Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 05:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,696,085 times

Advertisements

Face it, it is just another tax, to add revenue to the government slush fund. It has nothing to do with Healthcare. If it was about healthcare, they would have fully nationalized it.

So they can spend other peoples money on themselves and their buddies inside contracts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 06:03 AM

1,922 posts, read 1,747,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Who said Obamacare would equal no more rich or poor people?

The last 6 years has been about using class warfare to push an agenda. As KUchief25 mentioned, those people in government calling the shots don't really care about rich or poor, but Democrats have been trying to convince the masses that their problems are a result of someone else's success.

There will be something else now that the people will want for free, which really means getting someone else to pay for it.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:14 AM

30,087 posts, read 18,701,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Only rich people should have health coverage. The poor and those with pre-existing conditions? To hell with them.

Signed,

Republicans

????

"The rich" already pay for medicare, medicaid, social security, and the uninsured. The "payroll tax" that everyone pays does not nearly cover the costs of these entitlement programs.

What percentage of income, as paid in taxes, do YOU THINK is "fair"?

20%?
40%?
50%?
70%?
90%?
100%?

I personally think anything over 50% (which is less than what I pay now with federal, state, medicare, social security, and property taxes), is simply robbery.

No one should be compelled to contribute over 50% of thier income to taxes. One, at that point, is working more for the government than yourself.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,696,085 times
Why do you think it is called wealth redistribution.
Income tax was all about wealth redistribution.
Medicare is all about wealth redistribution.
Social Security is all about wealth redistribution.

Some does good, but a lot is pocketed to redistribute it to themselves and their freinds.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:30 AM

12,965 posts, read 13,697,097 times
I can't believe there is a contingent in Washington who are willing to go down to the wire and risk losing to the president again over ACA. They fought losing battles in two elections, the passage of the bill, the Supreme Court decision, multiple votes, now the debt ceiling. They should have shifted gears after the Supreme court decision. I think sending so many people into the market place in October will have a positive affect on second quarter numbers which are normally low. They will lose again.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:32 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,216,423 times
When ObamaCare is fully implemented.....

We will all be in FEMA camps.

Say goodbye to freedom

Old 09-27-2013, 06:47 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,961,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
and the rich are still rich and the poor are still poor, what are you going to do next to make things "fair"?

What will the next promise be that will get you to vote for a candidate?
Funny I never saw anything in the Obamacare Bill that stated it would make the rich less rich or the poor less poor, seems like someone is confusing their issues.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
When ObamaCare is fully implemented.....

We will all be in FEMA camps.

Say goodbye to freedom
ROTFLMAO! Best joke of the week

Old 09-27-2013, 06:51 AM

981 posts, read 901,738 times
I wont even go down the road of the why the bill itself wont work. The hypocrisy of the administration granting exemptions to political friends and extra pay for themselves is beyond infuriating. What is good for us should be good for them. We are either all in or we arent. How can this even be constitutionally legal as it seems like all these reforms are only targeted to a certain group - the non unionized private sector.

Between tax increases and increased health expenses (because I got to keep my great healthcare plan!) our family will be paying close to $20000 more this year, half our mortgage. And before someone says Im rich, with the number of hours I have to work in my corp job these days to keep it, Im making about $25 hour after taxes. Yes Im rich!! Oh yeah and my flood insurance just went up to about $7000 with the FEMA flood maps. What is next? Does anybody in Washington add up all these tings together to understand the net financial impact? Of course not, both parties are in the business of politics. Concerned with only getting more votes to keep them employed or collecting $$$$ to keep the machine running. They arent in the business of representing the American people.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why do you think it is called wealth redistribution.
Income tax was all about wealth redistribution.
Medicare is all about wealth redistribution.
Social Security is all about wealth redistribution.

Some does good, but a lot is pocketed to redistribute it to themselves and their freinds.
Hmmm,
Taxes are revenue for the government to run the Nation and provide the services it provides.
Medicare is paid into by those on it.
SS is paid into by those on it.
Seems as if someone is confused by what wealth redistribution means. Here is a suggestion, don't like paying into the system go find some place that doesn't do this, psssst, almost every affluent contry does so at even higher rates so you may have to settle for someplace a little less. Have fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies