Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 11:31 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,423,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I always wonder why the right wing wackos that think living on welfare and food stamps is so great don't just quit their jobs and try it for themselves. I guess they are too busy propping up their strawmen to actually think about the stupid crap they say.
Great response!! So true.

Of course, sociopaths lack the ability to empathize and lack compassion, so that's a possibility, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 11:41 AM

47,035 posts, read 26,122,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Whats wrong, you don't want to give me your money? LOL but demand to take mine then expect me to bend over and smile as you take it. Sorry, you got the wrong people.
<shrug> I pay when Uncle Sam passes the collection basket. (Way more than your average countryman does, btw.) You're whining to the wrong person, buddy.

Now when we have that out of the way, why don't you try answering the question? Which liberal keeps defending welfare as the best life you could have?

We both know you made that up, don't we? Question is - do you have the integrity to admit it?

I suspect we both know the answer to that, too.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:02 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,979,866 times
Quote:
Obama running around running a campaign on raising taxes was never funny. I will NEVER support any politician who runs on raising taxes on the American people. They get enough money and they can't handle the money they get.

Anyone who cheered, I'll say it again. Give me your money NOW and see if you like me when I take it from you.
I see you cannot answer the simple question asked to prove the Topic of this Thread, again, I am not shocked in the least.
Obama did not run on raising taxes, that is just the Tea Party Propaganda stuck in your brain.
Cheered what? If you cannot be specific in you rhetoric then don't bother replying, mouthing the same old untruths does not, and never will, make them truth.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
If welfare wasn't fun why are millions of people on it?
Maybe because they need assistance, jeeeez

Old 10-04-2013, 12:09 PM

624 posts, read 941,892 times
Quote:
Actually I do understand that there are people on welfare due to hard times (lost job) but Obama has made it worse then acts as if he is gods gift to the U.S. A president and senators who promotes welfare as an economic stimulus (taking from one group to give to another)... really? What kind of man or woman does that. Someone who needs you to need them, hence your vote.

You should be upset with the abusers. They will fight and vote for a free ride and don't have an ounce of pride in themselves. They will take and take and don't care that you or I worked to put that food on their table. Just like the government it will never be good enough and they will always demand more. And there is certainly no appreciation.

As for Obama, it is not ok for him to attack good hardworking americans for his political agenda. Oh and I do understand the "one step away" and one should always be prepared but when you have money grubbing elitist, arrogant president making it harder to prepare. He would rather see us all on the government dole NEEDING HIM and the government.
I am upset with the abusers. I'm not going to claim they don't exist, but I will say there are fewer of them than there are people like me...however they got here...who are genuinely doing the best they can. The abusers are few enough that I can't let my resentment of them get the better of me, but I do hate being lumped in with them. Live with that stereotype for even a few years and you become very tired, first mentally and emotionally, then physically. You start to wonder if there's something wrong with you or that you must have deserved it somehow. Some good, honest people get so tired they give up, and appear to live up to the stereotypes. I'm not one of them, either, but I've seen it happen and I know how it goes. They lose their dignity and hate themselves. The situation just gets worse from there.

So yeah, again, the abusers make me angry...they make all self-respecting, ethical poor on any form of public assistance furious. That relatively small group casts a very long shadow that is toxic to us all. I know dozens of people who would take a much stronger stand against cases of welfare abuse around them if they felt like some small business owner would give them a good job so they could get out of that environment. They would gladly push for small business owners to get a nice big tax break for hiring the long-term unemployed, too, but you have to show you are willing to give us a chance. I'm sure there is more that could come from taking a chance on a little understanding. A lot of today's poor could be great political allies for the working and middle class because we would like to be where you are at.

Re Obama...I'm staying out of that one. I worship no politician, so for balance, I can't despise them, either. I keep my focus more on local and state elections, where somebody might actually hear me. Every president disappoints me in the end.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:11 PM

47,035 posts, read 26,122,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
If welfare wasn't fun why are millions of people on it?
If sitting in a lifeboat isn't great, then why does Government insist on them being there?

Old 10-04-2013, 12:18 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,806,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
<shrug> I pay when Uncle Sam passes the collection basket. (Way more than your average countryman does, btw.) You're whining to the wrong person, buddy.

Now when we have that out of the way, why don't you try answering the question? Which liberal keeps defending welfare as the best life you could have?

We both know you made that up, don't we? Question is - do you have the integrity to admit it?

I suspect we both know the answer to that, too.
Why do people on welfare fight so hard for welfare and getting more free stuff. Yep, they fight so hard for their way of life it must be damn good way of life.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:20 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,806,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If sitting in a lifeboat isn't great, then why does Government insist on them being there?
Fail!

If a cruise doesn't have a lifeboat and needs the government to tell them to have one then they obviously are not a good company and won't get my business.

As for personal finance, I am smart enough to have my own lifeboat. If you aren't and need the government lifeboat then obviously you are not very smart.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Fail!

If a cruise doesn't have a lifeboat and needs the government to tell them to have one then they obviously are not a good company and won't get my business.

As for personal finance, I am smart enough to have my own lifeboat. If you aren't and need the government lifeboat then obviously you are not very smart.
So you bring your own lifeboat wherever you go on the water? Yeah right.
You ASSUME that everyone that needs assistance is someone that made stupid mistakes and simply got themselves into their own trouble, that proves you know apsolutely nothing about why people end up needing assistance.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:24 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,540,196 times
The ONE voice of reason in this thread is, as always, criminally ignored in favor of more "herp derp the other side is full of dummies and I are teh smart!!!11!"

Shameful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies