Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 06:33 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times

Advertisements

Good for Sharpton but I wish he would have been more forceful and called the attackers cowards. There is nothing brave of being in a group of people and punching some one unaware and alone.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:45 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Al Sharpton is finally stepping up to acknowledge this.

It's real and it's happening all over the US.
7 attacks in Brooklyn alone in the past month.

Man Charged In Latest Alleged ‘Knockout Game’ Attack In Brooklyn « CBS New York
The Rev. Al Sharpton spoke out against the “knockout game” attacks on Saturday.

“If someone was running around talking about knocking out blacks, we would not be silent,” Sharpton said. “We cannot be silent.”

Sharpton said he is also speaking to celebrities about doing public service announcements to denounce the attacks.
Is this happening "all over the US?" Brooklyn and Jersey City are closer than Ft Worth and Dallas.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:21 PM

329 posts, read 431,393 times
Unfortunately this is probably going to result in the deaths of more innocent blacks. Whites are getting scared to death and arming to the teeth because of the things young black males are doing. That is why you have incidents like Trayvon Martin and the lady in Detroit that was shot knocking on the white people's door after a car wreck. Whites are scared and many will shoot first rather than risk possibly being killed themselves. And they probably will not be convicted because every white juror knows the fear that you have when a pack of young black males are nearby. I do not think this is right but it is just the way things are.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:52 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WmMeeker View Post
Unfortunately this is probably going to result in the deaths of more innocent blacks. Whites are getting scared to death and arming to the teeth because of the things young black males are doing. That is why you have incidents like Trayvon Martin and the lady in Detroit that was shot knocking on the white people's door after a car wreck. Whites are scared and many will shoot first rather than risk possibly being killed themselves. And they probably will not be convicted because every white juror knows the fear that you have when a pack of young black males are nearby. I do not think this is right but it is just the way things are.
So what you are saying is that things will remain the same.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:02 PM

136 posts, read 116,787 times
Quote:
Actually, white people are scared of blacks in general. Black people don't need to travel in a "pack." I'm a black woman (5'4, 122 lbs), yet I invoke major fear in the heart of white males and females. It's actually quite amusing to be honest. Having such power!

Old 11-24-2013, 11:28 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
^
I think it's men you are scaring.
Women don't scare as easy :-)

Old 11-24-2013, 11:34 PM

136 posts, read 116,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
^
I think it's men you are scaring.
Women don't scare as easy :-)
I'm not sure why whites believe they are the only ones with legal guns. I have no criminal record and I own a few guns. I am ready and waiting.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:23 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
To be honest, the life of a Black man has always been considered dispensable. The life of a Black man has always been considered worthless by many in society. This has been considered the case from day one. Before these attacks began, Blacks have been regarded with deep hatred and mistrust. How do we not know some of these persons harbored hatred and fear of Blacks before the pack attacks began?

This isn't going to end well. Chances are, this could turn into a conflict much more violent than this. Is it right? No. I'm just listing a possible scenario of what could happen. Violent conflicts based on race have been occurring in this nation from day one.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:29 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Is this happening "all over the US?" Brooklyn and Jersey City are closer than Ft Worth and Dallas.
There have been reports, dating back to 2005, in Philadelphia, Chicago, Lansing, Detroit, etc. So yeah, all over the U.S.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:16 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Al Sharpton is finally stepping up to acknowledge this.

It's real and it's happening all over the US.
7 attacks in Brooklyn alone in the past month.

Man Charged In Latest Alleged ‘Knockout Game’ Attack In Brooklyn « CBS New York
The Rev. Al Sharpton spoke out against the “knockout game” attacks on Saturday.

“If someone was running around talking about knocking out blacks, we would not be silent,” Sharpton said. “We cannot be silent.”

Sharpton said he is also speaking to celebrities about doing public service announcements to denounce the attacks.
wow. i think my heart stopped there for a second or two.

al actually condemned this thuggery? kudos!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies