Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 11:56 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,097,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Unfortunately, as the New York Times probe has found, that's not true.
Probe? Where is the "probe?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 11:57 AM

47,017 posts, read 26,075,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Keeping your plan isn't an option for many people because those plans are no longer available.
That would probably be because they don't live up to the minimum standards. There was a thriving industry selling seriously crappy plans. Even the minimum standards are kinda pathetic, to my way of thinking.

Quote:
Hundreds of thousands of people are being kicked off their company's health care plans, and many more are finding out that their plans are no longer available because of Obamacare mandates. That's what's happening to us. We can't keep our plan because it will no longer be available due to Obamacare mandates.
If your plan didn't qualify as even a bronze plan under the ACA, it would most likely have left you bankrupt and the rest of us picking up the bill in case of a major medical emergency.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:00 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,737,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That would probably be because they don't live up to the minimum standards. There was a thriving industry selling seriously crappy plans. Even the minimum standards are kinda pathetic, to my way of thinking.

If your plan didn't qualify as even a bronze plan under the ACA, it would most likely have left you bankrupt and the rest of us picking up the bill in case of a major medical emergency.
My plan isn't crappy, I have great care. My plan has a high deductible. We save money by having a high deductible and a medical savings account. I don't need Obama to save me from my plan. I'm an adult who owns a business and has multiple investment properties. I can certainly read and choose my own health care.

We are very well off, we certainly don't need a government that is 17 trillion dollars in debt telling us how to run our finances. If you need the government to be your daddy, then please feel free to choose one of their plans. I would like to keep the plan we have.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:11 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,455,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If you like your plan, you're not going to go shopping for a new one on the exchanges, are you?

Well, some here just might. It's not as if the City-Data crowd comes across as particularly informed on the ACA...

I like my plan. I'm keeping it. Seems to work as described. Then again, I am at least bright enough to know that if my insurance company changed their policies so that my current physician is no longer in network, it's probably not the President's fault.

Me, too - I like my plan, and I'm going to keep it. As long as the plan complies with the minimum requirements under the Affordable Care Act (and it does) and as long as my previous employer continues to offer health insurance to its retirees (and it will), why change?

On the other hand, my primary care doctor retired at the end of last year. I really didn't expect him to postpone his retirement because President Obama said I could keep my doctor if I liked him.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:23 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,159,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Here, I'll start off with the leftist mantra's:

You're racist...

Look at the source provided....

obama never said that or did not mean it that way.......

obama has evolved since then...

blah blah blah from the left....

You forgot that bush/romney/etc. did it first.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:24 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,462,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Probe? Where is the "probe?"
So you want to play semantics?

Call it whatever you want....investigation, report, etc. The facts they uncovered don't change.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-23-2013, 01:28 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,076,228 times
Joe Wilson was right when he famously said, "You lie." It is not about change. It is the in your face lie, what you going to do about it smuck with a smirk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The only way you are going to bend the cost of health care is through competition and unfortunately you might not be able to keep your doctor. Most states are going to be seeing 5-8 different plans with four levels of health care. Private employers change insurers all the time looking for the best rates. Whats wrong with government doing the same thing? The exchanges will offer more choices than private employers and more than likely if you are willing to pay the freight you will find your doctor on a plan. If you are on Medicare too you can keep your doctor just don't expect the government to pay for it if he wont accept Medicare. The people who will be screaming the loudest about this of course are the people who it doesn't impact.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:31 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,076,228 times
Amazing. Now, we are getting equivocation. What happen to if you like your insurance, you can keep it. If you like your Doctor you can keep her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Nothing's stopping anyone from buying insurance on the open market under Obamacare--if you can afford it, or if your employer provides it, you can still buy whatever you want privately. My insurance isn't going to change at all. I have great health insurance--our company provides it to family and our employees--but I still have to stay in my provider network to get things covered with just a small copay--that's NORMAL. If I go out, I pay 20%. We shop around for health insurance every few years, so the providers may change depending on the company we choose--that's nothing new for most people with insurance through work either. If you go through an exchange to purchase at a lower cost, including getting a tax credit to help cover premium costs, my understanding from the article is that you will not have an unlimited pool of providers to pick from. That sounds pretty reasonable to me, and not unlike what most of us who have private market insurance deal with to begin with. It's a whole heck of a lot better than no insurance at all!

Old 09-23-2013, 01:34 PM

47,017 posts, read 26,075,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
On the other hand, my primary care doctor retired at the end of last year. I really didn't expect him to postpone his retirement because President Obama said I could keep my doctor if I liked him.
A-HA! The President lied!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies