Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 11:21 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I thought it was those 88 Tea Party guys.
At least we will hear a lot less of the Cruz phony after this mess gets cleaned up. The News Orgs and FOX won't bring him up.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:29 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,697,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Doves and peaceniks no more: These Democrats relish the role of bullies - Washington Times

Worse than hypocrites. Hateful, lying scum. Liberal true colors are out again.
I believe you're referring to all politicians, not just Liberals. They're all vermin.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:43 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
are you normally that callous (either that or blindly ideological) to think cancer or a drunk driving into your car causing you injuries that require health care is the end result of your indiscretions?
A very easy 90% of our current population brings these things down on themselves .. I'm not responsible for the acts of the drunk driver .. I'm not responsible for people swallowing, hook, line, and sinker, that of which the government promotes (government promoting saccharin - and it's causing cancer - for instance) ... I'm not responsible for the people believing everything big pharma has to say ..

We are accountable for our own decisions and no one else's .. Your stupid decisions should not in any way be made to impact my life .. I'm not responsible for you ... You Are

People in this country would be so much better off if they would pull up their big-boy-pants and live with a bit of sense.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:51 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Rep Stutzman of Idaho summed up the Republican position this morning clearly stating exactly why they are doing what they are doing and Obama answered:

Mr. Obama cited a quote from Rep. Marlin Stutzman, R-Ind., who told the Washington Examiner, "We're not going to be disrespected. We have to get something out of this. And I don't know what that even is."

What lawmakers "get," Mr. Obama said, is the opportunity to serve the American people. "The American people aren't in the mood to give you a goody bag to go with it."

"If you're being disrespected, it's because of that attitude you got, that you deserve something for doing your job."

Do your job, Boehner. You work for the country not Ted Cruz. Let the House vote on a clean CR, already!

Old 10-03-2013, 11:53 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I thought it was those 88 Tea Party guys.
Those "88 Tea Party guys" don't control what bills get to the floor of the House. The Speaker does. There is a complete and clean budget bill ready to go. Boehner is still setting conditions with the Senate before sending it to the floor to be voted on.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:54 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
At least we will hear a lot less of the Cruz phony after this mess gets cleaned up. The News Orgs and FOX won't bring him up.
Wait two weeks. When the debt ceiling debates start, Cruz will be all over the news.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:56 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Wait two weeks. When the debt ceiling debates start, Cruz will be all over the news.
Boehner said today he will put a debt ceiling vote on the floor with or without his tea party faction's approval. Good for him. It is time he does the same with the clean CR.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:14 PM

194 posts, read 635,938 times
Default Sneaking into National Parks during shutdown...

I'm visiting three national parks next week. And yes I'm going either way.

I think I'll have to get creative about getting into the park, but I can't see any serious consequences of it, outside of course getting injured and not having search and rescue there, etc.

But as long as I'm responsible, which I am, and I'm certainly experienced.

I don't think any of the "essential" staff still left behind are gonna be roaming the backcountry looking for hikers to bust. They will be at the gates turning people away, and in the office trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

The only issue I foresee is where to park outside of each park, and then how long it will take us afterward to hike into the park from there and around the main entrances.

Anyone done this in the past few days, back in 1995, know anything about this, etc?

Old 10-03-2013, 12:18 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Boehner said today he will put a debt ceiling vote on the floor with or without his tea party faction's approval. Good for him. It is time he does the same with the clean CR.
Here is a quote from Netanyahu on Rouhani, change a couple of name and UN General Assembly to US House of Reps abd you get ,,,, ?

“I wish I could believe [President Hassan] Rouhani, but I don’t because facts are stubborn things, and the facts are that Iran’s savage record flatly contradicts Rouhani’s soothing rhetoric,” Mr. Netanyahu said just one week after world leaders gathered in New York for the annual U.N. General Assembly meeting.
Read more: Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu: Iran leader Hassan Rouhani is a 'wolf in sheep's clothing' - Washington Times

Old 10-03-2013, 12:21 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Congressman Confronts Park Ranger Over Closed WWII Memorial | NBC4 Washington

Quote:
The congressman was Randy Neugebauer, a Republican representing Texas. He confronted the ranger in the middle of a crowd of tourists as she was keeping most of the public out of the closed World War II memorial.

"The Park Service should be ashamed of themselves," the congressman said.

"I'm not ashamed," replied the ranger.

At that point, a crowd of onlookers got involved. "Ask those questions of the people who aren't passing the budget," shouted a voice from the crowd. "That's who you need to ask these questions to."

"This woman is doing her job, just like me," shouted another. "I'm a 30-year federal veteran -- I'm out of work."

The man, wearing a bicycle helmet, at this point was face to face with the congressman.

"Well, the reason you are is because Mr. Reid decided to shut down the government," responded Neugebauer, referring to the top Senate Democrat.

"No, it's because the government won't do its job and pass a budget," the bicyclist responded.

"The House did its job; it passed appropriations. The Senate hasn't," said another voice from the crowd.

Neugebauer walked away at that point.
So, the Congressman from Texas put on a display of bullying a park ranger, then slunk away when the heat got a little too hot in the kitchen.

Nice photo op, Mr. Neugebauer. Very smooth, indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies