Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 12:07 PM

23 posts, read 26,773 times

Advertisements

So do you liberal fools still belive that Islam is a peacful religon after the Kenyan slaughter? The Islam followers stabbed children, Castrated men, hung women and cut bodies up. Gouged out eyes and did every kind of disgusting thing all in the name of Islam. Yet many will try as they may to pawn it off as just a small group, or some other silly nonsense. No this is Islam. This is what your tolerant idiotic pushes gets you. You can't make friends and just get along with a pit viper. You can only cut its head off.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:09 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,458,327 times
So what should we do about the Muslims currently living our midst?

Old 09-28-2013, 12:13 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,540,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlelock View Post
So do you liberal fools still belive that Islam is a peacful religon after the Kenyan slaughter? The Islam followers stabbed children, Castrated men, hung women and cut bodies up. Gouged out eyes and did every kind of disgusting thing all in the name of Islam. Yet many will try as they may to pawn it off as just a small group, or some other silly nonsense. No this is Islam. This is what your tolerant idiotic pushes gets you. You can't make friends and just get along with a pit viper. You can only cut its head off.
So are you saying everyone who follows Islam are murderers?

Old 09-28-2013, 12:17 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,928 times
If Muslims extremists speak for all Muslims, then the Westboro Baptist Church speaks for all Christians.

Right? RIGHT?

Stop painting people of a different faith with the same brush. Do Christian killers represent all Christians? They don't represent me. Do they represent you?

I am so sick of the hatred toward Muslims. The ones I know are wonderful people. Millions of Muslims didn't kill anyone today nor they plan to.

I am going to make another comparison since people who express hatred toward Muslims more often than not are also Conservatives and gun owners. We all hate to be told we are responsible for the gun violence today because of our beliefs that we as American have the right to keep and bear arms. We are told that we are murderers for supporting such a barbaric and outdated right. "You own this you gun nuts!" is an expression I have around here more than once. It happened after Sandy Hook, the movie theater shooting in Denver.
Now I ask you: is it fair that guns owners like me are painted with the same brush as some lunatic that decided to walk into an establishment to kill people? You really think it is right to compare the crazies to law abiding gun owners like me? (or maybe you?)

So look in the mirror before you judge.

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 09-28-2013 at 12:29 PM..

Old 09-28-2013, 12:20 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,916,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlelock View Post
That is like saying christianity is barbaric and christians are murderers because the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda committed widespread human rights violations, including murder, abduction, mutilation and child-sex slavery.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:21 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,756,994 times
I would not say that, no. But I think the issue is really when religion gets mixed up with fundamentalism and tribalism. I was a bit dismayed many years ago, when I traveled to Sri Lanka. I found out that Hindus and Buddhists, two quite peaceful religions, were killing each other too. Intolerance and hate are the issues, and no religion monopolizes those qualities. Plenty of Christians are hateful too:

Anders Behring Breivik - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-28-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
If Muslims extremists speak for all Muslims, then the Westboro Baptist Church speaks for all Christians.
Good point

Old 09-28-2013, 12:23 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,459,683 times
I have, and have had, Muslim neighbors, Muslim bosses, Muslim work mates, and I frequent establishments owned by Muslims. None have tried to kill or convert me. The only religious harassment I get is from Christians.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I have, and have had, Muslim neighbors, Muslim bosses, Muslim work mates, and I frequent establishments owned by Muslims. None have tried to kill or convert me. The only religious harassment I get is from Christians.
At least in this forum, christians display a remarkable propensity for intolerance and hatred towards others.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:26 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,158,957 times
Time to read some history books. Humans of all religions and no religion, including Christianity, have done the same sorts of things. I just saw on TV a program about the Belgian Christians in the Congo.

The solution to the problem of man's inhumanity to man is not to hack away and murder any perceived enemy, but rather to work steadily and compassionately at worldwide education and the gradual alleviation of poverty.

I once mentioned some despair about the human condition to a friend, but he pointed out that matters were considerably worse during caveman days, and in some ways even worse when civilization began. Despite what we see on TV, the situation with violence and cruelty is actually better than it was even a century or two ago - we're gradually improving. And this has happened over a period of six or seven thousand years since civilization began, hardly a blip in the time (250,000 yr) the human race has been here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies