Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2013, 09:34 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Might be in NYC...8 attacks over 4 weeks.
Meh...why should i believe that it was a game of knockout? How do i know that these weren't fights or physical attacks over other issues?

There is no way you can know that. The copycat thing after it hits the media tends to influence both the perpetrators and supposed 'victims' of the hyperbolized crime in question.

I'll believe there's an epidemic once enough people are convicted. Not that i don't believe that its happened before...i'll concede that it has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Hold up...now you're flipping the script.

In your previous post, you were making it sound as if blacks were booing Jesse and Al for speaking out about violence...insinuating that blacks condone the violence. Now you're posting a link that says they booed them for so-called "exploiting the Trayvon Martin incident."

Come on dude...

Old 11-26-2013, 11:34 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,504,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...why should i believe that it was a game of knockout? How do i know that these weren't fights or physical attacks over other issues?

There is no way you can know that. The copycat thing after it hits the media tends to influence both the perpetrators and supposed 'victims' of the hyperbolized crime in question.

I'll believe there's an epidemic once enough people are convicted. Not that i don't believe that its happened before...i'll concede that it has.

Hold up...now you're flipping the script.

In your previous post, you were making it sound as if blacks were booing Jesse and Al for speaking out about violence...insinuating that blacks condone the violence. Now you're posting a link that says they booed them for so-called "exploiting the Trayvon Martin incident."

Come on dude...
script is the same. many dont support al sharpton nor jessie jackson. not a wild accusation. how bout posting some evidence of your own instead of attacking mine.
Barack Obama Jesse Jackson

Old 11-26-2013, 11:40 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,173,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I was not aware that Lansing michigan was in the hood! Or Milwaukee for that matter.
Um, yeah, there are hood areas in Milwaukee.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:41 AM

28,690 posts, read 18,842,628 times
I think calling this some kind of vast national situation is a hype.

OTOH, in the few cases that it is occuring, these incidents are troubling and deserve appropriate attention where they occur. A generalized disregard of human life--not even with money as a motive--is something we need to pay attention to.

One thing I'd point out: African-American society (for a variety of reasons) is a very weak society. Social problems that will eventually affect Americans across the board will show their affects first in African-American neighborhoods. Think of them as canaries in the coal mine...warnings of conditions that should be fixed early.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:45 AM

9,143 posts, read 5,815,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not that i don't believe that its happened more than a few times, but no way is there some epidemic of it all over the country. If i had to assign it a figure, i'd bet that its happened no more than 4 or 5 times....if that.
4 or 5 times?
You must be counting the confirmed kills.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:46 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,579,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
A dangerous game going unchecked * - Thomas Sowell - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -

So it says that blacks youths have specifically targeted whites, jews,and Asians in a "knockout game" and posted videos, and this often involves the shouting of racial slurs against the victims. The goal of this game apparently is to knock out the victim with one punch.

And y'all think I'm unjustified in fearing the expansion of mass transit into suburban areas.
What exactly does "mass transit" have to do with " thuggish" behavior? Black youth don't live in the suburbs?

Old 11-26-2013, 11:50 AM

15,652 posts, read 10,419,938 times
It makes me angry that some black people on these boards are denying these attacks, including murder of some victims, documented over 100 times in the media, and making excuses for this racial brutality. I look forward to a day when hatred and racism can be discussed with honesty. That day clearly hasn't arrived.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
script is the same. many dont support al sharpton nor jessie jackson. not a wild accusation. how bout posting some evidence of your own instead of attacking mine.
Barack Obama Jesse Jackson
Know what? I'll humble myself and apologize because i think i may have confused what you said by what you may have meant. But you didn't help matters by not making your comment very clear...and a lot can be inferred by what you said.

Please, add a little perspicuity to your original comment, and i'll come back with my retort.

Fair enough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I think calling this some kind of vast national situation is a hype.

OTOH, in the few cases that it is occuring, these incidents are troubling and deserve appropriate attention where they occur. A generalized disregard of human life--not even with money as a motive--is something we need to pay attention to.

One thing I'd point out: African-American society (for a variety of reasons) is a very weak society. Social problems that will eventually affect Americans across the board will show their affects first in African-American neighborhoods. Think of them as canaries in the coal mine...warnings of conditions that should be fixed early.
On this, i'll agree 1000% percent. With the black community being as weak as it is, it's definitely the first place to look when you want to forecast ominous potentialities. That's a good call.

I've tried to explain this to several whites that they ought not look at the black community so insouciantly because it's usually a sign of things to come for everybody if they aren't careful.

Being an African American myself, i wish we weren't the guinea pigs, but that's just the way things are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
4 or 5 times?
You must be counting the confirmed kills.
You have your opinions (fears), and i have mine. And frankly, i'm not the least bit concerned about the game of Knockout. If you're scared, pack a pistol and kill anyone that looks like they might try you.

Me? I'm going out to have a glass of wine and a fat juicy ribeye.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:22 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,677,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
A dangerous game going unchecked * - Thomas Sowell - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -

So it says that blacks youths have specifically targeted whites, jews,and Asians in a "knockout game" and posted videos, and this often involves the shouting of racial slurs against the victims. The goal of this game apparently is to knock out the victim with one punch.

And y'all think I'm unjustified in fearing the expansion of mass transit into suburban areas.
yes...fear the black man...
it's exactly what he wants though.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:25 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,630,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
yes...fear the black man...
it's exactly what he wants though.
'the black man' wants to be feared?

how strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies