Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2013, 03:13 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If you look at it dental insurance really doesn't cover much.
My plan has a max yearly benefit of the equivalent of 1 root canal.

Did you shop around for your dental work if I might ask ?
Took my son for a root canal last year. Had to find a dentist due to relocation to a new city.
I made 4 calls after doing a bit of research and the price for a root canal varied from $400-$1500.
The $1500 one said they'd give me a 10% discount for cash.
How do you explain that much of a difference ?
Went with the $400 dentist and found out they don't take any insurance but do layaway work.
Told my son he found his dentist because after paying for that root canal he was on his own.
No, I'd been happily going to the same dentist for 13 years. But I suspect that after I move out of state soon, I'll certainly be shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 03:41 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There's nothing to "fix" when that is the direction society has been pointed in.
Yes there is. The current situation is not from heaven.
For example: there is a weird connection between employment and medical insurance. It probably worked 50 years ago when employment was stable. Today it has no place in the economy. The worst possible thing is losing your healthcare insurance at the same time you lose your job! Many other such oddities plague US healthcare. There is much to change, even if you don't necessarily agree with Obamacare.
Quote:
People don't have a fit about the SexEd ..that's been in the school for years.
It's the free condoms, birth control pills, homosexual acceptance talk that upsets folks.
SexEd has gone from biological education to social awareness,acceptance and promotion.
Yes. There is a big change, but years ago when SexEd was first introduced, people objected it for similar reasons.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:10 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
We LIVE in Canada.
Good....because the last thing the united States needs is more lying conniving dishonest immoral unethical people.

Quote:
We kind of know what we're talking about.
Yeah?

Then read this article from the Canadian Medical Association and explain why these Canadians died on waiting lists...

The risks of waiting for cardiac catheterization: a prospective study
However, only 37% of the procedures overall were completed within the requested waiting time.
Interpretation: Patients awaiting cardiac catheterization may experience major adverse events, such as death,...

Deflecting, dodging and lying in 3...2....1.....Mark
Quote:
It`s the exact same thing YOU do when you post links from the Fraser Institute.
Okay, sweetie, tell us which one of these links is from the Fraser Institute....

Source: Database EuroStat: The European Commission of the European Union.
Source: http://www.gao.gov/assets/650/648482.pdf
Source: War Labor Reports, Reports and Decisions of the National War Labor Board (Washington, D.C.: The Bureau of National Affairs, 4, 1943) LXIV.
Source: Office of Economic Stabilization, Regulations of the Part 4001 Relating to Wages and Salaries, Issued October 27, 1942; amended November 5 and November 30, 1942, Section 4001.1 (h) (2), War Labor Reports 4, XII.
Source: War Labor Reports, Reports and Decisions of the National War Labor Board, Section 1002.8, LXVIII.
Source: Public Law 83-591, August 16, 1954; Internal Revenue Code of 1954, Section 106. For more information on the 1954 tax code.

US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health

Dartmouth Atlas of Health Care

Source: Why Ration Healthcare? Page 86
Source: www.nber.org/chapters/c7131.pdf
Source: Inland Steel Co. v. National Labor Relations Board. United Steel Workers Of America, C.I.O., et al. v. National Labor Relations Board; United States Court of Appeals Seventh Circuit.

Source: Office of Management and Budget 2009 Budget: Federal Receipts and Collections, Analytical Perspectives

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/FY2009/apers.html

Source: Delay, Denial and Dilution: The Impact of NHS Rationing on Heart Disease and Cancer
IEA Health and Welfare Unit (London)

Source: US Center for Disease Control

Go ahead......show us which one of those sources is from the Fraser Institute.

We'll wait....

Quote:
I was wondering when Mircea would show up with his walls and walls of text. Still making your living in insurance?
One is forced to conclude that you have a really pathetic life.

The only thing you know how to do is deflect, dodge and lie.

You can't think for yourself, and when you get slammed with irrefutable evidence, the only thing you know how to do is resort to lying and accusing people of working for the insurance industry.

I never did make a living in insurance, and I've more or less been semi-retired since 1997.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I'll see your single example and raise you:
You mean you'll deflect, dodge and lie, and then post partisan slanted links that are of no relevance to the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Not taking seriously a person who works for and is paid by the Insurance Industry.
Seeing how you and the Welcher are constantly butt-hurt with facts and evidence, you ought to get married, and then you can both commiserate about about being butt-hurt in front of 6 Billion people on the world wide web, and then you resort to lying and say I work for the insurance industry, because you're not intelligent enough to defend your own positions.

That's really sad.

Seeing how you cannot muster up the courage to attack the evidence from government websites I post, I'm wondering how you muster up the courage to show your faces on this forum.

Gloating at the pasting....

Mircea

Old 11-22-2013, 04:11 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times
It seems that liberals are afraid to fix the actual problem which are the costs of healthcare. It used to be America lead the world in new ideas instead liberals want us to follow the world using European ideas that are not new but don't solve any real problems.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:18 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Wow...I'm sure that was an exhausting thread to type out. I would commend you on it but I know that you copy and paste the majority of it from your previous threads because you literally say the same thing over and over. You're argument condesed is as follows: It's too expensive, people die on waiting lists, healthcare monopolies jack up costs (i agree there), bureaucrats are stupid and inefficient, etc. etc. etc.

All that is well and good, and I'm not denying that single-payer systems aren't perfect...because they aren't .However, I've cited a widely accepted, and widely comprehensive study from the WHO that ranks our system 36th based on metrics that really can't be that skewed. Life expectancy, Infant mortality, per person expenditure, doctors to patient, nurses to patient, access to care, care across socioeconomic status, deaths from cancer, deaths from cardiovascular disease, deaths from muscular degenerative disease, and a slew of other...........

The study below was presented by Families USA in conjunction with the Institute of Medicine. Please read pages 9-11 on the methodology for how a "death because of being uninsured" is quantified.
http://familiesusa2.org/assets/pdfs/...r-Coverage.pdf
  • Across the nation, 26,100 people between the ages of 25 and 64 died prematurely due to a lack of health coverage in 2010 (Table 1). That works out to:
  • 2,175 people who died prematurely every month;
  • 502 people who died prematurely every week;
  • 72 people who died prematurely every day; or
  • Three every hour.
[list]
oh please

please another fascist liberal spewing the 26k dying without insurance LIE

so you were so smart, you couldnt even figure out that liberal fib is a lie

there is ZERO (zip, nada) PROOF that those people died because of lack of insurance

* and yet 2.5 million died WITH INSURANCE
* over 180,000 seniors (those over 65) die each year....while ON medicare(A GOVERNMENT INSURANCE
* 75k died becuase of alcohol
* in 2010 there were 33,000 traffic deaths (lowest level ever recorded)
* 146k people in the USA die each year from perscribed medication( hmmm 15,000 die each year from illegal drugs...but 146,000 die from PROPERLY perscribed drugs) ((((In an average year, 1.6 million people are hospitalized due to the side effects of prescribed drugs))))
* Approximately 180,000 people die each year partly as a result of doctor- caused injury

and yet you believe that 26k died from LACK of INSURANCE

having insurance only means that some entity is paying your bill

I can go to the doctor (any doctor) and get preventive care, without insurance

actually GOING TO THE doctor gets you preventive care

insurance is not care, never has been

Old 11-22-2013, 04:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Yes there is. The current situation is not from heaven.
For example: there is a weird connection between employment and medical insurance. It probably worked 50 years ago when employment was stable. Today it has no place in the economy. The worst possible thing is losing your healthcare insurance at the same time you lose your job! Many other such oddities plague US healthcare. There is much to change, even if you don't necessarily agree with Obamacare.

Yes. There is a big change, but years ago when SexEd was first introduced, people objected it for similar reasons.
50 years ago health insurance only covered hospital stays.
It worked because we were a producer nation with savings accounts so we had money to pay our bills.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:22 PM

525 posts, read 508,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh please

please another fascist liberal spewing the 26k dying without insurance LIE

so you were so smart, you couldnt even figure out that liberal fib is a lie

there is ZERO (zip, nada) PROOF that those people died because of lack of insurance

* over 180,000 seniors (those over 65) die each year....while ON medicare(A GOVERNMENT INSURANCE
* 146k people in the USA die each year from perscribed medication( hmmm 15,000 die each year from illegal drugs...but 146,000 die from PROPERLY perscribed drugs) ((((In an average year, 1.6 million people are hospitalized due to the side effects of prescribed drugs))))
* Approximately 180,000 people die each year partly as a result of doctor- caused injury

having insurance only means that some entity is paying your bill

I can go to the doctor (any doctor) and get preventive care, without insurance

actually GOING TO THE doctor gets you preventive care

insurance is not care, never has been
Explain in detail why the metholdology of the citation I listed is wrong. I'll wait.

Further, your contention that health insurance isn't care is correct....it's access to care, more importantly access to preventative care without the fear of financial ruin.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
It seems that liberals are afraid to fix the actual problem which are the costs of healthcare. It used to be America lead the world in new ideas instead liberals want us to follow the world using European ideas that are not new but don't solve any real problems.
The costs are not addressed and I agree that is the problem.
Without addressing the cost premiums will continue to rise.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:28 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:

The study below was presented by Families USA in conjunction with the Institute of Medicine. Please read pages 9-11 on the methodology for how a "death because of being uninsured" is quantified.
http://familiesusa2.org/assets/pdfs/...r-Coverage.pdf
  • Across the nation, 26,100 people between the ages of 25 and 64 died prematurely due to a lack of health coverage in 2010 (Table 1). That works out to:
[indent][list][*]2,175 people who died prematurely every month;[*]502 people who died prematurely every week;[*]72 people who died prematurely every day; or[*]Three every hour.
hmmm

Quote:
Explain in detail why the metholdology of the citation I listed is wrong. I'll wait.

why don't you explain:

you state 26k people died because of lack of insurance....yet...

you want to know what was wrong with the methodology??? EVERYTHING...it lacked COMMON SENSE...it was a TOTAL FASCIST LIBERAL LIE

Last edited by workingclasshero; 11-22-2013 at 04:38 PM..

Old 11-22-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:

Further, your contention that health insurance isn't care is correct....it's access to care, more importantly access to preventative care without the fear of financial ruin.
How much does your annual physical cost ?
Not your "copay" but the actual cost of a physical.
Did you ever think to ask ?

I know because I actually have to pay for mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies