Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 06:40 AM

525 posts, read 508,805 times

Advertisements

I usually watch Maddow and Last Word on MSNBC a few times a week just to see what the other side is saying. Last night, Maddow had a fairly lengthy segment about Rand Paul plagiarizing from Wikipedia. Now, I do think that this is pretty embarrassing for Rand but let's prioritize our criticism.

On one hand you have the president of the United States telling American citizens a blatant lie about keeping health insurance plans they are happy with. A lie that he is being grilled on daily and of the utmost political relevance. The man told an outright lie..point blank.

Yet Maddow thinks it's more of an issue that Rand Paul's speechwriter copied something from Wikipedia. An offense that harms no one, nor does it cost them in any way.

I'm no media analyst...but I think I can pinpoint why their ratings are in the crapper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 06:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
I usually watch Maddow and Last Word on MSNBC a few times a week just to see what the other side is saying. Last night, Maddow had a fairly lengthy segment about Rand Paul plagiarizing from Wikipedia. Now, I do think that this is pretty embarrassing for Rand but let's prioritize our criticism.

On one hand you have the president of the United States telling American citizens a blatant lie about keeping health insurance plans they are happy with. A lie that he is being grilled on daily and of the utmost political relevance. The man told an outright lie..point blank.

Yet Maddow thinks it's more of an issue that Rand Paul's speechwriter copied something from Wikipedia. An offense that harms no one, nor does it cost them in any way.

I'm no media analyst...but I think I can pinpoint why their ratings are in the crapper.
Can you really just keep repeating the same thing over and over, ad nauseum? Don't you sometimes have to discuss, you know, issues other than Obamacare?

My 93 y/o father has Fox on 24/7 and they just keep repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and you get the picture.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Can you really just keep repeating the same thing over and over, ad nauseum? Don't you sometimes have to discuss, you know, issues other than Obamacare?

My 93 y/o father has Fox on 24/7 and they just keep repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and you get the picture.
It's politically relevant right now.

Do you think Rand Paul's issue is more relevant than the botched exchange, people all over America losing policies they like, and telling a blatant lie to Americans to sell snake oil?

Obama is culpable...sorry if that gets your thong all bunched up.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:48 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
She's not happy that Rand isn't backing the libertarian in Virginia. She believes in the "vote siphoning" conspiracy theory (ergo the Madcow moniker)

Old 10-30-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:

Do you think Rand Paul's issue is more relevant than the botched exchange, people all over America losing policies they like, and telling a blatant lie to Americans to sell snake oil?

Please keep on topic. My thong has nothing to do with it.

I stand by my statement. It is not possible to discuss Obamacare 24/7. Do you believe that there is other news taking place in the world?

Or are you just trapped in the Fox bubble?

Old 10-30-2013, 06:52 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:

To a thinking person, Rand Nut is eminently "Hee Hawable".

Old 10-30-2013, 06:53 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:

Do you think Rand Paul's issue is more relevant than the botched exchange, people all over America losing policies they like, and telling a blatant lie to Americans?

Yes let's devote yet another hour to the ACA, it hasn't been covered enough. There are plenty of issues more meaningful that she brings up but Paul's phony cut and paste is news worthy not to mention it sounded very weird to say the least. Bringing up Gattaca is rather strange in any speech (did more than 10 people watch that movie), but expecting that no one would research that line is a gross underestimation.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Please keep on topic. My thong has nothing to do with it.

I stand by my statement. It is not possible to discuss Obamacare 24/7. Do you believe that there is other news taking place in the world?

Or are you just trapped in the Fox bubble?
This is a political forum and I'm discussing the most politically relevant topic. I'm sorry that you don't like it.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes let's devote yet another hour to the ACA, it hasn't been covered enough. There are plenty of issues more meaningful that she brings up but Paul's phony cut and paste is news worthy not to mention it sounded very weird to say the least. Bringing up Gattaca is rather strange in any speech (did more than 10 people watch that movie), but expecting that no one would research that line is a gross underestimation.
ACA is a takeover of 1/6 of our national economy. You think a gattaca reference and Wikipedia plagiarism is comparable?

But yeah.....Gattaca? Lol kinda weird...irrelevant in the grand scheme of things...but weird.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
This is a political forum and I'm discussing the most politically relevant topic. I'm sorry that you don't like it.
Actually, I love it. It's my favorite thread so far.

Good work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies