Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 07:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times

Advertisements

The EPA is turning to gases now.
They are invisible but measurable and the goal post is moveable.
They make a fine goal for the next virtual war which also means infinite funding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 07:20 AM

16,762 posts, read 8,231,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
A PR home-run when it can be blamed on the EPA.
Yes Sir

Old 11-28-2013, 07:23 AM

68,343 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What electric company is dumping PCBs in rivers ?
It was directed more at this general belief the EPA does no good rather than specifically at electric companies.

I've driven thru the LA basin both before and after vehicle emissions were regulated, you'd have a hard time convincing me emissions control is a bad thing.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:23 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,739,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
The clean air we breath, the clean water we drink and the clean food we eat is important enough to me to pay a little more to make sure we have these in the future.
What are you going to do when the lights go out?

Old 11-28-2013, 07:25 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It was directed more at this general belief the EPA does no good rather than specifically at electric companies.

I've driven thru the LA basin both before and after vehicle emissions were regulated, you'd have a hard time convincing me emissions control is a bad thing.
But what about this change in direction for the EPA.
It's now about saving the planet ..a new virtual war we can never win but fund forever.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:27 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,739,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Hey guys you need to thank yor STATE Regulators who must approve any rate hike.

The Power companies are switching to Nat. Gas much lower cost then coal and charging its customers for the work so they can make a larger profit.

Well done on their part to convince the state regulators to give raises while lowering costs over the long term.
Bull squat! I build NG fired power plants they are not cheaper then coal

Old 11-28-2013, 07:30 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,336,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Controlling industrial emissions is more important than placating right-wingers who think their government's job is to prevent them from being upset or sad.
Well, you can pay my electric bill then.

Emissions from electric generating plants have not been a problem in many, many years, since those plants were significantly cleaned up fifty years ago or more.

I'm sick and tired of this EPA declaring everything and anything as a "polutant!"

Plants and trees need CO2. CO2 is good!

The governments job is to foster policies that produce growth and "promote the general welfare" as stated in the Constitution, not stifle it. The Federal Government exist to protect our rights, not take them away. Have you ever read that document? Did you understand it?

Old 11-28-2013, 07:31 AM

68,343 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But what about this change in direction for the EPA.
It's now about saving the planet ..a new virtual war we can never win but fund forever.
I'd say just another consequence of the black/white, right/wrong, us/them no-compromise atmosphere in Washington these days. IMO that's the real issue that needs to be addressed.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:32 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,229,074 times
The planet has it's own mind and will fling us off her back when it chooses to. And most of the saving the planet
environmental regimes are non-profits who don't pay taxes...wonderful. Couldn't agree more HT..

Old 11-28-2013, 07:32 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,555,220 times
Environmentalists should pay higher rates and subsidize those of us who know better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies