Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 02:46 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,576,646 times

Advertisements

How Unequal We Are: The Top 5 Facts You Should Know About The Wealthiest One Percent Of Americans | ThinkProgress

[MOD CUT/copyright/hotlinking]

This needs to change and some people do not see this as a problem . This right here is why republicans should never have a majority of any every again if they do they will own 60% to 70% of the wealth and US will be a third world country

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-13-2013 at 02:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 03:13 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
This will never change because of the way people feel about money. You can take every single dime away from the 1% and give it to the poor, and the 1% will get it back again and the poor will be poor again because money always has been and always will be an "issue" with them, and a lot of people here know what I am talking about.

Please don't dash yourself on the rocks about this. Look into it and you'll understand.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:23 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
How Unequal We Are: The Top 5 Facts You Should Know About The Wealthiest One Percent Of Americans | ThinkProgress

This needs to change and some people do not see this as a problem . This right here is why republicans should never have a majority of any every again if they do they will own 60% to 70% of the wealth and US will be a third world country
If you want to change this, get a job and earn a living for a change.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:38 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:

While I admire your sand, it's too late, the horse already left the barn. Like a dam breaking inundating a small city with thousands of gallons of water.

OWS accomplished nothing.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:48 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:

Why does that need to change? Did they steal what they have or something? If it's stolen, then yes something needs to be done about this. If they earned it, it's theirs not anyone else's to worry about. I'm also not sure I want to live in a country that is against gaining wealth. The only way you'll stop this is to steal it from them. You see what you are missing is only the top works hard enough to accumulate this kind of wealth. Why are you blaming them for the rest of the folks who didn't do things like start up Microsoft, invent something, start a chain of businesses, or have the good fortune to have been born to parents who did..etc, etc, ect...? There is nothing stopping you from taking out loans and starting your own business and working it until you succeed. Personally, I'm too lazy to do that so I work a job like most folks but I don't begrudge those who have worked for what they have for what they have. Perhaps they worked harder than me, are smarter than me or are just luckier than me but it's theirs not mine.

I'm not sure who told you life was supposed to be fair but they lied to you.

I really don't care how much wealth the top 1% has. It isn't mine and doesn't affect me. Now if they want to just cut me a check for a million, I'd be ever so grateful......but it is theirs to do with as they wish.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:49 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Dems hold 60% of the power in DC, this has to change.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:57 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
If you want to change this, get a job and earn a living for a change.
I think a better idea would be to get two jobs, support yourself with one and donate the other one to the bottom 99%....or start a business that hires them and then give all the profits to them.... People never put THEIR money where their mouth is on issues like this. It's always someone else's money they want to "fix" the problem.

To the OP:

By the way, there's a name for this. It's called JEALOUSY and the bible teaches against it. Isn't one of the ten commandments thou shalt not steal?

If you don't like this, go start a business and give 100% of the profits to your employees. Let them profit from your hard work. I'm betting if you do, you'll change your mind about keeping some for yourself.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:00 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Under Obama's QE record money creation to the tune of $85,000,000,000.00 a month the rich get richer as the stock market gets inflated while the dollar loses value. Obama is the 1% president as 121% of the gains in income have went to the top 1% under Obama, meaning the bottom 99% have lost under Obama.

The Richest 1 Percent Have Captured 121 Percent Of Income Gains During The Recovery | ThinkProgress

What people need to do is work harder and make smarter decisions with the money they have. Avoid debt, avoid buying things they don't need. Save.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:14 AM

544 posts, read 610,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
What people need to do is work harder and make smarter decisions with the money they have. Avoid debt, avoid buying things they don't need. Save.
I agree with all points except "What people need to do is work harder"

That is a lie.

It would take the normal person making $50,000 a year 20 years to earn $1,000,000. However, that person could not buy anything for those 20 years. So they would have to live for free somewhere, walk to work, wear the same clothes for 20 years, and save everything they make.

There are people who only make like $15,000 a year that probably work harder than many millionaires and some billionaire's like the Waltons.

Working hard does not = Wealth.

Even if they are tremendously good at only buying what they need and invest all their money, it still will not be enough to create them much of any wealth. Life is not some controlled environment where you can make a 5 year 10 year or 20 year plan and have no issues come up and possibly some that might ruin the whole plan and start over from scratch.

The best thing we could do is get EMPLOYERS and GOVERNMENT out of bed together. No taxes, no deductions of any kind what so ever should ever come out of a employees check.

Give them all the money, and let them choose how to spend it. That is the free market at work.

Right now our economy is pretty much ran by the government and by fear of the government.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:20 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
This will never change because of the way people feel about money. You can take every single dime away from the 1% and give it to the poor, and the 1% will get it back again and the poor will be poor again because money always has been and always will be an "issue" with them, and a lot of people here know what I am talking about.
The issue, though, is that it used to be different, and within the lifetimes of some of us. The level of economic injustice today is unprecedented since the United States became a superpower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies