Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 10:22 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Perhaps if republicans would allow abortions then the welfare class would not be growing by leaps and bounds. But no, we have women getting pregnant when they can't afford a child....and guess what? They go on welfare And you're blaming democrats for those on welfare lol
LOL, you are so entertaining. Is this what the liberal media tells you, oh yea, they told you to vote as if your lady parts depend on iT.

NEWS FLASH, you were lied to. I don't like people needing abortions but I understand it. Women will do it regardless of law so I would rather it be legal so you don't go into allies and end up killing yourselves. If it's legal you would go to the professionals. BUT! there has to be a limit. I don't believe that they should allow abortions so far into a pregnancy.

Big difference but the all or none democrats have you believing that we want to overturn roe vs wade. WRONG!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 10:28 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, you are so entertaining. Is this what the liberal media tells you, oh yea, they told you to vote as if your lady parts depend on iT. NEWS FLASH, you were lied to. I don't like people needing abortions but people will do it regardless of law so I would rather it be legal but there has to be a limit. I don't believe that they should allow abortions so far into a pregnancy.

Big difference but the all or none democrats have you believing that we want to overturn roe vs wade. WRONG!
You are entertaining too Why do you think I rely on the liberal media to tell me what I think. I guess you rely on the conservative media for your thinking lol But conservatives want to overturn roe vs wade.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:31 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
You are entertaining too Why do you think I rely on the liberal media to tell me what I think. I guess you rely on the conservative media for your thinking lol But conservatives want to overturn roe vs wade.
Again WRONG!

Old 10-05-2013, 10:36 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Again WRONG!

So tell me then

Old 10-05-2013, 11:26 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Were you because I was not influenced by my parents at all. Sorry for you if you didn't have your own belief
most people are, about 50% give or take...I am a Libertarian, the fewer statist the better..

Old 10-06-2013, 02:32 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Meowt View Post
Here's another thing to consider.

These are the states with 10 electoral votes or more that Romney carried in 2012.

TX 38
GA 16
NC 15
TN 11
IN 11
MO 10
total: 101

That's all. And what's more, both GA and NC (the second and third largest states in the list, representing about a third of the GOP's large-state EVs) both went for Romney by less than 10%. In NC, the state went for Romney by only about a 3% margin.

I don't know what you think about that, but I think that's a prescription for the GOP continuing to lose ground at the polls.

I think Obama won by 4% nationally so are Dems losing ground?
That's less than 10% and barely more than 3%.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:35 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
It is hard to fight Santa Claus and until the GOP starts passing our more free stuff than the Democrats they will have an image problem.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:02 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Meowt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly_Q View Post
Catholics are trending Republican. Latinos are predominately Catholic. Do the math.
You're not going to automatically get Hispanics any more than you're going to automatically keep churchgoers, or white folks, or military veterans or residents of the Deep South. You're going to have to expend effort to attract and keep them, and I don't see y'all doing that. If Hispanics were going to support the GOP en masse, they'd already be doing it. They're not. Do the math.
And don't underestimate the impact of a Pope who trends toward the compassionate and a Pope who respects those of other beliefs. The Pope has already made statements that essentially scuttle any relationship the "religious right" had to the Republican Party. That's not going to send Catholics over to the Democrats, but it is going to put many Catholics, who were supportive of the GOP because of those issues, back in the "toss-up" column. And I don't think it'll take many more statements from the Pope about helping the poor will get those Catholics thinking about which of the options they have resonates with that moral imperative. The Pope doesn't talk about trickle-down - doesn't spew any of the right-wing's or liberatarian's self-serving, avaricious nonsense. If their religion matters (which is what the previous poster posited) then all signs are pointing in the direction pointing away from the GOP, away from libertarians, etc.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:09 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Perhaps if republicans would allow abortions then the welfare class would not be growing by leaps and bounds. But no, we have women getting pregnant when they can't afford a child....and guess what? They go on welfare And you're blaming democrats for those on welfare lol

Take a good, long hard look and this and dwell on it.
It reveals much of what has hurt our Nation.
"If we just accept killing babies things would be so much better"

Talk about greed, self centeredness and lack of principle and personal responsibility.
It's all here in your post.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:02 AM

408 posts, read 393,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I think Obama won by 4% nationally so are Dems losing ground?
That's less than 10% and barely more than 3%.
No, those are the largest states still in the GOP column as of the 2012 election. I can't speak for North Carolina, but the state GOP in Georgia is crapping its pants that Obama only lost by 8% here; they think it should have been at least double that. Add to that the fact that the daughter of former GA Senator Sam Nunn is running for Saxby Chambliss' Senate seat -- as a Democrat -- and that makes for some serious worry, at least in the state GOP. Their e-mails have been getting more and more edgy and gloomy lately.

The GOP has *got* to build its base, especially in swing states, or else the Democrats are simply going to solidify their hold where it exists, or else continue chipping away at GOP strongholds and eventually turning them into swing states. The fact that North Carolina is turning into a swing state and that Georgia's not far behind ought to be a wake-up call for the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies