Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 06:08 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Really? I wish they would do something about the greens in NH who have no idea How To pee and chit in the woods. I am considering a photo blog on this, and may include people in the act. That wouldn't be very hard for a hunter like me to do with a camera. i wonder what the fine might be and or if there is even any law? There must be something better than indecent exposure.

I'm interested in your opinion on the correct pee/chit criteria. No photos necessary. Perhaps in my many years of hiking/camping/prospecting in the Arizona desert and mountains I have been doing it wrong. I'm always willing to learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 06:16 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I'm interested in your opinion on the correct pee/chit criteria. No photos necessary. Perhaps in my many years of hiking/camping/prospecting in the Arizona desert and mountains I have been doing it wrong. I'm always willing to learn.
Well in your case it's difficult to say, since you don't appear to have any idea what a lotto number is. You also don't have the water like we do in NH, so i don't care what you do in Az, since nothing you can do can pollute ground water, since you don't really have any. Simply put i don't believe you are what and who you say you are. I don't think you want to learn anything from me. I would bank on my woodland skills far more than I would on yours.

Do let me know when you could live in comfort as paleo man as you please. Of course less any law. if the question happened to be real there us a book and you could google it How To Chit in the Woods. And that oak canyon up towards Williams isn't a real woods.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:09 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
Quote:
Well in your case it's difficult to say, since you don't appear to have any idea what a lotto number is. You also don't have the water like we do in NH, so i don't care what you do in Az, since nothing you can do can pollute ground water, since you don't really have any. Simply put i don't believe you are what and who you say you are. I don't think you want to learn anything from me. I would bank on my woodland skills far more than I would on yours.

Do let me know when you could live in comfort as paleo man as you please. Of course less any law. if the question happened to be real there us a book and you could google it How To Chit in the Woods. And that oak canyon up towards Williams isn't a real woods.
I really don't remember what my number was since I enlisted voluntarily in June of 1970. I'd be more than happy to provide details of my 3 years in the Corps which included Vietnam. What branch were you in? Maybe we can exchange war stories.
You don't seem to know much about Arizona but I will admit, pee and chit is your area of expertise.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:

hey now we have ground water here in AZ, well some anyway, usually after it rains. and then there is the hoover dam, the grand canyon, a few lakes and streams here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
By now, I assume most everyone on this forum has heard of the local white supremacist in Leith, North Dakota who has big plans to turn the hamlet into an "Aryan" enclave. That led me to wonder - would it be legal for such a community to exist? There are a history of towns in the United States founded by people with like-minded ideas, usually members of Christian sects (the Oneida Community in New York, New Harmony, Indiana, etc.). There are some ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities near New York City. What about an all-gay town, or an all-atheist town?
as long as you follow state laws in creating a township, just about anything is legal. if you want a whites only community, then thats what you set up. if you want a blacks only community same thing.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:24 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
hey now we have ground water here in AZ, well some anyway, usually after it rains. and then there is the hoover dam, the grand canyon, a few lakes and streams here and there.

as long as you follow state laws in creating a township, just about anything is legal. if you want a whites only community, then thats what you set up. if you want a blacks only community same thing.
Actually, such communities are illegal. Sure, the landlords can deny you the purchase of their property to keep you out, but all it takes is for some activist to roll into town, "buy" a house, and sue the landlord in court for a violation of the Fair Housing Act.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:36 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Actually, such communities are illegal. Sure, the landlords can deny you the purchase of their property to keep you out, but all it takes is for some activist to roll into town, "buy" a house, and sue the landlord in court for a violation of the Fair Housing Act.
uhm, if someone buys a house, they are the landlord. if the RENT a house, then they HAVE a landlord. and the fair housing act only applies to those who rent more than 5 units. under that and you can discriminate against anyone you want without legal repercussion. a friend of mine has houses that he rents, and he has researched this thoroughly. as for someone not wanting to sell their property to someone, thats their business. if i decide that i dont want to sell something to you, despite the fact that i have it listed for sale, i dont have to sell to you. i can say i changed my mind, i am not selling what ever it is that i listed. and there is not thing one you can do about it.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:45 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
It would be illegal because you cannot refuse to rent or sell land to a person based on race.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:55 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
That link

Quiet Muslim-Only Town in N.Y. Founded by Alleged Terrorist | Fox News Once you go there search google for that town again...... lots of hits and lots of info.
It's my understanding that it was private property in an unincorporated area.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
By now, I assume most everyone on this forum has heard of the local white supremacist in Leith, North Dakota who has big plans to turn the hamlet into an "Aryan" enclave. That led me to wonder - would it be legal for such a community to exist? There are a history of towns in the United States founded by people with like-minded ideas, usually members of Christian sects (the Oneida Community in New York, New Harmony, Indiana, etc.). There are some ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities near New York City. What about an all-gay town, or an all-atheist town?
This is a town of 16 people in North Dakota.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
FSBOS are free to discriminate. List the property for sale and fair housing becomes a serious issue and could cost the broker his license and a whole lot more. Most folk are pleased to sell to the person who offers the most money.

Renting is a different ball of wax. Lease single family home and you can choose to not rent to whomever, for any reasons. Multi family dwellings, not so much. Most landlords are pleased to rent to the person who is willing to pay the most rent.

In this ND town of 16 people, I cannot imagine there's a lot of demand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies