Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 09:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Wow, how does an obvious expert like yourself have such a low reputation here? You seems to know all the answers.
Yeah; he's a smart guy. Pretty sure he's not here for the reputation points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 09:38 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
Well, that's rather obvious (the rep points because he sure ain't smart or informed).

Old 10-04-2013, 09:47 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree396 View Post
For the sake of the debate lets agree with a lot of conservatives and say that Obama was born in Kenya when it was a colony making him a subject, his mother was American and his father Kenyan.

Ted Cruz was born in CANADA which is a Monarchy when his father was Cuban and his mother American, making him a subject of the Monarch of Canada.

So why the difference ? how can Cruz be totally legal to become president of the USA but Obama is not ?
I would have to have it explained to me how Cruz is totally legal to become president of the United States unless Canada is considered as American soil in some way?? I would have to go back and read the constitution again to see exactly how the natural-born citizen is worded. The president has to be more than a citizen of the United states; the president has to be a natural born citizen and the two can be different.

When I went looking for information about Obama before he was elected the first time, I found information stating his mother was not old enough at his birth to give him American citizenship if he were born in Kenya. Don't start calling me names I am just stating what my research found. I did not find any court case that went to full term. It seems congress is the only one that can legally question this and I haven't heard it happen. That does not mean that it hasn't happened; I just haven't heard about it if it did.

I think this is going to be something the history books discuss just like many other mysteries.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:11 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I would have to have it explained to me how Cruz is totally legal to become president of the United States unless Canada is considered as American soil in some way?? I would have to go back and read the constitution again to see exactly how the natural-born citizen is worded. The president has to be more than a citizen of the United states; the president has to be a natural born citizen and the two can be different.
The US Constitution recognizes two and only two classes of US citizen. They are natural born and naturalized. There is no third category. The Article II requirement that the President be a natural born citizen eliminates from consideration all and only those citizens who were naturalized; i.e. whose US citizenship replaced an earlier other citizenship at some point after their birth via an affirmative act of law.

Ted Cruz is not naturalized. Therefore, under the US Constitution he can only be natural born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN
When I went looking for information about Obama before he was elected the first time, I found information stating his mother was not old enough at his birth to give him American citizenship if he were born in Kenya. Don't start calling me names I am just stating what my research found. I did not find any court case that went to full term. It seems congress is the only one that can legally question this and I haven't heard it happen. That does not mean that it hasn't happened; I just haven't heard about it if it did.
You apparently did not go looking very hard. Of the more than 200 court cases challenging the President's eligibility, at least 22 have "gone to full term" and been decided on the merits. All have declared him a natural born US citizen. You can find the string citation here:

http://tesibria.typepad.com/whats_yo...ING%20CITE.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN
I think this is going to be something the history books discuss just like many other mysteries.
Trivial absurdities like birthism do not generally make it into "history" books.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:19 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,365 times
I read an article that stated Obama was an American citizen, but, he fraudulently, when applying and attending College, depicted himself as foreign born to get preferred admission status. Otherwise he would never have gotten admitted. This is why his college transcript and such is kept under wraps.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:25 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree396 View Post
For the sake of the debate lets agree with a lot of conservatives and say that Obama was born in Kenya when it was a colony making him a subject, his mother was American and his father Kenyan.

Ted Cruz was born in CANADA which is a Monarchy when his father was Cuban and his mother American, making him a subject of the Monarch of Canada.

So why the difference ? how can Cruz be totally legal to become president of the USA but Obama is not ?
Cruz can never be President .. He wasn't born here.

And ... if all of what the birthers say about Obama is true, then it will all come out in the wash, and all of what he tried to do during his terms as President will be null and void ..

Old 10-06-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I read an article that stated Obama was an American citizen, but, he fraudulently, when applying and attending College, depicted himself as foreign born to get preferred admission status. Otherwise he would never have gotten admitted. This is why his college transcript and such is kept under wraps.
The article was a wild speculation by Obama's Columbia classmate Wayne Allen Root, a man who has spent the last five years desperately trying to rationalize why Obama has been such a success and he (Root) has been such an abysmal failure at essentially everything he's ever set his mind to. Root has settled into the occupation of third tier Las Vegas bookie, erratic and Quixotic Libertarian candidate, and perpetual whiner.

The bottom line is that there has never been the tiniest smidgen of evidence that Obama has ever "depicted himself as foreign born." That is pure birther hallucination.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Cruz can never be President .. He wasn't born here.
Nowhere in any US law, rule, regulation, court decision or Constitutional provision is the President required to be "born here."

But you are right that Cruz can never be President. He is completely unelectable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude
And ... if all of what the birthers say about Obama is true, then it will all come out in the wash, and all of what he tried to do during his terms as President will be null and void ..
Wrong. Under the "De Facto Officer Doctrine" (a well established doctrine of US common law) even if Obama were proved to be an alien from Mars, every act he performed as President would remain in full force and completely valid. Nothing would become "null and void."

Old 10-06-2013, 12:14 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,582,712 times
Both obama and Cruz have American mothers.

If obama can legally be president, so can Cruz.

Simple.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:29 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Birthers are like snakes. As soon as you plug the opening under the door, they come in through the hole behind the dryer vent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies