Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 11:02 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Because if they told the truth they would be unable to define the issues as they desire.

As I said early...most conservative views of liberals know no liberal. They are conservatives views of what liberals think.

There are of course weird liberals. And liberals should be held responsible for those views to the same degree conservatives are responsible for their lunatic fringe.

I know liberalism very well. I used to be one. After 20 years of arguing with them, nothing you say is any surprise, nor is it any less silly than it was the day I started thinking and stopped letting other people do my thinking for me.

And, conservatives DO INDEED know what liberals think and what they want, and how they arrived there. It's the first thing you need to know when you start talking with them.

Most (like you) get really, REALLY annoyed when we state what they all have in common. And then they bolt the conversation entirely, because it's... well.. .true.

Modern liberalism is as "illiberal" as you can get. That is, if you use "liberal" as defined by the dictionary. IF you use a dictionary from a century ago, it's even more starkly opposite. Modern liberals are defined by and are fiercely loyal to their unshakable belief in academia and philosophers as a superior form of understanding, that power is to be used to force the world to be "better" than it would be if people cold just do what they wanted, that government is the instrument of choice for any change, and that the reason they're opposed is due to character defect on the part of the dissidents.

No matter what you discuss with a liberal, he WILL retreat to those assumptions, no matter how loudly he may protest it's not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 11:05 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
First, it's stupid to ask how conservatives/liberals think since they're not some kind of borg like hive mind.
/insult fail

Quote:
Second, liberals don't supporting regulating everything. You can easily think of gay marriage where they don't want the government regulating what two people can get married.
Of course they do. Think before you post this kind of nonsense. OF COURSE LIBERALS WANT GOVERNMENT REGULATING WHO CAN GET MARRIED.

Quote:
Horrible thread. PLease think before you post garbage like this next time.
You would do well to take your own advice.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:09 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,946 times
When you learn how to quote my full post then I'l reply. It was 3 paragraphs. Anyone who has to quote each paragraph of one post individually is not intelligent enough to deserve a response.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:11 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,630 times
Quote:
When you learn how to quote my full post then I'l reply. It was 3 paragraphs. Anyone who has to quote each paragraph of one post individually is not intelligent enough to deserve a response.
Yet you responded.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:15 PM

I can't have responded to something that I didn't read. I typically refuse to respond to people when they do things like quote different sentences of the same post or when they quote the post that's immediately before their response. Stupid people don't learn unless it's pointed out to them that they're stupid.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
I can't have responded to something that I didn't read. I typically refuse to respond to people when they do things like quote different sentences of the same post or when they quote the post that's immediately before their response. Stupid people don't learn unless it's pointed out to them that they're stupid.
If that were true, there would be no liberals.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:23 PM

Actually, assuming any viewpoint of either conservative or liberal mindset proves you dot be what you're calling liberals. There are plenty of ideas from which we all benefit that are liberal or were at one point or another. Time to put away the childish emotion and think for yourself.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:24 PM

Don't reply to me anymore. I've placed you on ignore. Life is too short to waste on angry liberals!

Old 10-28-2013, 11:27 PM

Stupid people are the best. Once they can't justify their opinions with pure emotion, they throw a hissy fit like a little child. It brings a smile to my face.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:29 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
How about this:

I'll agree to say what I think... after you describe how it's any different to induce labor and "see if it makes it on its own" when you say that parents are free to expell children from their home and "see if they make it on their own".
Parents do that now. Haven't you ever heard of people putting kids up for adoption, or just plain old kicking out kids? The difference is anyone can care for a child once it is viable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies