Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 07:21 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,821,980 times

Advertisements

Actually, gun fondlers is a good name for them.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:23 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,394,707 times
Despite what many on the right believe, most of the Democrats I know own guns. they're fond of better registration laws, less criminals owning them. Most feel that the anti-assault weapon stuff is overblown.

Its a minority of the Democrats that feel that gun ownership should be banned. Or maybe I hang out with the wrong sort of Democrats.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:24 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,171,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
You have the gull to say gun owners lack class yet you name call..

Civilian disarmament activist don't care about the 2nd Amendment, why would they care about any of the others?
Classless is name calling? Oh I can do better than that if that's what you really want.

Tell me again, where & when is this gun grabbing going on that you cling to?

Old 11-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,594 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post

The problem with their reasoning, is the strong black TEA party chapters that make it a ridiculous notion.

They can't win over people using the truth, and must turn to lies.
Your comment is a lie, "strong black Tea Party Chapter"??? your own post only has like 8 black people and in each picture there are no more than 2 black people in them, one of those pictures is clearly from a bus stop.

How is that a strong black chapter ?

now,that being said, it doesnt mean the Tea Party as a whole is racist, but they do have racist members that are very vocal. Are you denying this ?

Old 11-13-2013, 07:52 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,748,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Despite what many on the right believe, most of the Democrats I know own guns. they're fond of better registration laws, less criminals owning them. Most feel that the anti-assault weapon stuff is overblown.

Its a minority of the Democrats that feel that gun ownership should be banned. Or maybe I hang out with the wrong sort of Democrats.
How can they? I mean being a gun owner and voting for them, is like being a Jew and voting FOR the Nazi Party..I mean given their track history,actions, and rhetoric they have earned the reputation of being against the 2nd amendment.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your comment is a lie, "strong black Tea Party Chapter"??? your own post only has like 8 black people and in each picture there are no more than 2 black people in them, one of those pictures is clearly from a bus stop.

How is that a strong black chapter ?

now,that being said, it doesnt mean the Tea Party as a whole is racist, but they do have racist members that are very vocal. Are you denying this ?
proof please?

Old 11-13-2013, 07:56 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,171,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
How can they? I mean being a gun owner and voting for them, is like being a Jew and voting FOR the Nazi Party..I mean given their track history,actions, and rhetoric they have earned the reputation of being against the 2nd amendment.
Maybe because a gun is an inanimate object, not a human being? A more appropriate comparison would be the Log Cabin Republicans. Gays who are republican. Now that one, that one makes not one bit of sense.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Classless is name calling? Oh I can do better than that if that's what you really want.

Tell me again, where & when is this gun grabbing going on that you cling to?
Fact: It did in California. The 1989 Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act required
registration. Due to shifting definitions of “assault weapons,” many legal firearms are
now being confiscated by the California government.

Fact: It did in New York City. In 1967, New York City passed an ordinance requiring a
citizen to obtain a permit to own a rifle or shotgun, which would then be registered. In
1991, the city passed a ban on the private possession of some semi-automatic rifles and
shotguns, and “registered” owners were told that those firearms had to be surrendered,
rendered inoperable, or taken out of the city.

Fact: After Hurricane Katrina the New Orleans Mayor ordered the Confiscation of all firearms, making tens of thousands of people defenseless to criminals who did not comply.

New Jersey Democrats caught calling for confiscation of guns on open microphone - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

Dems Push Expanded Gun Control, Confiscation

Missouri Dems Introduce Alarming Gun Confiscation Bill Giving Law-Abiding Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Certain Firearms or Become Felons | TheBlaze.com

Explain this away.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:00 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,066,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Looks like the open carry people surrounded the moms in the restaurant, I am sure their message of threatening people advocating sensible gun laws will only help to make their case.

Open Carry Advocates Stand Outside Moms Against Gun Violence Meeting: Tell Us if You Think They Went Too Far | TheBlaze.com
Okay.

Both groups were within their rights as American citizens....what's the problem?

Old 11-13-2013, 08:01 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,066,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What does that have to do with background checks, who knows maybe there was someone in that group with a criminal record we will never know.
Who knows if any of the women inside were illegals?

Had a wacko started shooting, it would have been a very, very short spree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies