Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 09:15 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,333,016 times

Advertisements

OTTAWA - The Conservative government is launching a $1.3-billion free market in medical marijuana this Tuesday, eventually providing an expected 450,000 Canadians with quality weed.

Health Canada is phasing out an older system on Monday that mostly relied on small-scale, homegrown medical marijuana of varying quality, often diverted illegally to the black market.

[[MOD CUT/copyright]

"We expect that over time, prices will be driven down by the free market," she said. "The lower price range will likely be around $3 a gram. ... It's hard to predict."

Saskatoon-based Prairie Plant Systems, and its subsidiary CanniMed Ltd., were granted the first two licences under the system and are already advertising their new products on the web.

Prospective patients, including those under the current system, must get a medical professional to prescribe medical marijuana using a government-approved form.
Birth of a billion-dollar marijuana industry - News - MSN CA

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-02-2013 at 01:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 09:27 PM

Well only in Canada do we help a struggling community hit by the economic cras by providing jobs while giving suffering patients a quality product.

"There's a real need," he said in an interview. "You see what this medicine does to them."

Tweed Inc. proposes to produce at least 20 strains to start, and will reserve 10 per cent of production for compassionate, low-cost prescriptions for impoverished patients, he says.

Plus a using a old Heresy manufacturing plant to grow it and well Hersey should partner up with them and offer a free chocolate bar with every Rx filled putting a old massive factory to use creating jobs and collecting taxes as well as Committed to giving suffering patients a quality product.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:31 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Canadians are smarter than Americans. Good for you guys, wish I lived there. Maybe someday.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:41 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Well only in Canada do we help a struggling community hit by the economic cras by providing jobs while giving suffering patients a quality product.

"There's a real need," he said in an interview. "You see what this medicine does to them."

Tweed Inc. proposes to produce at least 20 strains to start, and will reserve 10 per cent of production for compassionate, low-cost prescriptions for impoverished patients, he says.

Plus a using a old Heresy manufacturing plant to grow it and well Hersey should partner up with them and offer a free chocolate bar with every Rx filled putting a old massive factory to use creating jobs and collecting taxes as well as Committed to giving suffering patients a quality product.
Hershey, as in the chocolate. They should have combined the two. They'd make a fortune.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Canadians are smarter than Americans. Good for you guys, wish I lived there. Maybe someday.
Well we are begging for people to come up here that want to learn or have experience in the skilled trades and their is a reason Alberta nickname is Texberta since highly skilled and experienced Oil and LNG workers are fast tracked and you guys can come up here and work in any of our industry's be it temporary work permit or you end up get duo citizenship for both countries.

Plus we are not smarter or better then you we make dumb decisions and mistakes and political issues but we are each other most important trading partner, best friend and long time ally that we are all pulling for yay guys.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:04 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
No way in Hell I'd move to Alberta, and want nothing to do with the Keystone XL pipeline. If this country was smart the the pipeline would be killed, but money wins the day in the USA.

Ontario, B.C., etcetera., but not Alberta. I think Edmonton is the only place outside the U.S. that former Pres. George W. Bush has gone to give a speech.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:23 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
No way in Hell I'd move to Alberta, and want nothing to do with the Keystone XL pipeline. If this country was smart the the pipeline would be killed, but money wins the day in the USA.

Ontario, B.C., etcetera., but not Alberta. I think Edmonton is the only place outside the U.S. that former Pres. George W. Bush has gone to give a speech.
Good for you! I wanted to rep you for that, but couldn't.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:40 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Well we are begging for people to come up here that want to learn or have experience in the skilled trades and their is a reason Alberta nickname is Texberta since highly skilled and experienced Oil and LNG workers are fast tracked and you guys can come up here and work in any of our industry's be it temporary work permit or you end up get duo citizenship for both countries.

Plus we are not smarter or better then you we make dumb decisions and mistakes and political issues but we are each other most important trading partner, best friend and long time ally that we are all pulling for yay guys.
As the most conservative province in Canada, isn't Alberta very strongly against legalizing medical marijuana from fear it is only a gateway drug used only for the purpose of getting high?

Old 10-02-2013, 01:55 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Less religious, more secular. Fewer do-gooders.

And yeah...smarter as a result without superstition clouding their judgements.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:52 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:

Nope, Calgary. As it happens, the worthless torturing scumbag ate dinner at a fine restaurant on my street. And gave a speech (no press) to a bunch of oil bigwigs to the tune of four-figures per plate. I can't see how it would be worth it unless Bush was sitting in a dunk tank letting people throw things at him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies