Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 10:30 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,594,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
As an Example: On C-D I haven't seen any gays say anything nice about God, claim their belief in God or anything nice about Christians. Now out in the real world I've meet gays and they happen to be nice people, but they're not Christians, is this my fault? I hear there are gay Christians seems they are few and far between, I didn't say one could not be gay and Christian, neither has God, we all start from some where.

Did you know some gays think Christians are icky......two way street can be paved with hate now can't it?
Wow, well I am gay and minister to a large church. I say something nice about God every week when I preach, plus whenever I get the chance. The denomination I am with is quite large and I know of other gay/lesbian/transgender minister's and we all have nice things to say about God... though to be honest we all do criticise hypocritical Christian's, you know the ones that hate, exclude etc. all in the name of Jesus.

I don't think that makes us anti-Christian, rather anti-hypocrite.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:38 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,230,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It's the gay in government that are destroying the country. Especially head gay in office.
Nah, it's people who really have no business spreading their nonsense who have found an outlet to pollute the minds of people in this nation on a large scale. You can blame the internet for giving a voice that has the potential to reach everyone to even the most idiotic moron in this country.

In the past, these people existed on the fringe of society - where they belong - and nobody gave a hoot. Now you are exposed to their mindless drivel every single day.

And that is far more harmful than any "gay in government" could ever be as a result of simply being gay.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:39 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,259,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I don't know if there's proof. Those who believe know the answer, and for them, for believers in GOD, know HE existed and exists today. The GOD I know, however, is loving and compassionate, and forgiving. Forgiving even of those who take HIS name in vain and who hate and/or are intolerant.
Okay, but you didn't need to let me or anyone else know of your beliefs, IMO, those are personal and private.

What gives a charitable organization the right to tell someone in need that they must believe in God before assistance can be administered? That's why I washed my hands w/ the army years and years ago, that, along with their anti gay stance was their nail in the coffin with me.

In fact, when we needed assistance, my spouses Catholic church gave us assistance which was unconditional.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:39 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,361,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Please prove that there is a GOD or that God ever existed.
I thought the Left wasn't Godless? I don't need to prove it to you.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:41 AM

78,734 posts, read 60,939,328 times
Please move this to the theology forum....it's clearly gone off the rails....beating a dead horse we already covered a year or more ago.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I don't know if there's proof. Those who believe know the answer, and for them, for believers in GOD, know HE existed and exists today. The GOD I know, however, is loving and compassionate, and forgiving. Forgiving even of those who take HIS name in vain and who hate and/or are intolerant.
But you must ask His forgiveness. You do that by asking Christ in your life and confessing your sins before Him.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I thought the Left wasn't Godless? I don't need to prove it to you.
Where did you hear that garbage from?

Old 11-08-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Okay, but you didn't need to let me or anyone else know of your beliefs, IMO, those are personal and private.

What gives a charitable organization the right to tell someone in need that they must believe in God before assistance can be administered?
They don't have that right, if that's what they are doing. That isn't Christ like. Beliefe must come from the heart. It is not something you can force on someone. That would not be genuine Faith anyway.

God must change your heart. Then when He does, you will know, and you then ask him into your life and are saved.

Quote:
That's why I washed my hands w/ the army years and years ago, that, along with their anti gay stance was their nail in the coffin with me.

In fact, when we needed assistance, my spouses Catholic church gave us assistance which was unconditional.
That is the way it should be done.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:48 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,255,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
As an Example: On C-D I haven't seen any gays say anything nice about God, claim their belief in God or anything nice about Christians. Now out in the real world I've meet gays and they happen to be nice people, but they're not Christians, is this my fault? I hear there are gay Christians seems they are few and far between, I didn't say one could not be gay and Christian, neither has God, we all start from some where.

Did you know some gays think Christians are icky......two way street can be paved with hate now can't it?
I'm a lesbian and don't think Christians are icky. The only time I bring up religion in regards to homosexuality is when some Christians are fighting to prevent the secular laws of this country from treating me equally because of their personal religious beliefs.

Keep YOUR religious beliefs in your own life and out of mine, and I have no issue with you or your beliefs.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
They don't have that right, if that's what they are doing. That isn't Christ like. Beliefe must come from the heart. It is not something you can force on someone. That would not be genuine Faith anyway.

God must change your heart. Then when He does, you will know, and you then ask him into your life and are saved.

That is the way it should be done.
Please, spare us from the BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies