Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 08:39 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
As for why plans are being cancelled.. simple, they were crap plans that didn't meet the standards set out in the ACA. .
So why did Obama lie and tell us we could keep our "crap plans"? Is it because he is a pathological liar? Or just ignorant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 08:41 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
It is absolutely incredible that anyone would believe that all those hospitals were all on anyone's previous health insurance network. I don't live in California so UCLA medical is not...and has never been in my insurance network.

I don't live in any of the states in which the 18 hospitals are located?

There are plent of quality hospitals in Texas that take care of the needs of Texans.
Quote:
Texas Hospitals at a Glance

Texas hospitals are a mix of facilities providing general acute-care, pediatric, long-term acute-care, psychiatric, rehabilitation and other specialized services. In 2012, Texas had 630 hospitals with 83,000 licensed beds.

About 27 percent of Texas hospitals are located in rural areas, and more than 73 percent are in urban areas. According to a 2012 Texas Department of State Health Services report, Harris County (Houston) had the highest number of hospitals with 80, followed by Dallas County with 42, Tarrant County (Fort Worth) with 39 and Bexar County San Antonio with 32.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:41 PM

577 posts, read 436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Apparently you don't know how hospitals work either, you think they can't fill their beds without Obamacare... You think its better to have filled beds with medicaid patients then private insurance? The hospitals don't have problems filling beds before or after Obamacare period...

To add to that, if they fill their beds but won't take peoples insurance they would be hard pressed to get payment from those patients who most likely can't afford the either out of network copays or the direct billing.

So ultimately hospitals will have to play ball with as many insurance companies as possible ....

Old 10-31-2013, 08:42 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proud2beamom View Post
as for why plans are being cancelled.. Simple, they were crap plans that didn't meet the standards set out in the aca.
totally false!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-31-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So why did Obama lie and tell us we could keep our "crap plans"? Is it because he is a pathological liar? Or just ignorant?

I don't know.. maybe because there was so much venom out there about it because so many had been lied to and told untrue "horror" stories about it that stating that "most" as opposed to "all" .. the public wasn't ready to hear it.

Regardless of what he said or didn't say.. ultimately loosing the plans because they do not comply is a good thing for those that are losing it.. as again..it means that it was crap and left them financially vulnerable.

I would have preferred if he would have said "most" .. because , of course, this is just another thing those opposed to it are pouncing on to try to further prove their "case" against Obamacare.

Although, I have to say that the "case" against Obamacare in light of actual facts.. is pretty thin.

It's not perfect.. but its nowhere near as awful as many have been led to believe by Republicans.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:48 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
To add to that, if they fill their beds but won't take peoples insurance they would be hard pressed to get payment from those patients who most likely can't afford the either out of network copays or the direct billing.

So ultimately hospitals will have to play ball with as many insurance companies as possible ....
I can't believe a liberal would create an account solely to lie to people... New low...

Old 10-31-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
totally false!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prove that it's false..

Take one of those plans that were "cancelled' and compare it to the standards set in the ACA.. then come back and tell me HOW That plan actually complies with the minimum standards.

You saying it's FALSE ..doesn't make it so. You want to prove me wrong.. then do just that..

go get the FREE copy of the ACA .. look up the minimum requirments of the plans..then compare it to one that someone was told is "cancelled" and then tell me how it actually DOES comply..

Because why would an insurance company cancel a plan that IS in compliance? That would make absolutely no sense whatsoever....

Old 10-31-2013, 08:52 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,771 times
Quote:

Not necessarily. If they don't take exchange plans people won't go there for non-emergency care, and if they do accept exchange plans below their normal price, they'll be concerned it will open the floodgates for the same companies to demand the same discounts for the bigger and more important employer-sponsored plans.

It then becomes a decision on whether the administrators think it is more important to fill beds with paying patients or to protect margins, and how that will play out is anyone's guess and will likely vary hospital by hospital.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:53 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
I don't know.. maybe because there was so much venom out there about it because so many had been lied to and told untrue "horror" stories about it that stating that "most" as opposed to "all" .. the public wasn't ready to hear it.
So you are OK with a president that tells us lies over and over again? Pathetic.

But I understand. Obama lies so often that it has become normal behavior.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
Not necessarily. If they don't take exchange plans people won't go there for non-emergency care, and if they do accept exchange plans below their normal price, they'll be concerned it will open the floodgates for the same companies to demand the same discounts for the bigger and more important employer-sponsored plans.

It then becomes a decision on whether the administrators think it is more important to fill beds with paying patients or to protect margins, and how that will play out is anyone's guess and will likely vary hospital by hospital.

Yeah, I can agree with that.

but the doomsday they are trying to perpetuate on here is a little ridiculous. As many have stated, networks out of networks.. it's all been that way since.. well for a long time.

I bet you many don't even realize that while a Dr. may be in network not every doctor in the hospital is in network and so when you go to an in-network hospital you may be seen by an out-of-network doctor and billed as such.

I think ultimately it will be okay. There will be some adjustment period.. as change is quite often uncomfortable, but eventually things will even out and work out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies