eat or having coffee and doing a little shopping. That's stuff I like to do.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:51 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,639,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If this was done by a white lone shooter, the liberals here would be all over the story, shamelessly trashing any white male, and likely trying to paint them as conservatives, despite the evidence that that the white shooters and bombers in mass attacks that took place in the U.S. during the past few years have had Democratic Party ideologies.

Muslim extremists attack an upscale Nairobi mall in Kenya, take hostages, and kill nearly 3 score in total of people, and the left is deafeningly silent.

Sure - deflect by accusing Harrier of politicizing a tragedy.

You have no back up - when you would do the exact same thing, as illustrated by Harrier in paragraph #1, had the circumstances been different, in specific ways.
You're right. They'd be all over the story like flies on dog doo doo and SCREAMING for government regulations on guns. I get the impression that the left thinks things like this are ok if done by a muslim extremist. We sure don't hear from them when things like this happen. They ignore the elephant in the room quite well.

My prayers go out to the families of the victims.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Did it happen here in the USA? Pretty sure this kind of thing happens a lot over there. What makes this one so special?
That doesn't mean it's something that should be ignored. It's terrible to go out with your kids to a mall and find yourself hiding in fear of your life. People should not have to live this way because some want to impose their religion on everyone. It's one thing to try to convert people but shooting them because they can't name the prophets mother?

Old 09-23-2013, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
That would be said of all religions.
I disagree. While many religions place women beneath men, Islam wins the prize for the depths of it's mistreatment of women when you look at major religions. I think Catholicism comes out on top having promoted education of women for some time. (personal opinion there but I'd love to hear how other religions promote women.)

Old 09-23-2013, 04:20 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,379,281 times
The Left are too afraid of criticizing Muslims and Islam. With politicians like Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama running around sympathizing with Muslims, and promising to deal with "those who blaspheme the 'prophet' of Islam," they have made conservatives (Republicans) the enemy, while allowing America's real enemies to continue their work of "jihad," the goal of which is to transform the entire world into a Calaphate, and destroy Western civilization.

The Muslims are conquerors, just as they were in the past, when the Muslim hordes swept into countries, cities and villiages, slaughtering thousands. They took over the Christian Holy sites, and cities and villages. Some, like Istanbul (formerly Constantinople), and Turkey itself, once Christian, are now Muslim strongholds.

This was the reason for the Crusades, as Christians finally realized they were being wiped out, and took action to drive the Muslim conquerors back.

Same Muslims, different Century.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:42 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,379,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Or DC, or elementary schools.
I think we'd be better off fixing our own broken country than issuing false outrage at other countries and their tragedies.
Don't you?
So, America doesn't have a role to play in promoting peace in the World, the country that was once called, "A shining City on the Hill," and light to the World?

I agree that our country is "broken," but I probably wouldn't agree with you as to what is broken. I think that we need to return to our roots, our founding principles, those ideas that once made this country the envy of the World.

I doubt you would agree.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,833,023 times
Quote:
59 dead in Muslim terrorist attack - liberals are silent.
it's actually all over the news You sound like a troll, trying to build a partisan issue out of an African tragedy.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:22 AM

46,426 posts, read 27,283,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I had not yet heard about it. It is not in the USA, and occurring over a weekend, so your false narrative of selective outrage seem silly.

You did politicize a strategy. Ineptly I might add. Claiming that Democrats give terrorists a free pass is just disgusting.

To be honest, as a parent, I am so shocked and sickened by the news of the last weeks shootings, I am having hard time processing it all. I have said repeatedly that the ME is a hellhole of fundamentalist loonies, and anyone who wants to study the horrible outcomes of fundamentalism, need just look at what it has created there. Unfortunately, Kenya is at the edge of the hellhole.

We both also know that Islamists are politically conservative actors, believing that the dogma of the past is the only acceptable way to run society, that women should know their place, gays should be killed, and that modernity is an elaborate plot out to destroy their cherished family values. They are far closer to Tea Party Republicans than Liberal Democrats in their mindsets.
To the bold part above:

Then we should NEVER hear the left talking about how much better other countries are with strick gun control, vs the United States.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:30 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,862,488 times
Liberal progressives are enablers of Islamic fascists. Do the liberals not realize that for the most part their parents...grand parents and great grand parents and their ancestors going back hundreds of years were Christians....When an Islamic terrorists intentionally kills a Christian or as the liberals say "non-Muslim" -- they will if given the chance kill secular liberal progressives...They look upon all of those descended from Christian ancestors as Christians...whether they are secularized or not....Liberal progressives actually think they would be spared by Muslim terrorists....Not so....all "non-Muslims" are like the Jews in Germany back in 1938....The liberals stay silent as Christians are being slaughtered? I guess they think it's a good thing in their minds...................

After all Christians are evil and will attempt to restrict liberal freedom...so it is best they die?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies