Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 04:29 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,338,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What we need is a bill to cut off the salaries of the legislative and executive branches of government.
I agree, I bet if their checks would stop things would get done.....well except for those who are already wealthy anyway which is the majority of those crooks

Old 09-30-2013, 04:30 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,524,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's a made up crisis for political grandstanding.
so you support the GOP, but you're complaining about grandstanding?

Old 09-30-2013, 04:32 PM

38,043 posts, read 22,214,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Pentagon outlines how shutdown would impact operations – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

"All military personnel will continue in a normal duty status regardless of their affiliation" under a shutdown scenario, Deputy Defense Secretary Ashton Carter wrote in a memo to military commanders and other senior defense officials.
But continued service could present complications for the troops themselves, Carter added.

"Military personnel will not be paid until such time as Congress makes appropriated funds available to compensate them for this period of service," he wrote.

This would include troops currently fighting in Afghanistan.
The Republicans already sent a bill over to Harry Reid this Sunday to fund the military. If Reid did not pass it, then it's Reid who seems to be playing politics by holding up military pay

Old 09-30-2013, 04:33 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,338,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Blame game belongs to democrats when all the time this whole thing is the fault of the democrats. Only ignorant people that do not know what is going on would bame Republicans. I just e-mailed my senators and told them to straighten-up and vote for the next bill the House sends them. Hope other Republicans do too and any democrat that hopes to get re-elected in this state.

That is questionable since the republicans have alread wasted alot time voting 33 times to kill a law that was backed up by the SC. At that point what they should have been doing is ways to make it better instead of killing it altogether in order to make the president look bad.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,589,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
so you support the GOP, but you're complaining about grandstanding?
Where did I say I support the GOP ?
Has either side balanced the budget ?
No..what we have is continued spending and raising the debt ceiling.

You're all crying about the troops not getting paid 2+ weeks from now.
There's a passed House bill sitting in the Senate waiting for their vote to continue paying the military regardless of the shutdown. Reid has until 10/7 to pass it.

But no one seems to care about DC municipal services which will cease at midnight tonight.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:35 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,326,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Exactly.

And if it were true, the liberals would finally have something to cheer about. They loathe the military.
Wait, what?
The liberals (usually known for being anti-war) loathe the military? Liberals usually have no interest in sending our armed forces to kill or be killed. It's the war lovers who hate the military, at least the soldiers.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Pass the CR, troops get paid. GOP holding them hostage for political reasons is despicable.
The dems and repubs are fighting over 0bamacare, nothing else. So why not just fund the government, and take the 0bamaCare fight over into another room? Answer, the dems want to hold everything else up, and make everyone suffer.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's like a hostage taker killing the hostage and then blaming it on the people who didn't pay him the million dollar ransom.
So now the Republicans are murderers, kidnappers, terrorists, suicide bombers, arsonists, rapists, anarchists, are there any more more wild, lunatic phrases left out there for the pathetic Democrats to use? Are they done yet? Because even the president has compared the Republicans to kidnappers, extortionists and suicide bombers. Pathetic, simply pathetic.

Whatever happened to the 0bama who said "only a more civil and honest public discourse can help us face up to the challenges of our nation." Well, the one we have today is using the most uncivil language imaginable. This man forgets what the meaning and the words he reads on the teleprompter as soon as those words leave his lips.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:02 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,420,633 times
Well there is an apache pilot, his wife, and 2 year old daughter who won't get paid right away. IOUs. Another family on my street is a contractor for drones. He'll be furloughed. Two other regular army folks on my street who won't get paid, with children. Now, no way in hell will I let them go hungry, but I can't feed everyone indefinitely.

I think a shutdown is fine, if its for the overall budget. Lots of pain to go around

Old 09-30-2013, 05:27 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So now the Republicans are murderers, kidnappers, terrorists, suicide bombers, arsonists, rapists, anarchists, are there any more more wild, lunatic phrases left out there for the pathetic Democrats to use?
Need a cleanex? Quit waving the victim card. No one called them any of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies