Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 08:02 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times

Advertisements

Rand makes excellent points in calling out obama, chief justice roberts, fellow congress crooks and assorted fedguv leaches
Rand Paul: If He Loves It So Much, Why Doesn't The President Take Obamacare? | RealClearPolitics
Quote:
Why doesn't the president voluntarily take Obamacare? I mean, it's his baby. He loves it so much, why doesn't the president take it? He could voluntarily go on the exchanges. In fact, I’m sure they'd welcome him at the D.C. exchanges. I really think that ought to be a question they ought to ask him at the press briefing today. Mr. President, are you willing to take Obamacare? If you don't want it, why are we stuck with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 08:04 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,863,789 times
Because our dilettante president is a "Do as I say, not as I do" kind of guy.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:06 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,738,449 times
Obamacare is a political term, not a thing. As such, one can't take it. As for the insurance being offered in the exchanges, there's nothing wrong it with. I mean by for the Affordable Care Act or be against it, but suggesting that someone with healthcare insurance should get more just to prove a political point is silly. That's akin to saying that anyone who likes a farm subsidy bill should go work on a farm, etc.

Also, how about coming up with your own opinions on something instead of posting those of others.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:10 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Another analogy is if you a support a minimum wage then you should have your salary cut to a minimum wage.

The ACA doesn't prevent people obtaining insurance outside of exchanges.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:13 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Do you guys realize that everyone who has medical insurance HAS Obamacare?
It is nothing more than insurance policies that will all have minimum standards of coverage.
I have Humana, same policy for for years, and I have Obamacare.
Someone with Bluecross insurance has Obamacare.
Someone with Aetna has Obamacare.

So the President does, in fact, have Obamacare as long as his policy covers the minimum standards of coverage set forth in the law.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:16 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,719,269 times
I guess if the President wants to cut the budget he should also fly coach class and limit vacation days to 5 days a year and 6 holidays.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:21 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Can the OP explain how someone "Takes Obamacare?"

If Rand Paul is asking that question, I believe he is even more clueless about what's going on around him than his father.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:24 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Rand makes excellent points in calling out obama, chief justice roberts, fellow congress crooks and assorted fedguv leaches
Rand Paul: If He Loves It So Much, Why Doesn't The President Take Obamacare? | RealClearPolitics
Did the Senator really say "If he loves it so much...?"

How old is he?

Welcome to Rand Paul's Playhouse, folks.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:29 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Wow... a lot of liberal idiocy this morning... The ACA's nickname IS Obamacare, you don't have to be even smart to know that... to join the Obamacare exchanges is MUCH different than the private insurance market... you think the liberals brains weren't working today (if ever)...

Old 09-26-2013, 08:32 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Can the OP explain how someone "Takes Obamacare?"

If Rand Paul is asking that question, I believe he is even more clueless about what's going on around him than his father.
He is not clueless. This is just one more in the never ending string of disinformation sound bites from the right. Fortunately, it's about to end. In less than a week, people will see that Obamacare mandates will have no impact on the vast, vast majority of Americans who get insurance through work plans and is a godsend to those who do not have insurance now for various reasons. Obamacare is going to be a smashing hit with the American public once it finally begins and the right wing lies are exposed to reality. A couple years from now Obamacare will be more popular than Social Security as it impacts a whole lot more people in a favorable way. Tightie-Rightie knows that it is now or never to stop it. Well, it is never because they lost the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies