Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 01:05 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,136 times

Advertisements

There's that word again.

Always wanting something for nothing!

Quote:
CHICAGO (CBS) — Senator Mark Kirk ruffled a lot of feathers with his recent plan to round up 18,000 gang members but a group of South Side pastors say they have a way for him to redeem himself: Help pass legislation to give African Americans reparation.

Rev. Anthony Williams of Freedom Community Church in Englewood says it’s something that’s long overdue.

“Jews got their reparations from the Holocaust, Japanese got their reparations from the internment. It is time for us to get our reparations,” said. Rev. Williams.

Rev. Joel Washington says they also want Kirk to fight to keep mental health facilities on the South Side open, make sure federal money gets in the right hands and hold congressional hearings on violence and to do something about the flow of guns.

“We get arms from outside the community. We don’t manufacture arms, we don’t manufacture the weapons,” said Rev. Washington.

The pastors urge Kirk and Congressman Bobby Rush to push for HR 40, a bill that would set up a study on making financial reparations to descendants of American slaves.
Pastors Urge Kirk To Support Slave Reparations Bill « CBS Chicago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 01:19 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times
This pastor talks of things that occurred in recent history and wants to apply that logic to something that occurred over 200 years ago?

And just how will these "African-Americans" prove their ancestors came from Africa?

Maybe the Africans who sold their ancestors into slavery should be the ones the pastor should be going after for reparations... ya think

Geez, I want the Huns who took slaves of my Italian ancestors to pay me reparations...

Old 09-24-2013, 01:31 AM

One of their 'unspoken' and historically buried problems is .. Sorting out the Black Slave Owners from the actual slaves!

The Black Slave Owners who incidentally owned 'White' as well as Black slaves!

Last edited by MrClose; 09-24-2013 at 01:47 AM..

Old 09-24-2013, 02:03 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,097 times
Hell, my father was the illegitimate son of a rich white man and his light skinned colored housekeeper. That makes him a Quadroon, me and Octoroon, and my children 16tharoones. Can wait to see my blond haired blue eyed children at the front of the line, hands out for that reparations money

Old 09-24-2013, 02:26 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,366 times
And by "nothing", we mean " centuries of exploitation, discrimination, and disinvestment".

Old 09-24-2013, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
And by "nothing", we mean " centuries of exploitation, discrimination, and disinvestment".
Name them!
(Let's all assume that you aren't one of them)
And my second response to this post still holds!

(Noticed that you skipped over that part)

Old 09-24-2013, 03:07 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Nobody is going to take this seriously. It's grandstanding. No reparations for anyone.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:10 AM

You'll also notice that the payout isn't for "centuries of exploitation, discrimination, and disinvestment"?

NO-O-O .. It's for the threat of rounding up 'Thousands' of Gang Members and .. of course .. S-l-a-v-e-r-y!

Old 09-24-2013, 06:56 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,368,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
You'll also notice that the payout isn't for "centuries of exploitation, discrimination, and disinvestment"?

NO-O-O .. It's for the threat of rounding up 'Thousands' of Gang Members and .. of course .. S-l-a-v-e-r-y!
The gvt should give it too them and buy the 18,000 gang members belts to hold up their f****** pants and will call it even.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:24 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Hell, my father was the illegitimate son of a rich white man and his light skinned colored housekeeper. That makes him a Quadroon, me and Octoroon, and my children 16tharoones. Can wait to see my blond haired blue eyed children at the front of the line, hands out for that reparations money
Agreed.

In 2013 many quadroons and all the later generations would be "white" here in the US.

IMH0 affirmative action counts as reparations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies