Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 10:32 AM

45,256 posts, read 26,506,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Do you support terrorists killing civilians including women and children?
No and we have laws against murder here.
Do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 10:36 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,547,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So now we blame GWB for Obama's foreign policy? Is that where you're going with this? That GWB used drones occasionally, so Obama is free and clear from the liberal standpoint?
Who said anything about "blame"? GWB was absolutely correct to commit to war against Al Qaida. And yes, it meant that women and children would, at some point, be killed. That's how wars work. If the Taliban didn't want that to happen, they should have joined us in fighting Bin Laden.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:37 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,843,854 times
There are old hippie liberals here in Atlanta that protest every day about drones, even when it is not in the news. It is a constant topic on "liberal media."

Like I stated in another thread - you must not listen to true liberal media. CNN, MSNBC, Fox, and other major networks are not as liberal as you think.

In liberal media they are ALWAYS complaining about Obama, especially his use of drones and the NSA spying. If you listened to true liberal media, you would probably realize you are more liberal than you think.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:39 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,588,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No and we have laws against murder here.
So our laws would keep terrorists from murdering people over here? Have you been living in a box?

Old 09-24-2013, 10:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,154,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Who said anything about "blame"? GWB was absolutely correct to commit to war against Al Qaida. And yes, it meant that women and children would, at some point, be killed. That's how wars work. If the Taliban didn't want that to happen, they should have joined us in fighting Bin Laden.
But yet you can't ascribe that same mentality to Syria? Why not? AQ is in Syria as well, but weren't liberals decrying that particular "war?" Didn't liberals force this President to narrow the scope and scale of the proposed attacks down to something no more than a pinpointed strike? Couldn't AQ have been defeated in Syria as well as the Bashar regime? Why all of a sudden the disinterest in AQ?

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:40 AM

45,256 posts, read 26,506,671 times
Quote:
So our laws would keep terrorists from murdering people over here? Have you been living in a box?
Huh? lol
Are you suggesting killing their women and children is keeping ours safer?

Old 09-24-2013, 10:43 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,154,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
There are old hippie liberals here in Atlanta that protest every day about drones, even when it is not in the news. It is a constant topic on "liberal media."

Like I stated in another thread - you must not listen to true liberal media. CNN, MSNBC, Fox, and other major networks are not as liberal as you think.

In liberal media they are ALWAYS complaining about Obama, especially his use of drones and the NSA spying. If you listened to true liberal media, you would probably realize you are more liberal than you think.
Oh I listen to liberal media FAR more than I listen to conservative media. I've not listened to no more than 15-20 minutes of Limbaugh or other conservative talk radio hosts in my ENTIRE LIFE. However, I have tuned into a number of talk radio and TV stations that push liberal viewpoints. Why? Because I already know what conservatives think. I want to know what the enemy (yes, enemy) liberals are saying.

So, throw your faulty assumptions in the trash, where they belong.

Oh, and by the way, drones hardly ever come up. For the amount of liberal media that I read and listen to, I would have heard those discussions, and they're nearly non-existent.

Perhaps this will jog your memory:

Obama's Drone Program Escapes Liberal Scrutiny in Campaign - NationalJournal.com

Obama Drone Memo Yields Disturbing Media Complicity and Liberal Hypocrisy

http://www.policymic.com/articles/25...eral-hypocrisy

Old 09-24-2013, 10:46 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,588,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Huh? lol
Are you suggesting killing their women and children is keeping ours safer?
No but sounds like you are suggesting we let them be to kill women and children over there.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:58 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,484,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So, do you support Obama's drone wars, or not? Do you support a military strike on Syria, or not? Don't skirt the question. Answer it without the hyperbole. If you can, that is.
I support targeted strikes on those KNOWN to be involved with plotting attacks on the US, whether by drone or manned aircraft, there's really no difference. I don't support meaningless involvement in an other country's civil war having little/no upside for the US.

US foreign policy has been a clusterf**k for more than 50 years. Now, just WHAT is it you're whining about other than just posting another baseless "I hate Obama" whine?

Old 09-24-2013, 11:00 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,484,569 times
Quote:
No but sounds like you are suggesting we let them be to kill women and children over there.
We let 'them' be to kill women and children in places like N Korea and various African countries, what makes Syria any different?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies