Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 11:13 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,899,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Please tell me these are normal contrails.

Travel towards downtown in this Google link.
Pass the Time Out Pub on the right.
Keep clicking till you pass the next intersection.
Keep clicking down the street.
When you see the Rock City Café and Orient Street on the left, check out the sky in all directions.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...ed=0CCwQxB0wAA

Those are contrails? In Camden, Maine? Seriously?

best,
toodie
I am usually interested in this stuff but what you posted, linked to and have directions for make want to ask...What?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 11:42 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Yeah, that is messy up there. Nice looking town though.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:48 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,228,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Most of those airplanes look like they are crashing into each other - how come we haven't heard anything about this on the MSM?
The orange forces clearly dominate the yellow forces. Who are the parties involved in this scenario?

Are we on DEFCON 2 yet?

How did the Mexicans manage to stay out of this?

Descending into my bunker RIGHT NOW!

Old 10-13-2013, 12:27 AM

6,358 posts, read 7,776,492 times
Quote:

Yes, those are jet engine produced condensation trails. The weather condition that day was just right for them to be generated and to persist. You can see some of them have been there for awhile, as evidenced by their dispersal, (but not sublimation).

Not sure what you mean by "normal". That's usually how they look.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:31 AM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
Quote:

Travel towards downtown in this Google link.
Pass the Time Out Pub on the right.
Keep clicking till you pass the next intersection.
Keep clicking down the street.
When you see the Rock City Café and Orient Street on the left, check out the sky in all directions.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...ed=0CCwQxB0wAA

best,
toodie

I need to go back and look again, not sure I got past the intersection. But, I saw weird power lines, I don't know why they appear broken up. Cool how they were just suspended up there, lol. Look at the trees, some of the branches aren't attached. Something went haywire when the image was transmitted or received. You know how those little square things don't line up right on the tv screen sometimes, it's something like that. I think it's a digital thing. Somebody will come along with an expert explanation.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:57 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,246,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Most of those airplanes look like they are crashing into each other - how come we haven't heard anything about this on the MSM?
This is a airplane
http://carseatblog.com/wp-content/up...7/airplane.jpg

This is a jet
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...23-d58794k.jpg

This is a Harrier
http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/...nes-Work-4.jpg

learn the difference, Google is your friend!

Old 10-13-2013, 08:39 AM

7,149 posts, read 4,745,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
In toodies defense, (even though I do not support the conspiracy behind contrails), the skies in Camden, (or Rockland), do NOT look like that normally, no matter what planes may or may not fly over Maine. I had to drive through this town twice a day, every day, for six months. Not once did it ever look like this.

It's definitely interesting, but certainly not anything to be alarmed about.

You're right. I kept saying Camden, and it's Rockland.
Glad to hear from a local person since I'm considering relocating up there, and wondered if this was happening all the time in their beautiful blue skies.

I understand what people are saying about the atmospheric conditions, but those conditions would be present much more often than just over a long, long time period.

If someone lives up there or drives through there twice a day and only sees this once every month or two, something is nonsensical about atmospheric conditions causing this.

Thanks!

toodie

Old 10-13-2013, 08:41 AM

7,149 posts, read 4,745,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I need to go back and look again, not sure I got past the intersection. But, I saw weird power lines, I don't know why they appear broken up. Cool how they were just suspended up there, lol. Look at the trees, some of the branches aren't attached. Something went haywire when the image was transmitted or received. You know how those little square things don't line up right on the tv screen sometimes, it's something like that. I think it's a digital thing. Somebody will come along with an expert explanation.

Hmmmm. Doesn't do that when I view the link. You've got to go quite a bit further into the downtown area, after the intersection at Orient Street, and the Camden Bank, to see the part of the sky I'm talking about.

The power lines and trees are connected when I view, so don't know what's up with that.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:21 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
You're right. I kept saying Camden, and it's Rockland.
Glad to hear from a local person since I'm considering relocating up there, and wondered if this was happening all the time in their beautiful blue skies.

I understand what people are saying about the atmospheric conditions, but those conditions would be present much more often than just over a long, long time period.

If someone lives up there or drives through there twice a day and only sees this once every month or two, something is nonsensical about atmospheric conditions causing this.

Thanks!

toodie
In the entire six months, I didn't see it at all. I followed your directions, looked up and was like, "woah! That is crazy looking, isn't it?" because it just doesn't look like that. And trust me, I've looked up at the sky plenty of times when I've been stuck behind every person who wants to window shop from their car. Getting through Camden when the tourists are around is a true testament to strong will....not to get out and start beating on people. "GO! For the love of God, GO!"

Old 10-14-2013, 12:48 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
This is a Harrier
http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/...nes-Work-4.jpg

learn the difference, Google is your friend!
Actually, this is is a Harrier:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies