Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 02:31 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,078,128 times

Advertisements

"A 2009 report by the Center for American Progress (CAP) examining the House and Senate bill eventually signed by President Barack Obama advocates pairing patients and doctors of the same race, a goal toward which the law channels taxpayer dollars. “There is… evidence that race concordance — defined as shared racial or ethnic identities between clinicians and patients — is related to patient reports of satisfaction, participatory decision making, timeliness of treatment, and trust in the health system,” the report reads. In other words, fixing the broken U.S. healthcare system means assigning Hispanic doctors to Hispanic patients, African American doctors to African American patients, Creole doctors to Creole patients, and so on. To accomplish this, the CAP report explains, Obamacare pours taxpayer dollars into affirmative-action candidates whose judgment will lead them to make life-or-death decisions. Ultimately, these taxpayer-funded grants would provide scholarships and loan forgiveness for minorities so they could provide healthcare services exclusively to their own race or ethnicity."

Obamacare seeks to segregate patients, doctors by race | The Daily Caller

That's right. Not only are you paying for Obamacare but you are paying for institutionalized racism. The Great Uniter keeps dividing us. How is that not racism? Do we not all have the same body parts and functions?

You can't tell me that there are people who post here who have only doctors that look just like they do. One of my doctors in my previous state was Middle Eastern (Egyptian, I think) and he became my doctor when my then Jewish doctor left to help the disadvantaged in Jamaica. He referred his patients to him because he used to fill in for him. Should I only have Italian-American doctors? I don't talk spaghetti and meatballs when I go to the doctor.

This begs another question. When you apply for Obamacare do they ask you for your race?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 02:36 PM

29,610 posts, read 16,602,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"A 2009 report by the Center for American Progress (CAP) examining the House and Senate bill eventually signed by President Barack Obama advocates pairing patients and doctors of the same race, a goal toward which the law channels taxpayer dollars. “There is… evidence that race concordance — defined as shared racial or ethnic identities between clinicians and patients — is related to patient reports of satisfaction, participatory decision making, timeliness of treatment, and trust in the health system,” the report reads. In other words, fixing the broken U.S. healthcare system means assigning Hispanic doctors to Hispanic patients, African American doctors to African American patients, Creole doctors to Creole patients, and so on. To accomplish this, the CAP report explains, Obamacare pours taxpayer dollars into affirmative-action candidates whose judgment will lead them to make life-or-death decisions. Ultimately, these taxpayer-funded grants would provide scholarships and loan forgiveness for minorities so they could provide healthcare services exclusively to their own race or ethnicity."

That's right. Not only are you paying for Obamacare but you are paying for institutionalized racism. The Great Uniter keeps dividing us. How is that not racism? Do we not all have the same body parts and functions?

You can't tell me that there are people who post here who have only doctors that look just like they do. One of my doctors in my previous state was Middle Eastern (Egyptian, I think) and he became my doctor when my then Jewish doctor left to help the disadvantaged in Jamaica. He referred his patients to him because he used to fill in for him. Should I only have Italian-American doctors? I don't talk spaghetti and meatballs when I go to the doctor.

This begs another question. When you apply for Obamacare do they ask you for your race?
Quote:
The people most in favor of diversity are the least tolerant of a diversity of ideas and opinion.

kind of funny how you race bait form both sides.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,824,882 times
[quote=LauraC;31900298

When you apply for Obamacare do they ask you for your race?[/quote]
__________________________________________________ _____________________
It's optional no different than your social security number.

ACA does not assign MDs to patients.

500 pound gorilla insurers establish proprietary PPO networks. No law requires an MD to be a part of a PPO. MDs opt in and out of PPO networks all the time.

You have been a victim of the ACA Misinformation Machine.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 10-21-2013 at 02:50 PM..

Old 10-21-2013, 02:42 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,847,370 times
Obamacare does not assign you a doctor so the premise of the OP is false.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:43 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,120,557 times
Talk about completely discordant logic. Got anymore lying articles for us to read?

Old 10-21-2013, 02:48 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,212,946 times
As a rule of thumb, affirmative action doctors are inferior. I know for a fact, because I taught medical students for 35 years and was on the promotions committees for years. The learning curve has been set accordingly (they got tired of letting affirmative action students take exams like, 3, 4, 5, 6 times til they passed - and let the whole education level go down to accomodate). I'd say about 30% of people in med school today simply don't belong there.

Moral of the story: Just to be on the safe side - white male doctor over 45 (at least) ONLY; and even then, check him out. I ain't kiddin. You'd be amazed at what gets into med school these days.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:51 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,481,238 times
Quote:

Wow. It is amazing what misinformation can do. Especially when it purposely twists the facts to convey a reality that doesn't exist. Then the present it as research. And then someone posts it on a forum. Echo.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:51 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,389,349 times
So some group suggests that people should be paired to doctors of their own race and some how this makes Obama a racist because he instituted Obamacare?

Old 10-21-2013, 02:53 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,481,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
As a rule of thumb, affirmative action doctors are inferior. I know for a fact, because I taught medical students for 35 years and was on the promotions committees for years. The learning curve has been set accordingly (they got tired of letting affirmative action students take exams like, 3, 4, 5, 6 times til they passed - and let the whole education level go down to accomodate). I'd say about 30% of people in med school today simply don't belong there.

Moral of the story: Just to be on the safe side - white male doctor over 45 (at least) ONLY; and even then, check him out. I ain't kiddin. You'd be amazed at what gets into med school these days.
Wow.

I think it is amazing that people lie on the internet just to try to prove a point.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:58 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,212,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post

I think it is amazing that people lie on the internet just to try to prove a point.

Hey babe...its YOUR life and YOUR body. You do what you want, and dont forget:

Get you information from MSNBC (or your social studies teacher - which ever applies).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies