Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 07:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,228,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
But then he started saying,

"You don't have a job and you live off the government, and the rest of us are going to pay for you?"
"46% of Americans pay no federal income tax, the rest of us support you."
ex.ex.ex.

The above philosophy's he is pushing are Fox news and Rush radio philosophies, this liar pretended to be politically neutral when he is not.
Can you show the math to disprove or prove the claims made?

Quote:
How can you afford to live on $17,000 a year paying federal taxes? You can't.
Yes, you can.

Suppose you want to apply for HUD Section 8 Housing. And suppose you're single. Answer this very simple multiple choice question:

What is the maximum amount of annual income you can earn to qualify for HUD Section 8?

a) $9,300
b) $53,460
c) Both A and B
d) None of the above

The correct answer is "C."

How is it possible that a single person can have an annual income of $9,300 and qualify for HUD Housing and also have an annual income of $53,460 and still qualify for HUD Housing?

Because $9,300 equals $53,460

It's an Economic Thing.....most people are totally clueless and wouldn't understand.

It's related to a concept called "Purchasing Power Parity" which is based on the Cost-of-Living.

In the united States, there are 1,539 separately functioning economies.

In some of those 1,539 separately functioning economies, the Cost-of-Living is so freaking low that the government has to cap the annual income for a single person at $9,300.

But.....in some of those 1,539 separately functioning economies, the Cost-of-Livins is so outrageously high, that the income limit for HUD Housing is capped at $53,460 ....

Because $9,300 equals $53,460

The "federal" government says that $11,400 is the Poverty Level for one person, but what ignorant people do not understand or refuse to understand, is that $11,400 is the average of all the Poverty Levels for all 1,539 separately functioning economies.

The true real Poverty Level for one person is ...

$6,038.85 per year in Cincinnati
$
21,861.80 per year in San Fransisco

In other words $6,038 in Cincinnati is equal to $21,861 in San Fransisco.

On $14,000 per year in Cincinnati, you can live damn good.

In Cincinnati, you can buy a house with a minimum wage job.

What does $14,000 do for you in San Fransisco?

Nothing. You'd be butt-hurt poor. You couldn't even rent an apartment on the federal minimum wage in San Fransisco.

So....when you say you cannot live on $17,000 a year, that depends on whether you're talking about

$17,000 Cincinnati Dollars
$17,000 San Fransisco Dollars
$17,000 Dothan (AL) Dollars
$17,000 Louisville Dollars
$17,000 Fort Dodge (IA) Dollars
$17,000 Naples (FL) Dollars

or whatever....because $17,000 does not necessarily equal $17,000.

Because...you see...$17,000 Cincinnati Dollars is equal to $61,500 San Fransisco Dollars

I got $17,000 Cincinnati Dollars, you got $61,500 San Fransisco Dollars, it's same-same....I drive the exact same car you drive, I use the exact same amount of gasoline every week, I got the exact same auto insurance coverage, we both wear the name brand clothes, shoes and everything else, you eat out 17 times a week, I eat out 17 times at week at the same places you do...same-same-same-same..

....the only difference is that I can do everything that you can do with $17,000, but you need $61,500.

And that is why everything "federal" is harmful and damaging to you and your family and friends and everyone on this forum and future generations.

Quote:
But if every large corporation disappeared tomorrow, there would be a shock, but the economy would still keep going.
Uh, actually it would crash and burn.

Quote:
How are we better off allowing those large corporations to keep that money?
Ask Zenith.

Oh, wait...you can't.....Zenith Corporation got bought out by a foreign corporation, namely Life's Good from South Korea.

Explain why corporations are sitting on piles of money and hoarding money.

There is a very valid, logical, legitimate reason, and it has to do with getting Zenithed.

Corporations do not want to get Zenithed.

Next time you're in McDonald's or Wal-Mart, ask the former Zenith union workers who lost their jobs when Zenith got eaten alive.

Corporations want to be Krogered, not Zenithed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Not a single lib watched the video.
There's no one to the right of me and I didn't watch it either.

That Dave Ramsey, is he the nauseating twit who used to have a radio show on investing or something?

I'd rather watch reruns of 'Charles In Charge'....

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 08:12 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,464,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Math doesn't matter. What's really important is that people get more handouts and that gays can marry.
That's pretty much the state of affairs these days in this country. I hear NBC is flying one of the homosexual anchors at MSNBC (they have several) over to Russia to cover a beauty pageant. I hope the Russians arrest him when he inevitably gets on his soap box.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:16 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,068,569 times
I just watched the video again for probably the 3rd time and I realize now that Dave Ramsey is probably the most scary and offensive person ever imagined if you're a liberal Democrat.

The facts that Dave points out about spending, saving, income, and living within your means by becoming debt free have got to be seen as the most insane things ever by the typical caged Democrat voter. I can completely see why they would hate and attack him and his message.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:19 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,749,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Uhh no. I am an engineer/programmer. I probably can explain it to you but it is so obvious that if you miss it you are not listening...And if you have Ramsey on your Altar I don't think there is any way I can talk you out of it. So why waste our time?
Can you draw us an Obamacare flow chart?

Old 10-20-2013, 09:32 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
C

There's no one to the right of me and I didn't watch it either.

That Dave Ramsey, is he the nauseating twit who used to have a radio show on investing or something?

Mircea
No, he has a radio show that teaches people how to be independent, take individual responsibility, and learn how to manage money wisely. He also has something called "financial peace university", which teaches people, again, how to get control of thier own finances, and even better, how to UNDERSTAND money and its management. You know, the stuff that grade school, high school, and colleges all fail to teach people.

If you think he's "nauseating" you need to redefine "nauseating".

And he DOES occasionally talk about investing, but he's not one of those "investment gurus" who promises to make everyone rich.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:25 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,998,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
That's pretty much the state of affairs these days in this country. I hear NBC is flying one of the homosexual anchors at MSNBC (they have several) over to Russia to cover a beauty pageant. I hope the Russians arrest him when he inevitably gets on his soap box.
It would look good on them.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:05 AM

27,240 posts, read 15,415,036 times
Quote:
But the 2016 republican presidential candidate will want to give the rich a multi-trillion dollar tax cut, just like Reagan did, just like GW Bush, and just like Romney wanted to do.

All I am saying is this. Those tax cuts get added to our national debt, they finance the building of US factories in Asia, and they buy the rich new jet airplanes.

Why not let the US government take in those tax revenues, and use that money to pay the increases in health premiums from Obamacare. And then use the remaining trillions of dollars to pay down our debt?

That way all of our friends and family will have health insurance, and we pay down our national debt at the same time.

Obama just gives them cash.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:50 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,231,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
No, he has a radio show that teaches people how to be independent, take individual responsibility, and learn how to manage money wisely. He also has something called "financial peace university", which teaches people, again, how to get control of thier own finances, and even better, how to UNDERSTAND money and its management. You know, the stuff that grade school, high school, and colleges all fail to teach people.

If you think he's "nauseating" you need to redefine "nauseating".

And he DOES occasionally talk about investing, but he's not one of those "investment gurus" who promises to make everyone rich.
He doesn't promise to make anyone rich because he evangelizes a method of debt repayment that keeps people in debt longer. He tells people to pay the lowest balance first regardless of interest rate, which is an insane strategy. He also doesn't seem to understand the difference between average and compound returns when drawing from an investment portfolio upon retirement.

He has a nice song and dance, but gives pretty poor advice.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:58 AM

89,366 posts, read 45,091,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
He doesn't promise to make anyone rich because he evangelizes a method of debt repayment that keeps people in debt longer. He tells people to pay the lowest balance first regardless of interest rate, which is an insane strategy.
Not familiar with him. Does he really do that? That's insane! ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS work at paying off the debt with the highest interest rate FIRST!!!

Old 10-22-2013, 07:04 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,245,330 times
Quote:
Here's an idea,

Lets not hand out the following $6.6 trillion dollars (that will finance the building of US factories in China, and buy the rich new jet airplanes.)

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Instead let the US government take in that $6.6 trillion dollars in tax revenues, and then use some of that money to pay off peoples increased healthcare costs. And then use the remaining money to pay down our national debt.

Then all of our uninsured friends and family members will have health insurance, and we pay down our national debt at the same time.

What problems would be created with the above idea?
Romney did not et elected we are not using romneys tax cut so there is no 6 trillion for the US to take
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies