Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 06:45 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Man likes to change definitions from time to time, in order to fool the masses.

It's like New Coke... it sucked.
Haha, oh my god, this is pure comedy gold. You are too funny.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:46 PM

904 posts, read 687,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Life site news? Biased much? What people have been fined and for what?
Many of those who have persisted in voicing their dissent have been subjected to investigations by human rights commissions and (in some cases) proceedings before human rights tribunals. Those who are poor, poorly educated, and without institutional affiliation have been particularly easy targets—anti-discrimination laws are not always applied evenly. Some have been ordered to pay fines, make apologies, and undertake never to speak publicly on such matters again. Targets have included individuals writing letters to the editors of local newspapers, and ministers of small congregations of Christians. A Catholic bishop faced two complaints—both eventually withdrawn—prompted by comments he made in a pastoral letter about marriage.

Reviewing courts have begun to rein in the commissions and tribunals (particularly since some ill-advised proceedings against Mark Steyn and Maclean’s magazine in 2009), and restore a more capacious view of freedom of speech. And in response to the public outcry following the Steyn/Maclean’s affair, the Parliament of Canada recently revoked the Canadian Human Rights Commission’s statutory jurisdiction to pursue “hate speech.”

But the financial cost of fighting the human rights machine remains enormous—Maclean’s spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees, none of which is recoverable from the commissions, tribunals, or complainants. And these cases can take up to a decade to resolve. An ordinary person with few resources who has drawn the attention of a human rights commission has no hope of appealing to the courts for relief; such a person can only accept the admonition of the commission, pay a (comparatively) small fine, and then observe the directive to remain forever silent. As long as these tools remain at the disposal of the commissions—for whom the new orthodoxy gives no theoretical basis to tolerate dissent—to engage in public discussion about same-sex marriage is to court ruin.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Then you are a law unto yourself. For now. Enjoy your freedom.
Did someone make your marriage illegal and void or something?

Old 11-06-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am pretty sure your just dead at that point, not so much a reckoning day, more like brain waves firing off until they stop.
Pretty sure?

Spirit energy only dies upon request, due to the burden of past acts. It is more merciful that way.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Did someone make your marriage illegal and void or something?
Not following.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not at all.... These things are all part of our nature...Humans were never meant to be monogamous, and we don't do very well at it....None of our ape cousins are monogamous, so why should we go against our ape nature.
So you don't have self control? Been Monogamous for 30 yrs. myself.

Was a rabid fornicator before... but that cuz the ladies were temptresses and wouldn't leave me alone.

I don't buy into that Ape crap.

I have to cut my hair.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Pretty sure?

Spirit energy only dies upon request, due to the burden of past acts. It is more merciful that way.
Spirit energy, did you learn about that during a bong hit?

Old 11-06-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:

Was a rabid fornicator before... but that cuz the ladies were temptresses and wouldn't leave me alone.

I have to cut my hair.
Oh my god, you are a sinner who will obviously be judged by your creator for all of that unwed fornicating. .

Old 11-06-2013, 06:54 PM

33,554 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Who isn't. A bias is no more than an opinion, not of your own.
Yes life site news is opinion riddled with lies...Just another lying for jesus web site.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:55 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:

I have to cut my hair.

so the ladies were temptresses? you had no control over yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies