Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 07:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,916,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
Touche! But what I really want to know is if this is such a good law why did they force us to buy it? Another thing maybe I can buy one of Mwongo's Yugo's with my 2500 dollar savings
wait, you want to PAY $2500 for a yugo? did you vote for obama twice?jk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 10:07 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,964,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
It's like requiring State Farm to only sell full coverage policies with rental car coverage, roadside assistance and other bells & whistles included. Sure, it's "better" coverage, but maybe you were doing fine with your liability only policy on your paid-for 1998 Honda Accord that you only drive on weekends.
Yeah. This is the issue I have with the current situation of it. Take single women with no kids for instance, they wont need prostate examinations, they still have to pay for them on their plans through Obamacare. Obviously, single men have much more coverage they now need to pay for they wont even use. I don't know why this was something the public needed and haven't heard a good enough argument for it.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:13 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,723,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yeah. This is the issue I have with the current situation of it. Take single women with no kids for instance, they wont need prostate examinations, they still have to pay for them on their plans through Obamacare. Obviously, single men have much more coverage they now need to pay for they wont even use. I don't know why this was something the public needed and haven't heard a good enough argument for it.
It's part of the plan to level the field, to re-distribute 'wealth'; it's to help pay for Obamacare. Sort of like a "one size fits all" sweater. As one dissapointed woman said on TV, talking about having lost her coverage:
"My taxes will subsidize Obama's coverage, but I don't get any subsidy; that makes me angry."

Any wonder people are angry. This thing is unraveling and our President has lost his charm and all his credibility. The suit is empty after all.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:23 PM

29,860 posts, read 24,990,715 times
Any possibility on taking this "really good product" back to the store for a full refund?

Old 11-08-2013, 08:32 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,314,554 times
Why would you want to return a product that looks so good on TV?

Old 11-08-2013, 11:12 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,964,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It's part of the plan to level the field, to re-distribute 'wealth'; it's to help pay for Obamacare. Sort of like a "one size fits all" sweater. As one dissapointed woman said on TV, talking about having lost her coverage:
"My taxes will subsidize Obama's coverage, but I don't get any subsidy; that makes me angry."

Any wonder people are angry. This thing is unraveling and our President has lost his charm and all his credibility. The suit is empty after all.
I can say his charm never worked on me. I saw through the front somehow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies