Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2014, 02:07 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
But, when you take the exact same problems and simply move it to another school all you've done is move the problem.
It's not the same problem moving elsewhere. It's the parents and students who give a damn moving to schools that will actually offer them an appropriate education. Yes, the rest will remain in the underperforming public school, and they may even need to be consolidated into fewer schools as the underperforming schools close, but they will no longer be able to drag everyone else down with them.

Think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 02:13 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times
How are school vouchers a bad thing?

This is a dumb question.... School vouchers are a bad thing because they infringe on the governments right to forcibly indoctrinate your children with their government propaganda.

Hell if you were allowed to access your own tax money to educate your children, you might send them to a school where they would actually get a real education like the financially elite do.

Our entire American system relies on governmental control of the idiot masses. It is predicated on the years of forcible indoctrination of skewed history and civics and the years of training to think illogically and to accept logical fallacy as truth.

Corporate America could not make the gillions and gillions in profits it does without the public schools conditioning its students year after year to do mind numbing repetitive tasks without question in order to train them for the slave wage jobs that await them.

They would not be able to exploit the ignorant masses by training them to worship the religion of materialism and to live their lives in debt believing that eternal happiness is only one more home refinance away.

Why school vouchers are very likely the most dangerous threat to the American way of life there is.

Private schools might just begin to teach people the truth and then where would we be?

My God! People might even begin to understand the Constitution, and that it is actually them and not the government who are in power. Can you imaging the chaos if the people were actually vested with self determination? If they actually reaped the fruits of their labor? If they began to realize that the government is just a tool of the wealthy to repress the working class? The whole idea of vouchers is insane!

It could ruin everything the elite have worked so hard to implement for the past 200 years.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:47 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
How are school vouchers a bad thing?

This is a dumb question.... School vouchers are a bad thing because they infringe on the governments right to forcibly indoctrinate your children with their government propaganda.

Hell if you were allowed to access your own tax money to educate your children, you might send them to a school where they would actually get a real education like the financially elite do.

Our entire American system relies on governmental control of the idiot masses. It is predicated on the years of forcible indoctrination of skewed history and civics and the years of training to think illogically and to accept logical fallacy as truth.

Corporate America could not make the gillions and gillions in profits it does without the public schools conditioning its students year after year to do mind numbing repetitive tasks without question in order to train them for the slave wage jobs that await them.

They would not be able to exploit the ignorant masses by training them to worship the religion of materialism and to live their lives in debt believing that eternal happiness is only one more home refinance away.

Why school vouchers are very likely the most dangerous threat to the American way of life there is.

Private schools might just begin to teach people the truth and then where would we be?

My God! People might even begin to understand the Constitution, and that it is actually them and not the government who are in power. Can you imaging the chaos if the people were actually vested with self determination? If they actually reaped the fruits of their labor? If they began to realize that the government is just a tool of the wealthy to repress the working class? The whole idea of vouchers is insane!

It could ruin everything the elite have worked so hard to implement for the past 200 years.
Well since 1913, but other then that, nail has been hit on the head..

Old 04-13-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Well since 1913, but other then that, nail has been hit on the head..
It has been longer than that, if you read the writings of Jefferson and Madison, they were confronting the elite trying to make this country feudal before the ink was dry on the Constitution.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
It has been longer than that, if you read the writings of Jefferson and Madison, they were confronting the elite trying to make this country feudal before the ink was dry on the Constitution.
True...only they will never succeed in their efforts..

Old 04-13-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
True...only they will never succeed in their efforts..
For the most part, they already have. If you do not think we live in a feudal system now, you need to look closer at the slave state in which 99% of the people exist.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
For the most part, they already have. If you do not think we live in a feudal system now, you need to look closer at the slave state in which 99% of the people exist.
When we give up, they win, until hell freezes over I will never give up on the cause of liberty..

Old 04-13-2014, 08:16 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's not the same problem moving elsewhere. It's the parents and students who give a damn moving to schools that will actually offer them an appropriate education. Yes, the rest will remain in the underperforming public school, and they may even need to be consolidated into fewer schools as the underperforming schools close, but they will no longer be able to drag everyone else down with them.

Think about it.
Oh I'm with you on that. I'm just bummed that those that you speak about can't use the schools in their hood. You can struggle and fight all you want to get into a better neighborhood and others who don't have that drive can simply send their kids to the school down my street 100% paid for by you and I.

Bottom line is I have to play the game too. To and from every day when my local schools used to be very nice. The difference is it comes out of my pocket to do this.My neighborhood is nice, my local schools suck and no local kids go to these schools because of it.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Oh I'm with you on that. I'm just bummed that those that you speak about can't use the schools in their hood. You can struggle and fight all you want to get into a better neighborhood and others who don't have that drive can simply send their kids to the school down my street 100% paid for by you and I.

Bottom line is I have to play the game too. To and from every day when my local schools used to be very nice. The difference is it comes out of my pocket to do this.My neighborhood is nice, my local schools suck and no local kids go to these schools because of it.
The let the market in this field, let creativity and innovation run wild, let private schools funded via vouchers in the American Education System..

Old 04-13-2014, 09:29 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
The only thing I can see potentially wrong with school vouchers is that they might have government strings attached. If, let's say, you get a public school voucher and send your child to a private religious school the government might try to dictate what the school can and cannot teach. Your anti-religious people might say "Well, they are getting government funds, therefore the government CAN dictate what is taught". Well don't religious people have to pay taxes to government schools in the towns/cities/counties where they reside? How much of a voice do they get as to their own wishes as to what is taught at government schools? Touché' The vouchers should be for the amount the taxpayers would pay for the student to go to the government school. If the student attends the government school then the voucher is handed over to the city/town/county. If the child attends a private school then the voucher is handed over to the private school. If the school is more expensive than the government school, the parents must make up the difference. If it is less expensive then the excess is returned to the town/city/county. If the parents home school then they get a percentage of the voucher for school supplies/text books etc. You are right, our NEA and public school teachers do only like choice when it concerns the right to an abortion. They have a monopoly and strong union and voice and it's about time someone challenges their authority.

It is your choice where to send your kids to school. If you want to send them to private then it's up to you to pay for it. And what do you mean by if it's less expensive.....do you have any idea how much private schools cost. Some cost up to 30,000 maybe more in some areas. Unions have nothing to do with where your kids go to school or what they are taught. They don't even have anything to do with the cost. They represent teachers and nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies