Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 06:26 AM

30,069 posts, read 18,674,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is a President and administration, and a Democrat Party that is overstepping and overreaching, and Americans have had enough. I stand with Mark Levin on this.
Mark Levin to Obama: You lay one hand on WW2 vets and I’LL BRING HALF A MILLION PEOPLE TO THAT MEMORIAL! » The Right Scoop -

It simply shows the thuggery associated with Obama. Closing monuments and memorials which are "open air", require no monitoring, and are open 24/7 is simply an attempt to "punish" Americans. This man is a petty, angry, small man.

I am glad the vets broke through the barriers. It is shocking that there were armed guards there. Now how much did they cost? Were these guards actually going to detain or harm US citizens, simply going on THIER LAND? The memorials ARE NOT OBAMA'S PRIVATE PROPERTY! That loon even tried to shut down Mt. Vernon, which is private property!

I would have been a nice touch if the vets had stormed the White House and taken over the Oval Office. At least there would then be someone there with an ounce of common sense.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:28 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
You know - that whole WWII thing was a great photo op for the Republicans. I'll give them that. It's all they have.

But isn't it RICH that the Republicans are the reason for the government shut down?

The country knows it.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:32 AM

So you support Obama closing open air national monuments and memorials and preventing combat vets from visiting thier own memorial?

I guess the fascists are in full swing now.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:35 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,397,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So you support Obama closing open air national monuments and memorials and preventing combat vets from visiting thier own memorial?

Do you support people having to work and then not knowing if they'll be paid or not for that work?

Oh, and did those veterans get to visit the site or not? Much to do about nothing.

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

When the Republican party chose to shut down the government - they shut down the government. NOT just the pieces and parts that THEY like.

What part of that don't you understand?

But Michelle Bachmann did get on camera so - that's always a plus for her.

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanhvtnymd View Post
I should also say it may be more accurate to say that whenever the debt ceiling is raised we apply for the credit card company (Congress) to raise our available credit limit on our credit card or for the credit card company (Congress) to issue us a new credit card.

Ideally, you would pay your balance off on a regular basis. But if you don't find a way to obtain income (revenue, taxes), you can cut your expenses to the bare bones, and still have major problems. You may not be able to get around (DOT), you may not be able keep your lights on (DOE), you may get sick and be unable to receive treatment (DHHS), your yard may start to look like crap because you can't keep it up (DOI), your waste may start leaking into your yard because you can't empty your septic tank or flush your toilet with out water (EPA)....see where I am going with this? You can't always rely on the goodwill of your neighbors (the World) to help you out in this situation. So you go to work to make money (revenues, i.e., taxes), rely on goodwill of family/friends (social programs, means-tested or otherwise), and find some side hustles (e.g., interest on debts owed, investments of all sorts including small businesses) so you can make money to pay for a decent living. Sometimes you have borrow money from someone to keep your life going.

You see, you have to have money in this day and age to survive. Our government runs because of tax revenues. No revenues, no government. No government, no internal or external security. No internal/external security....well, you will find out if your neighbors are naughty or nice.

The alternative to this is to go all "My Side of the Mountain", but I am sure that will get old and be very difficult.
Your should read this column: The Dwindling Deficit

Quote:
The budget deficit isn’t our biggest problem, by a long shot. Furthermore, it’s a problem that is already, to a large degree, solved. The medium-term budget outlook isn’t great, but it’s not terrible either — and the long-term outlook gets much more attention than it should.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:38 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
So, I guess the dems mantra of "if it saves the life of 1 child" only matters when they are pusing an agenda....

When it comes to hundreds of children...bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh who cares....

Pretty sick dems....

Old 10-03-2013, 06:39 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is a President and administration, and a Democrat Party that is overstepping and overreaching, and Americans have had enough. I stand with Mark Levin on this.
Mark Levin to Obama: You lay one hand on WW2 vets and I’LL BRING HALF A MILLION PEOPLE TO THAT MEMORIAL! » The Right Scoop -
What an embarrassing smokescreen.

It's a memorial, it isn't actually the veterans

My Dad was a decorated Marine in WWII. They invited him to the unveiling in Washington DC all expenses paid. He declined because he had something more important to do, a grandchild's birthday party.

This Gov shutdown is an act of terrorism by these nuts that have hijacked the republican party. Don't try to confuse the much more important issue of the disfunction of our government with memorials.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Do you support people having to work and then not knowing if they'll be paid or not for that work?

Oh, and did those veterans get to visit the site or not? Much to do about nothing.

1. "Support people having to work and not knowing if they'll be paid or not for that work?"
Welcome to being on call in medicine. We do many things for which we are not paid.

2. The government will not be shut down forever. The federal workers will be paid when the government "opens".

3. I like the government shut down. Social Security and Medicare still functions and the military functions. As far as I am concerned, keep it "closed" forever.

4. The Vets only "got" (What the hell- are you that dense???- IT IS THIER RIGHT TO VISIT THAT MONUMENT. IT IS NOT OBAMA'S PRIVELEDGE TO GRANT THAT RIGHT!) to go to the monument through thier OWN INITIATIVE and despite INTIMIDATION FROM ARMED GUARDS!!!!

You fascists have gone overboard when you support the measures of this insane, petty man in the White House.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:42 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The problem is the president and senate want to spend like drunken sailers with borrowed money. It has to end at some point. We don't need the country to be as broke as the DNC is right now.
I will give you the same advice:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Your should read this column: The Dwindling Deficit
Quote:
It’s hard to turn on your TV or read an editorial page these days without encountering someone declaring, with an air of great seriousness, that excessive spending and the resulting budget deficit is our biggest problem. Such declarations are rarely accompanied by any argument about why we should believe this; it’s supposed to be part of what everyone knows.

This is, however, a case in which what everyone knows just ain’t so.
[/quote]

The President has slowed growth in spending:

and the deficit is shrinking:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies