Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 10:53 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,985 times

Advertisements

Again I continue to not understand the tea party. JP morgan has been accused by the DOJ of everything from lying to investors to manipulation of energy markets. I'm on the website Americanthinker, and all I'm seeing is defense of JP morgan, saying obama is trying to extort them. Blackrock is a financial institution that is suing JP for half of what the government is charging, because they accuse JP morgan of lying to them. Here is the funny thing, JP is not contesting any of these in court. They just finished a settlement of 13 billion dollars from the DOJ, and are in current negotiations with blackrock and other investors for 6 billion. Tea party claims to be for personal responsibility, but here I'm see right-wingers defending a company without actually defending any of the charges being brought against them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 10:56 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Who can be held "personally responsible" at a corporation? The CEO? Is that the same as holding the President of the United States "personally responsible" for the atrocities that happen under his watch? Are liberals now transitioning over to this theory? Be careful what you ask for.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:56 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
I don't know anything about the aforementioned legal disputes, but...

If they are settling, how are they not taking responsibility?

I think this is a thread fail.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:58 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
When did the Americanthinker website become the official representative of the Tea Party?

I can point to things said by Al Sharpton. Would those quotes from him became the official stance of black people?

Old 10-23-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

I think it's a "demonize the Tea Party" thread.

Let's take a look at two common goals, which are the top priorities, of the Tea Party.

1. Balanced budget.
2. Reduction of the national debt.

Does the OP disagree with these goals?

Old 10-23-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

i'm not saying JP morgan is failing to take responsibility, I meant the tea party is rushing to the defense of JP morgan, and i'm trying to figure out why? The writer of the article is upset and accusing obama and DOJ of extortion. JP morgan is accused of a laundry list of ****, and for some reason, they can't stand that the fact, the government is holding them accountable.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
i'm not saying JP morgan is failing to take responsibility, I meant the tea party is rushing to the defense of JP morgan, and i'm trying to figure out why? The writer of the article is upset and accusing obama and DOJ of extortion. JP morgan is accused of a laundry list of ****, and for some reason, they can't stand that the fact, the government is holding them accountable.
Please point to the official defense from the Tea Party.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Let's take a look at two common goals, which are the top priorities, of the Tea Party.

1. Balanced budget.

I have yet to see the tea party congress propose changes to Social Security, medicare and Medicaid, which are the largest drivers of our debt. When it comes to farm subsidies, the same ones who want to cut food stamps, have been taking government payments for their farms for years. what I also find funny is they you look at polls, and even tea party wants the government to their keep their hands of of thier Medicare. Spare me on the reduction of national debt nonsense. In your world, this is what I always here when it comes to cutting:

1. Reduce fraud, waste, and abuse
2. cut congress salaries
3. Eliminate all welfare,
4. End foreign aide.

Please, you guys are a bunch of frauds when it comes to caring about the debt. When I see the tea party ready to cut stuff they like, I will take you more seriously on fiscal matters.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:10 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,269,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

1. Balanced budget.

Whatever, the tea party wants to keep Medicare...which is driving our debt.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Who can be held "personally responsible" at a corporation? The CEO?
The corporation itself. No, the CEO does not have to pay the 13 billion of his own pocket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies