Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 11:37 PM

742 posts, read 678,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Who cares? Animals kill each other all the time. It's the circle of life. Get over it. Anyone want some chicken?
I mean who cars about your health! Eating sick and abused animals is not healthy as those factory farms are filled with disease. But who cares right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 01:35 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Who cares? Animals kill each other all the time. It's the circle of life. Get over it. Anyone want some chicken?
There is a difference in nature where they are free to roam without restrictions.
And...
Being abused daily by people who are suppose to be giving them a good quality of life for the time they are alive. Not gouging out their eyes and other horrific things that cause pain and suffering.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:36 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Here's the difference, this is what happens naturally. It should not be natural for a person to be torturing and killing that's WRONG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
No thanks on the chicken. But I'd watch a few christians get tossed to the lions. Who cares though, it's the circle of life.
You must believe in hurting those not involved! Nice!

Old 11-23-2013, 08:35 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Here's the difference, this is what happens naturally. It should not be natural for a person to be torturing and killing that's WRONG!

You must believe in hurting those not involved! Nice!
Which part of human activity is not part of the nature?

Old 11-23-2013, 08:38 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This post I have to say I do agree with you on......getting people to stop being stupid is hard to do.

American Kennel Club linked to 100 abused dogs in Washington | Global Animal

Then we have the backyard breeders breeding as fast as they can to make a fighting dog or the next popular dog. It's all sad to think as a society we've really not advanced much in the cruelty towards others and things around us department.
However, somehow all those are morally superior to someone punching a dog.

Just think about those dogs born with genetic problems due to forced inbred, all for the purpose of breeding a particular species.

But I am sure that's morally superior as long as I dress up my own chiwawa in some pink sweater that no dog in the world would ever voluntarily wear!

Old 11-23-2013, 08:56 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
There is a difference in nature where they are free to roam without restrictions.
And...
Being abused daily by people who are suppose to be giving them a good quality of life for the time they are alive. Not gouging out their eyes and other horrific things that cause pain and suffering.
Pumping them full of antibiotics and growth hormones are not natural either, to say nothing of the rush of fear and stress hormones that flow through the animals as they are being abused or awaiting slaughter, which then suffuse their meat. And humans then consume all of this every time they eat a hamburger or a piece of chicken.

I couldn't watch the video in the OP. I turned vegetarian more than 20 years ago after seeing similar things. Very sad that in that 20 years, things have only gotten worse for the animals who are warehoused on these big factory farms--chickens packed into tiny cages living their entire lives without ever touching the ground; calves chained in cages so narrow they cannot move, so the veal is tender; geese being force fed three times a day to produce foie gras. It goes on and on and on.

You can tell a lot about a society by the way it treats its animals. What do these inhumane factory farms say about us?

Old 11-23-2013, 08:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Why don't we just pass a bill making eating any meat illegal. That would satisfy all the Vegans and PETA members I guess...Geeze, pretty soon nothing will be legal. Let's push for less sodium, outlaw Trans fats, cut the legal drinking level to 0.00.00 and God only know what else, but make sure we make drugs legal. What are we coming to anyway???

Old 11-23-2013, 09:07 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Why don't we just pass a bill making eating any meat illegal. That would satisfy all the Vegans and PETA members I guess...Geeze, pretty soon nothing will be legal. Let's push for less sodium, outlaw Trans fats, cut the legal drinking level to 0.00.00 and God only know what else, but make sure we make drugs legal. What are we coming to anyway???
So you're okay with all the antibiotics and growth hormones in your food? You have no problem with the cruel and inhumane treatment of animals? You see no reason for humans to treat animals in a humane fashion?

No one is trying to outlaw meat, so cut the histrionics. But if you see no problem with the horrible treatment of the animals you eat, it says more about you than about vegans or PETA. What are we coming to, indeed.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 11-23-2013 at 10:04 AM..

Old 11-23-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Which part of human activity is not part of the nature?
The mean and violent part should be.........every animal has the ability to live and end it's life in a humane way, if humans give the right care. I've known butchers and ranchers none of them would put up with this kind of treatment of their livestock.

Prison time and hard labor for these kinds of crimes, including abuse of women and children are better than fines and a slap on the wrist. This act was way beyond kicking or punching the pig!

Old 11-23-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
However, somehow all those are morally superior to someone punching a dog.

Just think about those dogs born with genetic problems due to forced inbred, all for the purpose of breeding a particular species.

But I am sure that's morally superior as long as I dress up my own chiwawa in some pink sweater that no dog in the world would ever voluntarily wear!
I'm with you here......The phrase I hate the worst is "my dog is so cute, I'm going to breed her" I always suggest spaying and neutering, always! They have a dog on the internet calling it a kanagroo dog rather than calling it what it is, a polluted gene line.

Yes, dog clothes have got to be the dumbest thing to ever happen to a canine friend!

I really wish not all people felt the need to be dog owners, just as all people should not have children.

How about the hypoallergenic dog.......yeah right! All dogs roll in manure or mud if given the chance, even high end dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies