Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 10:52 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,794,968 times

Advertisements

A "good" product???

What good product would that be?

A mandatory insurance plan that usually forces you out of the plan you wanted, and costs more, and has higher deductibles than you were paying, and has features you'll never use but requires that you pay for them, or face stiff penalties?

If that's "good", I'd hate to see what these people consider "bad".

Sure, the website is a train wreck. But that's actually the least of Obamacare's problems.

In fact, Obamacare is something that most people don't want, have never wanted, and resent being forced into against their will. Even if the website worked perfectly, people still wouldn't want it.

And the Obamanites knew that going in. Why else did they feel they had to make it mandatory? Because they knew people wouldn't sign up, unless they were forced to.

Obama said long ago, that he and his cronies were on the verge of fundamentally transforming the United States of America. And he meant it.

And now the American people are finding out just what he intended to transform it to... and they don't want any part of it.

-----------------------------------------------

Obama on O'care: "Like having a really good product in a store and the cash registers don't work" - Greg Hengler

Obama on O'care: "Like having a really good product in a store and the cash registers don't work"

Greg Hengler | Nov 07, 2013

"...and there aren't enough parking spots and nobody can get through the door."

Obama on O'care: "Like having a really good product in a store and the cash registers don't work" - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 10:58 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,234,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
A "good" product???

A mandatory insurance plan that usually forces you out of the plan you wanted, and costs more, and has higher deductibles than you were paying, and has features you'll never use but requires that you pay for them, or face stiff penalties?

Sure, the website is a train wreck. But that's actually the least of Obamacare's problems.

In fact, Obamacare is something that most people don't want, have never wanted, and resent being forced into against their will. Even if the website worked perfectly, people still wouldn't want it.

And the Obamanites knew that going in. Why else did they feel they had to make it mandatory? Because they knew people wouldn't sign up, unless they were forced to.

Obama said long ago, that he and his cronies were on the verge of fundamentally transforming the United States of America. And he meant it.

And now the American people are finding out just what he intended to transform it to... and they don't want any part of it.

Obama on O'care: "Like having a really good product in a store and the cash registers don't work" - Greg Hengler

Obama on O'care: "Like having a really good product in a store and the cash registers don't work"

Obama on O'care: "Like having a really good product in a store and the cash registers don't work" - YouTube
Like having a really good product in store that is not really good, you are forced to go into the store whether you want to or not , forced to pay a terribly high price for product you do not want. If you decide not to buy it the fine you on the way out the door.
A store most of us would drive right by

Old 11-07-2013, 11:00 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,933,857 times
It like all wealth sharing is just a shift fro those who can pay (in government opinion) to those who can't because of income level or health risk. Like all one size fits all its not the most efficient coverage for everyone in the fixed mandates.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:26 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,938,759 times
I see Obamacare as any new device at launch. Say iPhone 5 with the Apple Maps issues. There will be issues with them upon rollout. Then based on feedback they need to fix it. After that, it should be fine. I don't mind Obama thinking the law works, he did push for it and signed it after all. What I do mind is the whole "you have your plan and like it, you can keep it (so long as it matches Obamacare standards)" lie and redirect.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:32 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times
actually obamacare is more like a new store grand opening with a horrible product, and no registers to record any sales, and no prices to give to the customers. its a charlie foxtrot all the way around.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually obamacare is more like a new store grand opening with a horrible product, and no registers to record any sales, and no prices to give to the customers. its a charlie foxtrot all the way around.
the website issues I can agree with the problems, the price is a little too high (even with subsidies) but the issues of the website can be fixed (hopefully soon.)

Old 11-07-2013, 11:41 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,148,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I see Obamacare as any new device at launch. Say iPhone 5 with the Apple Maps issues. There will be issues with them upon rollout. Then based on feedback they need to fix it. After that, it should be fine. I don't mind Obama thinking the law works, he did push for it and signed it after all. What I do mind is the whole "you have your plan and like it, you can keep it (so long as it matches Obamacare standards)" lie and redirect.
I've never had an iPhone... should we be forced to buy one?

Old 11-07-2013, 11:43 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,028,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
A "good" product???

Kinda, and then it's like getting that product home and finding it it cost twice as much and does things you don't need and doesn't do things you do need, but yet you're stuck with it.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I've never had an iPhone... should we be forced to buy one?
If you talk to Apple fans, everyone should have their products. (Kinda sound like Democrats saying Obamacare is good come to think of it.) Personally, I've had two iPods, only worked adequate for me until it got up in age...

Old 11-07-2013, 01:47 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
the website issues I can agree with the problems, the price is a little too high (even with subsidies) but the issues of the website can be fixed (hopefully soon.)
i dont even care about the website, as you said it can be fixed. the law on the other hand will require an act of god, congress, the old soviet union, china, and the will of the people to get fixed imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies