Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 04:00 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah, it must have been he was being malicious and racist. Why would you AUTOMATICALLY assume he was being racist but it being an off color joke is just out of the question? The kid was just a bedwetter is all.

What a load.

Even giving the teacher the benefit of the doubt, it was a stupid, insensitive comment to make. He's either incredibly stupid or incredibly naïve. Neither are very good things to be when you are educating adolescents.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

It dates back to at least the 1800's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Coca-Cola was founded in 1892.

Our modern version of Santa Claus is largely based on this poem:

A Visit from St. Nicholas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-16-2013, 05:49 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Ya know what I love best about extremist conservatives? They only ever give you half the story. Of course, maybe they only know half of the story. How about those signs those sorority members carried?

'But the Nu Gamma chapter of Chi Omega didn’t stop there. Instead, the coeds came up with the idea to make signs, with the statements, “Will Mow Lawn for Weed + Beer” and “I Don’t Cut Grass, I Smoke it."

So please don't bother finding your "but but" stories, unless you want to tell the entire story, not just the part of the story that suits your agenda.

Bigotes or Bigots? Sorority Girls Dress Up As Mexican Stereotypes |
Don't liberals think smoking grass is pretty awesome?

Old 12-16-2013, 06:29 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Exactly, because everyone knows that if Santa were black, he would have had his head blown off by some dude "standing his ground" with a shot gun!
If santa were actually black and coming down people's chimneys he'd be called a "burglar"

Old 12-16-2013, 06:38 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
JC people apologizing and arguing about the skin color of a fictional children's story character. I say we make Santa Claus a black oriental white hispanic african middle eastern lesbian midget bald tall male with a ponytail with a touch of autism Let's throw missing a limb. Your choice if its a arm or leg. I think that covers pretty much every race. If I missed anyone feel free to add them on to the list.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
JC people apologizing and arguing about the skin color of a fictional children's story character. I say we make Santa Claus a black oriental white hispanic african middle eastern lesbian midget bald tall male with a ponytail with a touch of autism Let's throw missing a limb. Your choice if its a arm or leg. I think that covers pretty much every race. If I missed anyone feel free to add them on to the list.
No, people are arguing about the appropriateness (or lack thereof) of a teacher telling a student he shouldn't be dressed as a fictional character because of his skin color.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:27 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Let's say you go to a department store and the person at the register makes a joke about your appearance in an unflattering way, would you simply laugh and say "good one" or would you alert the management of the joke?

Also I didn't say the teacher was racist, I said the joke was racist.
Like I would care what someone running a cash register thinks of me. I would laugh. Heartily.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:50 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Like I would care what someone running a cash register thinks of me. I would laugh. Heartily.
So you would simply laugh at the funny joke that was about your personal appearance and go about your day like it was no big deal? I highly doubt that would be your reaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies