Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 01:48 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,583 times

Advertisements

ObamaCare is GOOD for businesses with less than 50 employees and many responsible self-insured folks. We can no longer get dropped as soon as we get sick.

It is not good for those who just get cheap insurance and stick others with the bill if they get cancer or some other bad illness. They'll now have to buy full-blown insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 01:49 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Wow... the first few lines of the webpage "THE OPINION PAGES"... from a liberal and biased news agency... and then the liberals fall over themselves and declare victory... its pretty funny, if it wasn't so sad...

Old 10-14-2013, 02:52 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That link is to the New York Times, and an Opinion piece, where the writer claims the problems are due to overwhelming demand!!!

Sorry, that isn't the case.

Health Care Policy and Marketplace Review: How Many People Have Signed Up For Health Insurance on the Federal Health Insurance Exchanges?

Hmm, there seems to be some demand:

State Obamacare Markets Attract Tens Of Thousands Of Customers

Old 10-14-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
LOL

The policies that people have been trying to buy won't even go into effect until Jan 1. It's a bit soon to declare success. Hell, the web site isn't even working!

Let's see how things are going in about a year - you know, about a month before the mid-terms.
New software and web rollouts sometimes encounter glitches when they are first introduced. I've been working with computers for 25 years...let me think, how often did we encounter glitches when we rolled out a new application...oh right. EVERY TIME.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Wow... the first few lines of the webpage "THE OPINION PAGES"... from a liberal and biased news agency... and then the liberals fall over themselves and declare victory... its pretty funny, if it wasn't so sad...
Lol, 'liberal'...good one. Yep, its The Nation, that's the source. Good eye.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:19 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
New software and web rollouts sometimes encounter glitches when they are first introduced. I've been working with computers for 25 years...let me think, how often did we encounter glitches when we rolled out a new application...oh right. EVERY TIME.
Oh, this is FAR beyond "a few glitches."

And not only have I "been working with computers for 25 years" as well, but I've done some development myself, and for a good portion of that time, I worked for a company that develops large, complex applications.

I know how the development & deployment processes work.

In the Real Worldâ„¢, an application that has as many fundamental f***-ups as this one does wouldn't have been launched. But Obamacare doesn't exist in the Real Worldâ„¢, it exists in a separate, political reality. In that reality, delaying the launch would have given the Democrats' political opponents even more fuel for a fire that's already quite large. Since the Democrats own this disaster, the last thing they wanted to do was admit that their disaster wasn't ready for the Real Worldâ„¢.

The premature launch of the O'care website was 100% political. They knew it wasn't ready. They had to. And if they didn't, that's even more damning than if they did and launched it anyway. Either way, this is a monumental screw up, and pretending that it's just a few "glitches" is laughably dumb. Nobody believes it - not even you.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:04 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Most of that isn't "obamacare" driven.
No.
ACOs for Medicare was considered to be a cost container on Medicare to help fund the ACA (Obamacare) program (remember the 500 billion in cuts to Medicare growth that happened a few years before ACA was fully implemented to help pay for the ACA?)

Check out page 6

http://www.cms.gov/apps/docs/aca-upd...ts-savings.pdf

Old 10-14-2013, 05:40 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Sure. And if you believe that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:58 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Then let ACA crash. It will take with it all the insurance companies that it is propping up.

And then???

Old 10-14-2013, 06:11 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Was this article from The Onion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies