Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 11:31 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,226,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; Illinois is pretty damn "red" if Chicago is taken out. Too; many inner cities ain't known for putting out smart people, Detriot in 2013 is 1 such place.
So Detroit is you fall back example when you try to describe a liberal city? Why not any of the more successful liberal cities? Doesn't fit in to your talking points?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 11:48 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,923,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
How do you not count Chicago? IL has 12.9 million people, but 10 million of those people live in the Chicago metro.

Just look at our poor choice of universities.

University of Chicago
University of Illinois - Chicago
DePaul University
Northwestern University
Northeastern University
Loyola University
I messed up: I should've said ChicagoLAND. But my post still stands that MOST of Illinois is "red".

Old 10-11-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
I messed up: I should've said ChicagoLAND. But my post still stands that MOST of Illinois is "red".
That is true, but should also be noted that less people live in the rest of Illinois than Chicagoland, so the people of Chicagoland shouldn't be discredited simply because they live in a city metro.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:54 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,275,258 times
Quote:
Well, according to that logic Romney won the election as long as we exclude the votes Obama got. There is really no reason to exclude 75% of the population and then claim IL is red. However, you are correct, if you exclude the majority of IL's population, IL is in fact red.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:55 AM

11,857 posts, read 5,835,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is weird, Fox News viewers are known for having low IQs and low information and they blame Obama for everything.

Comments like this are why people don't take you seriously. Intelligent people have a will of their own and think with their own minds.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:59 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,579,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That doesn't inform anyone, what to look for to make it a fraud.
Rationally, how does one come to that conclusion.
They won't include any footage that makes it look fake.

Just like Jaywalking won't ever show you the dozens of folks who got their questions right, only the entertaining dumb responses. Makes the viewer feel real smart if they don't know what's going on.

But how tough is it for say, a Young Republican to take a camera to a campus, hold up a placard and invite a bunch of fellow club members to come over and participate in an "unbiased political opinion exercise?"

I think anyone with whatever agenda and a smart phone could make one of these videos in just a few minutes to promote whatever viewpoint they favor.

I report.

You decide.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Comments like this are why people don't take you seriously. Intelligent people have a will of their own and think with their own minds.
It is interesting you commented on my post and not the person I was responding to who basically said poor people have low IQs. I was simply pointing out that one's IQ level is not attached to one's income.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:31 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,622,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Another Jaywalking type video that wingnuts think is real.

I guess the Tea Party isn't really racist then? Because that's how they got that reputation, with selectively edited videos from left-wing organizations that branded the whole movement from the words of a few lunatics. Liberals happily ate it up because it was real enough to justify their stereotype of the average Tea Party member.

Tens of thousands of people attend some of these rallies. It's easy to film a few nutjobs, hack together a video and use it as propaganda.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:41 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,465,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Looks like they're blaming 0bama for the shutdown.

Is there hope? Dare I dream? Is the future not yet completely lost?

SHOCK VIDEO Students Blame Obama, Democrats for Government Shutdown - YouTube
Congratulations! You found the five and a half people other than tea party cheerleaders who actually think this way.

Too bad for you that majority of the voters in this nation are smart enough to know that if a minority of disgruntled losers tries to use economic harm as a bargaining chip to assert unilateral demands, then it is THEY who are to blame, not those who they are trying to extort.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:59 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,579,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I guess the Tea Party isn't really racist then?
Isn't much guesswork involved, I'd say.

Quote:
Because that's how they got that reputation, with selectively edited videos from left-wing organizations that branded the whole movement from the words of a few lunatics. Liberals happily ate it up because it was real enough to justify their stereotype of the average Tea Party member.

Tens of thousands of people attend some of these rallies. It's easy to film a few nutjobs, hack together a video and use it as propaganda.
Seems they sent a few of these racist nutjobs to congress. Wonder who voted for these jerks?

Yes, the Republican Party is Racist, and here’s why | The Daily Banter

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies