Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2013, 01:24 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,148,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
No idea. That's why it's such a weird story. But the fact is, she did not at any point ask for donations.
She/the restaurant set up a Paypal account to accept donations. She wanted donations. Period. End of discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 01:26 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,881,435 times
Quote:
Anyway, electronic records are records and are almost always admissible in court and in investigations. This applies to electronic surrogates as well. Because it is a fully electronic transaction, restaurants do not need to save the receipts. How would this apply to online transactions, for example? When I order from mealeo.com and the restaurant gets the order, processes the credit card transaction, collects the tip for the delivery person and drops it at my apartment, there is nothing for me to sign. No receipt generated. It's all electronic.
no receipt for you, but one IS printed at the place of business, and they do keep them. as i said i have been through this before.

Quote:
I've been through the bank-hacking thing. However, it is their databases that are being hacked, and the hackers aren't using credit card receipts to do so. Or, the bank let their firewall guard down and sent information in an unencrypted format. All of which is why you won't find a single story of that actually happening from a credit card receipt. Even an ATM receipt won't give away your personal information.
are you sure the hackers are not using credit card receipts? as i said there is a lot of information on them, so unless you are a hacker, or belong to a group of hackers, you dont know where they start their hacks. and like i said, there is a transaction number on the receipt where by your personal information CAN be accessed if you can get into the financial institution in question.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:31 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,638,101 times
Yet another poor reflection on the part of the perpetually angry and always disgruntled homosexual. The waitress should be immediately terminated.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:33 PM

723 posts, read 634,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
She/the restaurant set up a Paypal account to accept donations. She wanted donations. Period. End of discussion.
Nowhere has it been written that she set up the PayPal account. The restaurant did that. All she did was go public, which of course is the problem in the first place.

From CNN: "Morales says that between the people who have called in to the restaurant to give credit card numbers, those who have mailed tips, or donated to a special PayPal account the restaurant set up, she estimates that she has received more than $2,000 so far."

Old 11-26-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Nowhere has it been written that she set up the PayPal account. The restaurant did that. All she did was go public, which of course is the problem in the first place.

From CNN: "Morales says that between the people who have called in to the restaurant to give credit card numbers, those who have mailed tips, or donated to a special PayPal account the restaurant set up, she estimates that she has received more than $2,000 so far."
That's cute. Somehow, some way you feel that the restaurant's actions and her actions are mutually exclusive, that one operates separately from the other even as both parties benefit from the other's actions.

The mental gymnastics are impressive. You deserve an award.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
no receipt for you, but one IS printed at the place of business, and they do keep them. as i said i have been through this before.
I know some restaurant owners; most if not all discard the paper copies. Electronic records do not need a paper surrogate. The information stored electronic is enough for any audit or investigation, especially when the information is duplicated by the financial institution. When did you go through this? The use of these records grows all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
are you sure the hackers are not using credit card receipts? as i said there is a lot of information on them, so unless you are a hacker, or belong to a group of hackers, you dont know where they start their hacks. and like i said, there is a transaction number on the receipt where by your personal information CAN be accessed if you can get into the financial institution in question.
If they're already in the institution's system, they don't need the reference number from a receipt. They already have access to that information. There's no information on these receipts that can be used for that. Again, if there was, this would be an extremely pervasive problem. You see discarded receipts in nearly every trash can.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
That's cute. Somehow, some way you feel that the restaurant's actions and her actions are mutually exclusive, that one operates separately from the other even as both parties benefit from the other's actions.
You're always more than welcome to show me even one single quote that acknowledges she had any part at all in setting up the account. This is not an uncommon thing. And she may have been involved in that creation, but it's written exactly nowhere that she was. Again, it was a really dumb and wrong thing that she did, if this is all true. But you're casting her motivations as profit-driven, and there's no evidence of that whatsoever. (Which makes it even weirder!)

Old 11-26-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
You're always more than welcome to show me even one single quote that acknowledges she had any part at all in setting up the account. This is not an uncommon thing. And she may have been involved in that creation, but it's written exactly nowhere that she was. Again, it was a really dumb and wrong thing that she did, if this is all true. But you're casting her motivations as profit-driven, and there's no evidence of that whatsoever. (Which makes it even weirder!)
Sorry to rain on your parade, pee in your Corn Flakes, whatever. But you are quite naïve.

Quote:
Her post triggered an outpouring of support from people across the globe, and over $1000 in donations to a PayPal account that she set up at the urging of other Facebook users.

Gay waitress denied tip for gay 'lifestyle' gets flood of support - TODAY.com

At a minimum, you can't verify the veracity of your claims because the above completely destroys those claims. Now what?

Old 11-26-2013, 01:58 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,638,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Pathetic that the gay army was so gullible that they believed the waitress, just so that they could claim "victim" status.

Vicious stunts like this only alienate people.
The party line with them is that the homosexual is flawless, incapable of misconduct and always the victim. The sad part is that this waitress was automatically believed simply because she was homosexual. They wanted this to be true to perpetuate their fairy tale fantasy. This doesn’t look good for the waitress, the restaurant in question and those going out of their way to defend, excuse and justify such abominable misconduct.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:58 PM

17,449 posts, read 9,285,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Waitress better fess up...seems like the couple accused have been pretty quietly getting their ducks in a row on this one and it doesn't look good for the accuser.
I expect it might have a lot to do with the "local" news story that blew into a National News story, the recent threats against the Red Lobster customer, what happened to Paula Deen AND …. the Facebook posts of the Restaurant involved.

This is where the Restaurant really messed up - they posted some very inflammatory posts about the customer.

Quote:
Often times when receipts are shared publicly like this the employer isn’t happy about it. This wasn’t the case with the owners of Gallop Asian Bistro as they stated the following:

Dayna is one of our absolute best servers working here at Gallop. We as a team were deeply hurt by the events that transpired. I myself as the General Manager took it personal as my team treats each other like a family. I made sure that Dayna was compensated for the tip, as for emotionally I wish there was much more I could do. One thing I can say is that people of that woman’s kind business is not welcome here at Gallop, and I can assure you that if they decide to dine here again that they will be turned away.

Sincerely,
Byron Lapola
General Manager
Gallop Asian Bistro
And…

I can confirm this story as accurate. It is very sad that there are individuals in this world that don’t understand that people are people. Red, black, white, blue, straight, gay, bi, it makes no matter. Their heart beats, the bleed, and they hurt. What happened was appalling. And I would stand behind any of my employees in a situation such as this.
They have now removed those posted from the Business Facebook - their "reviews" are in the dumper and I'm sure they can't keep up with trying to delete the angry posts about the defamatory fake credit card receipt. It's pretty clear that Dayna duped them all - she deserves to lose her job and so does the Manager. This is about more than money - reputations are on the line in some cases. People get threatened, there are a lot of folks out there with a scam and they don't care who get's hurt. It's going to take several lawsuits before Restaurants start cracking down on this nonsense.

Gallop Asian Bistro

I agree with the poster about 'spitting in food' post by Dayna …… that is grounds enough for termination.

How hard can it be to have every employee sign a notice of Zero Tolerance on posting ANY customer information or Credit Card receipts online? This is not rocket science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies