Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 11:01 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,793,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
But why are the nights shorter, I think that too was a part of the answer.
Sorry, I wasn't sure how far to regress into "I don't have the knowledge everyone else got in the 5th grade" to answer the question.

I might have to start with, "The sun makes heat, and makes you warmer when it shines on you".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 11:16 AM

6,358 posts, read 7,781,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

I might have to start with, "The sun makes heat, and makes you warmer when it shines on you".
Pretty much sums it up in one simple sentence.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:19 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,875,496 times
We could delve into electrons, excited states, nuclear fusion, hydrogen atoms, helium, neutrons, and so on... but it would change the fact that global warming is still BS...

Old 10-15-2013, 12:19 PM

20,476 posts, read 12,402,260 times
What I want you silly anti-huberduber climate nay-sayers of the apocalypse to tell me is HOW COME THE CLOUDS STAY UP IN THE SKY AND ALL AT THE SAME HIGHT! (On the bottom of the clouds I mean)

Yea, someone tell me that because if you can’t tell me that then you don’t know climate!

(and other silly non sequiturs)

No seriously someone tell me why clouds stay up there and all have the same bottom altitude.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:20 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,287,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The only relationship climate has with politics is the authoritarian's unending and insatiable desire for new and more lucrative forms of taxation,
Yeah yeah, and they'll collect these taxes in the UN's black helicopters. Isn't there a separate forum for conspiracy theories here? If not, there ought to be.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
We could delve into electrons, excited states, nuclear fusion, hydrogen atoms, helium, neutrons, and so on... but it would change the fact that global warming is still BS...
Prove this. Show me the new research that shows what all the previous research got wrong. Show me the retractions of the researchers who got it wrong. Because without such evidence you come across as just another right-winger, brainlessly repeating what Rush and Sean tell you to believe then desperately trying to make the facts fit your conclusion so you don't have to admit to yourself you support idiots.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
It takes backward thinking leftists to believe ...

Save your whining and crying about the left, it's pathetic.

Quote:
2) that the well demonstrated warming and cooling cyclical nature of climate has been in effect for Millions of years, and shows that atmospheric CO2 levels rise some 800 years AFTER and as a RESPONSE to a warming cycle, which DESTROYS the idiotic idea that CO2 is the cause of that warming. Read my lips .... the tail cannot, will not, and never has wagged the dog.

Capital letters don't make lies true. Sorry. Right-wing fail. I won't ask you to prove your claims, because I know you can't and besides asking denialists to support their claims just makes denialists whine and blubber about the left cry even more. So run off and whine about the backwards thinking left somewhere else. Maybe Mommy or Teacher will be interested.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:46 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,904,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post

Capital letters don't make lies true. Sorry. Right-wing fail. I won't ask you to prove your claims, because I know you can't and besides asking denialists to support their claims just makes denialists whine and blubber about the left cry even more. So run off and whine about the backwards thinking left somewhere else. Maybe Mommy or Teacher will be interested.
Re-read his and your posts. Who is whining and crying here?

Old 10-15-2013, 12:51 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,793,258 times
Quote:
Quote:
It takes backward thinking leftists to believe ...
Mostly because it's also embarrassingly true.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:29 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,033,620 times
Quote:
By the way, right wingers claiming global warming is BS haven't got a leg to stand on.
There is nothing "right-wing" about being skeptical about global warming claims. That is simply good science and is a stance taken by many people regardless of their place on the political spectrum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies