Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 05:20 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times

Advertisements

So, should we remove children from parents as soon as they get divorced or a parent dies, or should we give it a 2 week grieving period?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 05:27 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Now that lgbt relationships are in the open, being formalized, there is more and more in various media outlets about lgbt divorce. The lgbt relationship is out in the open where it ought to be subject to the same inspection as otherss. The point being, that it is the human condition that leads to breakups and since lgbts are just like heterosexuals, their relationships and now marriages will fall part too.

So, you can put down that symbolic tired, rock of a deflective attack, Mr or Ms Glass House.

... or maybe the OP, you, and your ilk, simply target gays because you are bigoted?

Old 10-18-2013, 05:32 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Do a search I've started a topic about divorce. However it's the gays pushing their insidious agenda at the moment. So that's what I address from time to time.
Yes, gay couples adopting orphan children is "insidious."

What freak show universe are you from?

Old 10-18-2013, 05:36 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Yes, gay couples adopting orphan children is "insidious."

What freak show universe are you from?
Didn't you know that foster and group homes with no stability, neglect, and a lack of love are a much better solution than same-sex parents? My boyfriend suffered years of sexual, emotional, and physical abuse at the hands of his foster families and group homes, but nothing would have been worse than living with two parents who wanted him because they do icky gross things in bed sometimes.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:02 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Didn't you know that foster and group homes with no stability, neglect, and a lack of love are a much better solution than same-sex parents? My boyfriend suffered years of sexual, emotional, and physical abuse at the hands of his foster families and group homes, but nothing would have been worse than living with two parents who wanted him because they do icky gross things in bed sometimes.
Exactly. The only thing gross about the issue is the homophobic views of our resident haters around here.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:28 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
The study also didn't determine if the children of same sex couples were biological (surrogate/invetro), from a previous relationship (children who went through a divorce), or adopted.

Then there is this.
" There are a higher number of visible minority children for gay households
(28 % compared to 13 % for common law couples), and a higher number of
disabled children (13 % compared to 6 % for opposite sex married parents). This
may imply a high number of adopted children in gay households"
From the actual study, which you can see here The Douglas Allen study of Canadian children of gay/lesbian parents is worthless | Family Inequality (follow the link in the story)

Then there is the fact that all data for this study was pulled from the 2006 census. The same sex couples could have only been legally married for 1 year. They are reporting on children from 17 to 22 years old. So again, comparing children that were born inside of a legal marriage to children whose parents have been married for 1 year. We don't know about the relationships of the parents prior to when marriage was made legal in 2005.

Yet again, another study comparing apples to aardvarks.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:47 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Well, your comeback just proves the point I made. This is perhaps a little clearer exposition of what you could not understand.

Since lgbts are the same as a heterosexuals and since their relationships and or marriages are equal, and now more publicly visible and since all are equal as human beings. All will suffer the same divorce trends of the greater society. Now, explain to me how you get bigotry from that? One cannot be part of the whole, equal to the other elements of the whole, without being part of wholes trends.

No, you are too blinded by your misplaced hatred. I think that is your only purpose, or you are logic challenged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
... or maybe the OP, you, and your ilk, simply target gays because you are bigoted?

Old 10-18-2013, 06:49 AM

57,292 posts, read 26,206,502 times
They should be promoting 2 parent families period. Single parent families are the critical problem we are facing and that should be something people from all political backgrounds should address.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:57 AM

511 posts, read 799,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Can we have a discussion for once about such issues without the bigot term being thrown around? It's the equivalent of saying I'm a bigot because I don't support prostitution or wife swapping.

I believe the evidence is pretty clear on one front. Children raised in fatherless homes has a negative impact.

Quote:

Incarceration Rates. "Young men who grow up in homes without fathers are twice as likely to end up in jail as those who come from traditional two-parent families...those boys whose fathers were absent from the household had double the odds of being incarcerated -- even when other factors such as race, income, parent education and urban residence were held constant." (Cynthia Harper of the University of Pennsylvania and Sara S. McLanahan of Princeton University cited in "Father Absence and Youth Incarceration." Journal of Research on Adolescence 14 (September 2004): 369-397.)

Suicide. 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (Source: What Can the Federal Government Do To Decrease Crime and Revitalize Communities? - see link below)

Behavioral Disorders. 85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes (Source: What Can the Federal Government Do To Decrease Crime and Revitalize Communities? - see link below)

High School Dropouts. 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes (Source: What Can the Federal Government Do To Decrease Crime and Revitalize Communities? - see link below)

Statistics on Fatherless Children in America

And I'm not letting divorced people off the hook. Divorce bears most of the responsible for these social problems.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:08 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Can we have a discussion for once about such issues without the bigot term being thrown around? It's the equivalent of saying I'm a bigot because I don't support prostitution or wife swapping.

I believe the evidence is pretty clear on one front. Children raised in fatherless homes has a negative impact.

Statistics on Fatherless Children in America

And I'm not letting divorced people off the hook. Divorce bears most of the responsible for these social problems.
So, children of single parents are worse off than children of two parent homes.
Do you have any studies that show that it is the lack of a parent with a penis that is the problem, or that the problem is being raised by a single parent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies