Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 03:30 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Agree, and that law can be extended to when people call the tea part terrorist they get to spend time in the mountains with Al-Quaeda..... I'm liking it!
Hardly terrorists. Terrorists are scary .....tea party folks just simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 03:32 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Ah, I see today the regressive radical right is flipping from "Obama is a weak minded fool who can't lead", back to "Obama is a ruthless bullying dictator."

Old 10-30-2013, 03:56 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
There ought to be a law! Whenever anyone accuses any one else about being a nazi sympathizer, or collaborator should have to spend a day at the holocaust museum, or even better an actual death camp in Germany or Poland! Good grief people, there is NOTHING we are doing in any way in this country by EITHER party and or even in the crazy Tea Party that even slightly resembles the murder of 6 million people, after stripping them of their worldly goods, separating them from their family's, stripping them naked, performing acts of barbarism to their bodies, killing their children before their eyes, starving them to the point of being walking skeletons, then shoving them in gas chambers while guards sifted through their mouths to remove gold from their teeth, and made lampshades out of their skin! I am disgusted beyond belief when low class idiots cry Nazi anything when they haven't a clue what a Nazi truly was. SHUT THE .......UP, and go read a book!
Nazis passed laws allowing them to confiscate the businesses and wealth of Jews long before the Holocaust started.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:16 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
I'm not sure they are being bullied necessarily. After all, they are getting millions of new policy holders, at higher premiums and lower coverage. See my thread, Obamacare Flimflam...
No, they're losing policyholders that they have to cancel due to ObamaCare. How many new policyholders they gain will vary from company to company. Something people can't seem to understand is that they're now going to have to pay out a lot more in claims because they have to cover all pre-ex's. I guarantee you, the people with health problems and no insurance are the ones who are definitly signing up for coverage...the others, maybe, maybe not.

The problem is the things that the ACA needs to have happen for it to work, were figured with a best case scenario (and they're far from happening so far). The things that could it fail, are happening already and worse than expected. As examples, individual PPO plans have no maternity coverage...if kids are no longer an issue a PPO saved money, if they are, an HMO was better (at least for the wife), it covers maternity. All plans have to have maternity under the ACA, as a result, a lot of plans have to be canceled...there's nothing sub-standard about them. Another example, the website...no even anticipated that being screwed up...who would have figured.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sure.

The White House can't bully a nobody like Ted Cruz, but they can bully perhaps the wealthiest industry on the planet.

Lol...amazing.
I wish people could see this.....there are three industries involved here, the drug companies, the hospital systems and the health insurers (not the insurance industry). The big guns are the first two, that's why you hear nothing about them day one. Health insurers don't make the money life insurance companies make, their small potatoes among this group. As big as many think they are, they don't have the lobbying power the others have, that's why they're the bad guys throughout all of this.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:42 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Ah, I see today the regressive radical right is flipping from "Obama is a weak minded fool who can't lead", back to "Obama is a ruthless bullying dictator."
Both are true. Bullies are not smart or wise... They are not leaders.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:45 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Both are true.
Exactly. They're weak. That's why they bully. It's a dysfunctional defense mechanism. Psychology 101.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:53 PM

On the other hand, there are fewer and fewer health insurers each year. Back before HIPAA was passed in the late 90's, there were tons of small carriers (perfectly good companies), that created all the competition. The mandates that came with HIPAA, put them out of business but, not the big companies, they swallowed up all that business. The small carriers (that worked with re-insurers for large claims), kept the large carriers honest. ObamaCare is HIPAA times ten....no one seems to mention this...i guess many are too young to know about it or weren't pahing attention when it happened. Mention HIPAA doctor's office and the only thing they think it's about, is patient rights and privacy. That's section three, that was added in 2004. Parts one and two are about portability ( that's where all the premium increasing mandates are) and. Was in 97.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:01 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
"I'm not a bully -- look how thin my ankles are!"

-- Barack 'Beanpole' Obama

What is going on with the media? Jon Stewart is even poking fun at the Lyin' King, as is CBS. And now CNN?

At this point, I fully expect to see a unicorn flying in my backyard.

Shhh!
Unicorns are protected and if they find out you'll never get a permit for that extension.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:19 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Next , the IRS will go after them if they don't comply with strong arm Obama..

Dictator Obama using his power to keep people silent... what ever happened to freedom of speech?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies