Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 02:07 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
The spokesperson who was doing the interview said it, so yes they did; however, the top execs of the SA didn't say, so you're half right.

Old or not, it's still disgusting that thinking like this exists.

What I find disgusting is that you would repeat this hateful lie.

"Salvation Army went on record recently, stating that LGBTQ parents should be put to death as the bible instructs."

I suppose that if you are too lazy to actually read the section of the Bible referenced, you might come away with the impression that the Bible calls for the execution of homosexuals, but worthy of death (an intrinsic characteristic of all sinners) is not the same as "should be put to death" by Salvation Army members, or anyone else for that matter.

Romans, Chapter 1 (King James Bible)

Old 11-10-2013, 02:31 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What I find disgusting is that you would repeat this hateful lie.

"Salvation Army went on record recently, stating that LGBTQ parents should be put to death as the bible instructs."

I suppose that if you are too lazy to actually read the section of the Bible referenced, you might come away with the impression that the Bible calls for the execution of homosexuals, but worthy of death (an intrinsic characteristic of all sinners) is not the same as "should be put to death" by Salvation Army members, or anyone else for that matter.

Romans, Chapter 1 (King James Bible)
You're wasting your time. He's liberal. The facts don't matter to him. Ideology over reality is the liberal credo.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:30 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No it is not true...Homosexuality is not a choice, the best a gay person can do is suppress acting on same sex attractions, but the attraction remains...As far as Jesus is concerned he is nothing but a part of an impotent myth..Myths can do nothing except perhaps fool the gullible and entertain the rest of us.
You just said it yourself.. it is uncontrollable lust. It can be defeated. The tearing down of strongholds.

II Corinthians 10:4
Parallel Verses
New International Version
The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
New Living Translation
We use God's mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments.
5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
English Standard Version
For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:54 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Leviticus actually says that a man who lays with another man shall be put to death. So if you believe the Bible is the word of God, you have to believe that gays should be executed. That's the problem with literal interpretations and believing that the Bible was written by God...

Leviticus 20:13: Concerning homosexuality

NKJV: (New King James Version) "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."
Something I wrote a while back:

Why Leviticus 18:22 is not about "gay" men:

Find Leviticus Chapter 18 here
http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible...&v=1&t=YLT#top

After the command not to give your offspring over to Molech in verse 21, there is a pause and a change of direction where it says "I am the Lord" - Meaning "I, not Molech, am the Lord. Ie, they are being reminded who is God and not to go worship other gods like Molech. That is obvious.

My argument (and not just mine) is that the change of direction goes on to refer to temple prostitution from verse 21 about giving children over to Molech (who is associated in several places in the OT with mentions of giving over sons and daughters to be male and female temple prostitutes) then male temple prostitutes (22), then female temple prostitutes (who also had anal sex with men as well as with animals to worship the gods) (23).

Look up references to Molech in the OT to see the connection to shrine prostitutes HERE: Blue Letter Bible - Search Results for NASB.

Read a brief summary of the historical and cultural context of ancient Canaan, makes it very obvious what the texts are referring to Leviticus 18:21, 22, 23 and 24.

Canaanite culture and religion

Leviticus 18:21 was about not giving sons and daughters over to worship of Molech
Leviticus 18:22 was specifically about male temple prostitutes (qadesh).
Leviticus 18:23 was specifically about female temple prostitutes (qadesha)
Leviticus 18:24 was about warning that other nations (Egypt and Canaan) became defiled by worshipping other gods so don't follow their practices.

There are more than half a dozen verses in the OT about not giving over sons and daughters to be temple or cult prostitutes, yet never again outside Leviticus does it state that men should not lie with a male and women should not lie with an animal.

eg Deut 23:17: "None of the daughters of Israel shall be a cult prostitute (6948), nor shall any of the sons of Israel be a cult (6945) prostitute.

Stongs 6945: qadesh - male temple prostitute

Strongs 6948: qĕdeshah - female temple prostitute.

(Strong's Number H6945 matches the Hebrew קָדֵשׁ (qadesh), which occurs 23 times in 9 verses in the Hebrew concordance)

In Leviticus 20:13 the context is also Molech worship.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Lev&c=20&t=NASB#2

To me, it's so obvious that Lev 18:22 and 20:13 are references to male temple prostitutes when you follow simple honest Biblical hermeneutics. That's not a blanket discription of homosexuals or 21st century gay men.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:04 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You just said it yourself.. it is uncontrollable lust. It can be defeated. The tearing down of strongholds.
Nope. That's not what the poster said. You're just uncontrollably obsessed with sex and lust so you see it everywhere.

You can defeat your obsession- but you will need to stop posting on forums about sex and lust all the time and then take the time to educate yourself.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:11 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Fortunately, those of Christian faith I find around me generally aren't anything like the people I encounter on here.
LOL That probably is an indication that they are only "nominal Christians."

I think it is very telling that non-believers find the Word of God so offensive. But, Jesus told us that would be the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies