Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 06:24 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times

Advertisements

This is exactly why high capacity magazines come in handy sometimes.

I may not have gotten away completely unharmed but there would have been quite a few squids not going home from that little ride if they had attacked my family like that in our vehicle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 06:26 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
This is exactly why high capacity magazines come in handy sometimes.

I may not have gotten away completely unharmed but there would have been quite a few squids not going home from that little ride if they had attacked my family like that in our vehicle.
Too bad it's illegal to defend yourself in NY.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:31 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Too bad it's illegal to defend yourself in NY.
At some point people have to weigh the consequences of breaking an unconstitutional law in order to protect themselves. I would personally never live somewhere that limited a person's ability to survive an attack like the one seen in this video.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
I used ride bike when I was a younger man. I loved the feeling of cracking that throttle wide open. There is no feeling like it except for maybe skydiving. I loved that too. I stopped both after the accidents nearly took my life.
A few years ago I was driving home from JFK airport. Out of no where came literally hundreds of bikes. I was doing 75 mph in the hammer lane passing some slower drivers. The bikes passed between myself and the car I was passing. I was passed on the left which was the inside shoulder. They cut in front of me forcing me to hit the brakes to avoid hitting them. Yeah I was a bit upset. I slowed down and moved to the outside lane and let them pass. I still had idiots passing me on the right using the shoulder of the road.
The only bright side was that some of the passengers were really attractive women wearing as little as possible. On that day I wondered where the state police, highway patrol etc were.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:32 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Lots of ITGs around in this thread...

Old 09-30-2013, 06:33 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Motorcycles should be illegal.
Seriously?

Old 09-30-2013, 06:40 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,579,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Seriously?
From what I have seen and read the SUV driver ran over one of the bikers and the fled the scene, that's why they attacked the SUV, the SUV Fled the scene of an accident , assault with a deadly weapon. That's when things got out of control . The old attage , 2 wrong's never make a right.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:43 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
From what I have seen and read the SUV driver ran over one of the bikers and the fled the scene, that's why they attacked the SUV, the SUV Fled the scene of an accident , assault with a deadly weapon. That's when things got out of control . The old attage , 2 wrong's never make a right.
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the riders had antagonized the driver without provocation. I"m a motorcyclist myself, but I realize that some other riders are immature d-bags suffering from terminal testosterone poisoning.

It's primarily the rider's responsibility to avoid getting into situations where he/she can get injured, but as you say, attempting to hit a biker with a car is indeed assault with a deadly weapon no matter "who started it."

Old 09-30-2013, 06:46 PM

414 posts, read 537,823 times
the most amazing thing is that it was going on forever and no cops were there to put an end to this
o well, nypd...

Old 09-30-2013, 06:46 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The problem is, that you never know just who you're dealing with. Had he did some fancy maneuvering and gotten a few of the bikers to do a well deserved asphalt face plant and road rash roll, then what?
Then aggravated assault, out in 5 with good behavior, felony record.

Quote:
Or maybe one of the losers has a LTC and decides to shoot at you and then hits your wife or child. Actually never knowing whether or not somebody has a gun might make you think about whether to act like a proto human or not, especially criminals. That's certainly a big plus for gun ownership and the right to carry.
You can look at that video and think "This situation needs more guns" - seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies