Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 05:07 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,748,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Syrians and Somalis supported Apartheid?
the support shira law..same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Yes of course, we all came from the Netherlands, except those from Britain, France, Germany, Ireland, Scotland, Belgium, Italy, Portugal, Spain, well pretty much the whole of Europe.

I must be very lucky as a white person that has NEVER been threatened by a black man ever, maybe it is because I treat them no differently than anyone else.

Sure we have our differences, but to infer a few nut cases are the norm seems rather silly. Yes these crimes happen but dig a bit deeper and you find folk typically like your RWNJs that hate black folk for no other reason than they are black.

The majority have adapted and moved on but the only partial truth in the report is that the ANC led government is corrupt and inept. So what is new in a post colonial African country, this is par for the course. There are ZERO success stories of countries north of the Limpopo. It seems the US has the similar complaints of their government as do the UK and so on.

Perhaps the poster I replied to can tell me which of my heritage countries I should apply to go back to if I wanted out?

Netherlands
Ireland
Germany
France

(These are the ones I know of. Past my grandparents, I have no idea what their lineage may have been)

Don't you now feel stupid at your obvious ignorance?

I am English speaking with Afrikaans roots and those roots probably like yours, trace back to multiple ethnicities.

As for that lame comment of a whistle blowing, there were laws much like your Jim Crow laws and about the same time. I was not living in SA at that time but in what is now known as Zambia.Every Brit colony had separation of the races by way of public utilities, buses, schools and so on.

FYI, Apartheid was an invention of the Brits not Afrikaners. The Afrikaner's simply gave it a name and does "separate but equal" ring a bell? Same stuff.

Seems SA was ahead of the US in total abolition of slavery, another one of Britain's legacies who also banned it eventually.

Yes they have silly affirmative action (AA) policies which were supposed to redress inequalities but that has simply turned out to be a jobs for mates program. AA is supposed to enable minorities not protect the majority from the minorities.

As for the crime rates, most of it is black on black. It is easy to distort the facts when you are unaware of how it really is.

The only real thing that changed in SA is the colour of the phat cats. The average black person is in fact worse off 20 years later as few of the promises made have actually come to fruition. They have housing for the poor with 99 year leases and when the occupant dies it reverts back to the state. I think in the US your "projects" would fall under the same category.

Based on your many school shootings, we probably have safer schools in that regard. The worst here was some white kid who took out another kid with a samurai sword who was white.

Tell that to the farmers who are being murdered..

Old 11-06-2013, 05:54 PM

11,361 posts, read 16,727,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Why don't these people go back to the Netherlands? They're all of Dutch decent, aren't they?

In any case, crime happens everywhere, and paybacks are a b itch.

I met a few white south africans decades ago. They were visiting the US and my husband and I picked them up hitchhiking with their backpacks. They got into the car and, of course, we were interested to hear what it was like in south africa. All they could talk about was how nice it was; a whistle blew at a certain hour and all the blacks had to be indoors after hearing the whistle. They were so proud of that!

Needless to say, my husband and I looked at each other, and without a word being spoken between us, he pulled over to the side of the road and told them to get out. blech; made me want to throw up.
So when are you going back to the country your ancestors came from?

Old 11-06-2013, 06:53 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,951,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
the support shira law..same thing.
No. Actually... it is not.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:48 PM

22,666 posts, read 24,632,000 times
AH, South Africa, the next Zimbabwe...or maybe even worse, they will soon resemble Detroitbabwe.

Both go from being very, very productive to being very Mad Max'ish. But that is ok....evil Whitey gets his comeuppance and the Libruuuls have another charity case that will make them feel oh-so righteous.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
No. Actually... it is not.
No it is, a social and legal system to exclude persons who do not follow their views..

Old 11-06-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
AH, South Africa, the next Zimbabwe...or maybe even worse, they will soon resemble Detroitbabwe.

Both go from being very, very productive to being very Mad Max'ish. But that is ok....evil Whitey gets his comeuppance and the Libruuuls have another charity case that will make them feel oh-so righteous.
Statism, and Liberalism kill everything it touches.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,241,592 times
Quote:

Damn right. At least you understand the notion of comeuppance. That word doesn't exist for nothing. It exists and for good reason.

White South Africans could've avoided all of this decades ago by getting out ahead of it. But instead, they tried to hold onto apartheid until the bitter end. Well there's a price to pay for that, and Australia shouldn't shoulder the bill.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:24 PM

22,666 posts, read 24,632,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Damn right. At least you understand the notion of comeuppance. That word doesn't exist for nothing. It exists and for good reason.

White South Africans could've avoided all of this decades ago by getting out ahead of it. But instead, they tried to hold onto apartheid until the bitter end. Well there's a price to pay for that, and Australia shouldn't shoulder the bill.

Yes....and SA will eventually resemble your nightmarish namesake.

SA is worse off...and will be so for the next 100000000 years, no biggie!

Old 11-06-2013, 11:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,241,592 times
Quote:
Yes....and SA will eventually resemble your nightmarish namesake.

SA is worse off...and will be so for the next 100000000 years, no biggie!
My namesake? Really? Whatever you say.

Bottom line is that they ain't getting into Australia, and that's all that matters. They should have to clean up the mess they made in South Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies